Microsoft Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nwp1, Apr 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The only evidence we have is what dtg are saying. Effectively they blame Microsoft for the lack of sales. But other games especially smaller games get sales on xbox quite often and that article contradicts what dtg are saying. I wouldn't say dtg don't want to do sales but perhaps they should keep trying to get sales on the store because there is no restriction according to Microsoft. Also in tsw2020 there were a decent amount of sales. I managed to get East Coastway and RRO for tsw2020 on a nice sale last year so I don't get why in tsw2 there are no sales if there are no restrictions.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get it either, but there obviously ARE restrictions. DTG have stated publically on stream that this is the cse and MS have not issued a C&D order or had those vids taken down (which they would if legally there was no basis for the comment) so you have to take it that this is the case
    Why it's the case is a different (and unfortunately moot) point

• Like Like x 1
  3. tallboy7648

Well it's not his fault for not knowing there would be no sales.

Also your not even a xbox player and yet your involved in a discussion that doesn't even affect you at all. So I guess even if he was a ps4 player there is a chance he would be involved in the discussion if your part of it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

But I didn’t want a PS4 , did I ? I said why I’d prefer an Xbox earlier

5. ARuscoe

Nope, and we go back round to who controls the sales...

6. tallboy7648

The only restriction that I found is that Sales can not be made for subscription add ons which is effectively like buying a one year subscription to for example Disney Plus and buying a addon for that subscription to Disney plus. Other than that it doesn't talk about any other restrictions. It's pretty cut and dry

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

Which seems to not be Microsoft. Or it's down to a communication issue because I simple find it hard to believe that dtg wouldn't want to do sales but I find it hard to believe that Microsoft would restrict dtg to do sales based off of other smaller games that have sales and what the article says

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  8. ARuscoe

Then I guess we kiss DTG goodbye when MS sue them for repeatedly stating MS policy on sales. Until that happens, I would say DTG are stating the truth as MS would definitely shut them down on that

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

I hope you read the whole paragraph on what I said.

I don't think Microsoft would go after a small third party game company at all and try to shut them down. I haven't seen or heard of them doing that before. They tend to buy small studios though and pretty decent games come out of those studios. So unless Microsoft bought DTG and closed them down like ea does out of nowhere, DTG will be just fine

10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Here a question for tsw/tsw2020 the sales where some what regular and dtg would get about 4 to 6 slots on average but when tsw2 hits the sales become almost completely unavailable for xbox,so could dtg and microsoft have had some kind of falling out and this is why the CM keep dragging out the same explanation that really doesn't make things any better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Have I actually just read what I think I have just read?!

12. tallboy7648

Idk. Have you?

13. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

E
    Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

:o

16. tallboy7648

What is so surprising?

17. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I've quit playing TSW and 2 or buying anything of theirs until we get DLC sales

• Like Like x 1
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Seriously? You are comparing not being able to save six bucks on a game, to being treated as a semihuman noncitizen?

• Like Like x 2
  19. tallboy7648

It's still a valid example of people just wanted to get equal treatment. If PC and PS4 players can get sales then xbox should too

20. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Not something that can be used in an argument. It's incredibly offensive to use that in this context. :o

21. tallboy7648

That's your opinion. But apparently it's fair that Xbox players don't get sales???

22. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

DTG Natster DTG JD DTG Protagonist Sorry to tag you all but I think this thread is getting far out of control and someone needs to step in. 8th to last post on page 3 for example.

• Like Like x 1
  23. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I'm just going to enter a new contenter into this: it goes by the name of Logic.

You see, Logic grew up in a small tow- ah screw it, get to point.

Ok, according to a some people I speak to (and apparently it was implied on stream) there is a ⅓/⅓/⅓ split across the platforms.

As we see from steam DTG like to take advantage of sales when they can - they have said this, and here is the evidence.

From what I have heard on PlayStation there is a sale every now and again - fair play, that must be when they are offered them.

So why on Earth would they deny Xbox players like us? Well, I'll tell you why, it's because they don't.

It's clear DTG aren't lying when they say they like to offer sales.

It's clear it's only a platform based thing.

Nobody else noticed how it's typically big corporations (Microsoft is worth ~$1 trillion) that do these kinds of things.

Now before anyone says "ah yes well game [X] gets sales all the time"
    I get that, however clearly there are only so many of these "slots" available, they have to pick and choose.
    As had been said DTG only got 2 slots for BASE GAMES. Conveniently TSW2020 fills that gap.

As for people saying "why do TSW2020 DLCs go on sale" (this is outwith this thread as well) think of this for a second:

Ever heard of preserved collection? The transfer of content from TSW2020 > TSW2? Yeah, it's your friend, let it help you.

So before the bickering continues consider this.

• Like Like x 2
  24. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Also (and apologies (to dtg) for bringing this post back into the spotlight),
    but this comment about the Civil Rights movement is insensitive and complete out of proportion.
    Nobody (except maybe a few folk in the deep south) will say the African-Americans were treated fairly. And nobody (except you seemingly) would compare the [Redacted] Civil Rights movement to a Sale on a Simulator Game.

This post is also quite insensitive to what truly happened in the United States in this era.

And no, I don't happen to be American. I don't happen to be of African decent - or that of any group considered a "minority" in the US, however I know plenty about it and I suggest maybe pressing the delete button when you see this.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This thread is going in circles.

We understand you are disheartened about the lack of sales on Xbox. We have listened to your feedback about how you feel it's unfair. I understand your frustrations, if we were able to offer you more, we would.

We have explained multiple times now how our sales work, some of you are choosing not to believe us, that's fine.

Please see my post earlier in this thread if you want to better understand how the Xbox sales work.

This has now been locked for going completely off topic. Please take any discussions surrounding race elsewhere, that topic does not belong on the Train Sim World forums.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.