New Edition

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by railhub#5135, Jun 26, 2021.

1. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

I would really like some information about the 2022 edition of Train Sim World (Train Sim World 2022). It would be nice if you could send me some details about it.

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

It literally the Rush Hour Update......

3. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

That I know. Does that mean that Train Sim World 2022 is renamed to Train Sim World Rush hour? I earlier thought that TSW Rush hour was a DLC rather than a total new version of the Train Sim World series. I would highly appreciate it if this edition keeps upgrading because I really love this game since it has the ability to ride as a passenger with the AI driving the train.

4. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Rush Hour isn't the yearly TSW update, Rush Hour is an focus on passengers & improvements, there is no news about the core update from TSW2 yet

5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

We actually do have a lot of information about this years core update. Check the rush hour article again.

As for the original post, railhub#5135 there is currently no plans for a 2022 edition. This edition isn't even called 2021 (unless you ask someone's Xbox status).

If your referring to the core update coming at the same time as Rush Hour, there are details on trainsimworld.com on the rush hour post.

And, yes, Rush Hour is a DLC. Anyone who buys TSW after Rush Hour releases still gets Bakerloo, Köln - Aachen & Sand Patch Grade.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

No info on 2022 Train Sim World. The only thing that we do know is that it is either TSW 2023 (or TSW 2 2023) or TSW3. Personally, as much as I like Classic TS, if DTG discontinues Classic TS, then they will have more time to focus on TSW, which would mean longer and more detailed routes. With Classic TS, an editor is available, which lets anyone create their own content, so the game would still be alive. Companies like Just Trains actually made a business out of this. However, you can take some guesses. The routes that will be included will probably be the standard 1 UK, 1 Germany, and 1 US route with an Extra one of these being included in the Deluxe Version (with TSW2, it was 1 extra UK route ECW, with TSW2020, it was 1 extra US Route Peninsula Corridor.). I think included will be:
    East Coast Main Line South: London - Peterborough with Class 800, 313, and 365 with Class 717, 43, 91, and 387 being DLC
    Wurzburg - Gemuden with ICE3, BR 143, and BR 442
    Northeast Corridor: New York - Trentan with ACS-64 and Acella Express

• Like Like x 1
  7. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I kinda doubt that we’ll get 3 more routes since it would take a very good portion of the team to make them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The new edition will be called TSW2 - the same as it is now.
    The routes it will include are the same routes it included last year - Sand Patch Grade, Köln-Aachen, Bakerloo. There is a DLC of three routes releasing at the same time called Rush Hour. There’s plenty of information around on what those routes are and they are not the ones you have guessed here.

Basically it’s not changing at all but is an upgraded version. It’s TSW2 for at least another year.

• Like Like x 3
  9. trainsimgaming1001

What I mean is the release of TSW NEXT YEAR in 2022, not rush hour. I am well aware about rush hour a Mr Knowitall

10. trainsimplayer

You'd think your in charge Mr Pretendknowitall.

• Like Like x 2
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up and my new name. A bit early for talking about the next next TSW before the next TSW is released though. It’s bound to cause a little confusion.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I think the most important thing is not "the number change of the title"!
    The most important "optimization", "longer route", "different country".

13. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Pretty early to be talking about that. BML, NEC and the Dresden route haven’t even got a fixed release date and aren’t close to finishing

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If DTG Makes TSW 3 Optimized for Xbox Series X/S and PS5 new routes should be the following including a Trans Border route
    United Kingdom Calder Valley Line Leeds to Manchester Victoria via Halifax Bradford
    Germany Netherlands Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Railway
    United States NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line
    If 4 routes are base game then
    France to Spain LGV CLR Catalonia Languedoc-Roussillon Perpignan-Barcelona. The last one should be a combination of high-speed game play LGV Méditerranée with 1hr 30 duration of Sand Patch Grade.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  15. trainsimplayer

1) Have you looked at a roadmap recently? TSW2 is being Optimised for Series S/X & PS5.

2) I really think you, along with trainsimgaming1001 need to slow down. We haven't gotten the main release of this year (Remaining TSW2), and we are over a year away from whatever 2022 will bring.

3) On the topic of slowing down, 5 routes are Core are never gonna happen. 3 max with maybe one in a deluxe package. That is how it's always been.

4) TSW3 ain't going to happen for quite a long time. The reason we got Number 2 was because there was need for an Unreal Engine upgrade, something TSW2 isn't in much need of.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Let’s hope they don’t release TSW 3, 4, etc. We don’t want a repeat of what happened with the preserved collection and missing features, and also the fact that you have to pay $30 again just to play your routes in the new version and to buy new routes in the future. One thing we will likely see in late 2021 or early 2022 is a steam train update, perhaps like rush hour it will be a pack with 3 routes, one from each country.

• Like Like x 3
  17. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

If you guessed it correctly, the theme for next year will be "steam locomotives"。

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  18. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Have you not heard of Spirit of Steam?

19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Firstly, there IS no 2022 version, I think DTG are moving away from annual renaming and simply updating the core software, so you'll be looking at revision numbers rather than name changes
    Second, we know SOME of what's coming in the annual revision including the update to UE4.26, optimisation, better profiling for hardware etc. Those are separate to the DLC bundle "Rush Hour" which will be released at the same time, but you will get those benefits whether you buy rush hour or not.
    This is where the current roadmap format gets confusing, because they're mixed up the core update, the rush hour pack and other developments so nobody knows whats coming with what pack when...

• ® [Core] Train Sim World 2 summer update
    • ® [Core] Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour
    • ® [Core] Gradient profile pause screen
    • ® [Core] Immersion controls 2.0
    • ® [Core] TrackIR support
    • ® [Core] Unreal Engine 4.26 upgrade
    • ★® [Core] PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X release
    All of the above are marked as "rush hour" when really there should be one or two more marks
    • © [Core] Train Sim World 2 summer update
    • ® [Core] Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour
    • © [Core] Gradient profile pause screen
    • © [Core] Immersion controls 2.0
    • © [Core] TrackIR support
    • © [Core] Unreal Engine 4.26 upgrade
    • ★© [Core] PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X release
    The above shows that you get almost everything as part of the core update, with the only things marked as ® being the PAID FOR content that comes with the Rush Hour pack

20. trainsimgaming1001

I personally think that the 2022 release is the Spirit of Steam Update. If they are bundling routes with it, likely its going to be like rush hour where you have Core Update then you have DLC Bundle

• Like Like x 1
  21. trainsimplayer

That goes fully against your previous post in this thread saying you though it would be another 3 routes...
    The 2021 release (Rush Hr. & Core update) aren't even out yet.
    Let's look forward to that :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Come on everyone , this topic is not at all important . RH will probably not be out for over another month , so we are definitely over 12 months away from the 2022 version . It’s way too early to speculate about that

• Like Like x 2
  23. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

ECML S, good suggestions!
    i would like to see other trains and not refused trains, so probably a other route too!
    i would like to see an NEC with Acela and AEM7!

• Like Like x 1
  24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Those are Legends of the NEC. If DTG wanted an International route to introduce a new country then LGV CLR Catalonia Languedoc-Roussillon Perpignan-Girona can fit and is a base route for TSW New Edition. Deluxe Edition features Hollandstrecke Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway