All Services

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jamy, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

anyone finished all services on a route. I must admit it was a bit of a slog
    Untitled.png

• Like Like x 13
  2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Did you enjoy it? I like the GWE even though we only got a third of the route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll call that an impressive achievement.

4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree, a splendid effort. I think it will take me years to approach that kind of accomplishment, playing at my plodding pace.

• Like Like x 3
  5. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

i'm torn between congratulating you and giving the advice to seek help :D

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I'm really thinking about getting the Diesel Legends Pack just for the RailDriver support in GWE. I try to resist

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I've only managed it on Tees Valley which I've done twice before TSW2 came out. Diesel Legends is catching up though, I'm over halfway through that. If only my class 31 wouldn't leap off the track when I couple it to the coaches I might be a bit further on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I've done this on several routes so far.

ECW and TVL ( tsw 2020 )

BKL, IOW, SKA, SEHS and almost RT ( new TT) I'm currently on driver level 902

• Like Like x 2
  9. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Nice work! I haven't fully completed a route yet because I play a different route each TSW session.

How long did it take you to complete the GWE timetable? :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

My goodness, may I ask what you do other than play TSW2 in an average day? :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. jasonpfc

I'm a full time home carer so i have to spend 98% of my time at home lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’ve often wondered if this is ever done. I can imagine most of us have at least 1500 services with many an hour or two. Only so much variety a route can give. Fair play to your patience.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

With RailDriver and mods to remove the overhead wires and other modern features, Diesel Legends is excellent. It’s unexpectedly become my favourite route (whereas I’m completely disinterested in GWE).

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. dhekelian

I actually love the GWE route but hugely disappointed we didn't get Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads at least. But I agree with you 100% that with RailDriver and those mods the Diesels pack is definitely one of the better ones.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SonicScott91

Question for anyone here really. When you play the services do you do journey mode ones or ignore journey and just do them all in service mode?

Interested to see how people approach services :)

16. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I ignore the Journey mode and do all the services in order of time starting with the earliest (must be the OCD in me) although saying that with the Cathcart route I decided to resist the temptation and do journey mode.

17. SonicScott91

Yeah, I like to avoid journey mode and play through service mode too. I usually pick a service, play it and if it has another service following it, choose return to free roam to continue driving in the same train. I find Journey mode a little inconsistent, it's a shame items don't tick off if you complete them from the "Explore" menu.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I tried journeys once when it first came out thinking it was a completely different set of services. When I found it it was nothing more than a random selection from the timetable and each journey was unconnected to the next I didn't bother with it again. I'd rather pick a service from the timetable and set the weather as close as I can get to what I can see outside. I like to do services which naturally follow on from one another like the empty 101 from Thornaby depot which you can turn round at Darlington and become the Middlesbrough service.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SonicScott91

I did all of the journey chapters on the core TSW2 routes for the achievements on my old laptop and then started over on my new laptop and haven't bothered touching journey mode at all. I do exactly the same thing with the weather! Quick look out the window and then try and match what's going on outside. It's great with self-contained routes like WSR, ECW, BKL and CCL because you can play for hours in the same train :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

How many hours roughly do you all spend in a single session doing services? With or without periodic breaks?

21. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

a minimum of 2 services per sesion (1 from differeing routes) more if the services are short

• Like Like x 1
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Sometimes I’m done and dusted in 40 minutes but other times, like with a lot of things on Clinchfield, I can be playing for three hours or more. The other day I did two separate four hour sessions just on Clinchfield, last night I gave up halfway through a run on NTP because I was too tired to play. I did an impressive emergency stop at the platform after waking up from a micro nap approaching Huddersfield.

I used to do the Journey in order when I first got TSW2020 but now I tend to mix things up and only do something from the Journey list if I can’t decide what I want or would like random weather. That’s been backfiring on me with Arosalinie as I was going through the chapters on that route for a change but the weather is set exactly the same on all services so far, which is a disappointment. One thing I do now is leave scenarios until I have done a few services from timetable mode as sometimes the scenarios have unusual movements in them and I like to get a general feel for normal operations first to get used to a new train or learn the route a little before doing something unusual. Journey mode can have the scenarios too early in the list for me in lot of cases.

There is only WSR where I have completed all the timetable services but I have completed a lot of Journey mode lists elsewhere, especially in TSW2020 routes. I was getting close to all the services in GWE before the switchover to TSW2 and as that route is fully playable in TSW2 I don’t go back to TSW2020 for that one. I have too much content now for me to envisage completing all services in any route. Cane Creek looks like it will be easily completed though, if I can stay awake.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I ignore journey mode. I play those services that I like, and skip any that I don't like. For example I usually skip any services that are extremely short, like the loco runaround on WSR, bringing a train into or out of service by driving just between the depot and the next station, or those banking services on MSB.

I might try to do them in order of time of day, although it really depends what I want to do. During winter time, when it's dark outside, I can enjoy winter runs in TSW better, than I can during summer when the bright sunlight outside blinds me and makes any night-time train ride visually impossible. So I might skip the very early and very late services on the daily timetable and do those during wintertime (usually both IRL wintertime and ingame wintertime).

And then there's services I simply enjoy more than others, thus I may play them more frequently even though I've already completed them. Good example of this is the Baby Bullet services on Peninsula Corridor, which I really enjoy even though there's only a few of them in the daily timetable, while any stopping services on Peninsula Corridor last a tad too long in my opinion (and I personally think the route scenery isn't interesting enough to go at low speeds).

• Like Like x 2
  24. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

Journey mode can sometimes feel a it repetitive on certain routes. Like SEHS had all Javelin services grouped and it was just back and forth.

• Like Like x 1
  25. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I just wish the service modes would register as complete on service mode if I’ve done on journey and vice versa. TrainSim-Matt DTG Jamie is this possible?

• Like Like x 2
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I like that it doesn’t register a tick on Journey if I complete the service in timetable. It shows that I haven’t done the ‘journey version’ of that service yet. Keeping it the same as it is now would be fine by me, as long as all the descriptions of the services and scenarios come up in journey mode just to give me a clue about what I’m about to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  27. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Speaking of Journey mode, normally I do each service only once but sometimes it gets weird that you have to do the same service twice, or even three times in Journey mode. Even when there are tons of other similar services available, the same ones are listed in the Journey.

One example is the #1910 Penn - Belmont Park service in LIRR. It appeared twice in the "main" Journey and once more in the M3 Journey. Maybe the weather is different but it still feels odd.

28. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Usually I play the Journey Mode first. I use it to get to get used to the route and learn it. After I finished jouney mode I have the feeling of "I'm totally confident and know what I'm doing" when playing a service. I can decide better and easier "what I want" then, regarding service (part of the route and time of the day), train and weather condition. Oh, and I have played all the scenarios (* edit: that are not bugged) by then ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  29. jasonpfc

I generally do journey mode first, then fill in the gaps afterwards.

In regards to play length, that all depends on the day, sometime 2 hours, sometimes as much as 5-6 hours a day

• Like Like x 1
  30. SonicScott91

My session times vary depending on what mood I'm in after finishing work. Sometimes I only have the mental capacity to do one or two services whereas other times I could spend the rest of my afternoon/evening playing. Sunday is usually my most active day on TSW, two four hour sessions with a break to go for a walk and have food inbetween :)

31. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

We don't fill in the journey of a service mode when you complete it outside of journey because the journey specifies weather and other things - so a tick in service mode generically doesn't mean you have done the exact task in the journey.

• Helpful Helpful x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  32. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

I just do the journey mode and play timetables until I get all achivements for the route. Timetable runs do repeat itself over the day if it's a passenger route so they get boring fast.

• Like Like x 3
  33. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

oh ok..

34. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

I am curious to se how much time you spent on TSW... Do you use mods for GWE to make the route better?

35. dhekelian

I couldn't play the Diesels pack without the mods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. jasonpfc

Just to update it, 1000 levels now
    20210716_230106.png

• Like Like x 6
  37. SonicScott91

Now that is what you call dedication! Nicely done :D

• Like Like x 1
  38. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I'm kind of impressed with that. I'm never likely to achieve that, I'm a route junkie so I often buy new ones so the old ones generally get all the scenarios finished and likely a bunch of service runs but never have I finished them all.

Paul

39. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

I have done with the Canadian trainset, however I still can not get all the achievment,after doing all the Journey, Scenario, and the rest of the un-imaginative and boring stuff, I am still stuckat 18 out of 21 for the trainset qualification

40. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Wow! That's impressive.

I'm getting close to completing every service on LGV and I wouldn't be too far off in SKA if it wasn't for the S-Bahn layer :D

There are some of routes where I reached the 100 mark (only SEHS and HRR), and I'm sure I'll get back to RSN and RRO when TSG releases his locos :) I'm interested in the 187 as well if it turns out to be good.

I usually just skip Journey mode, I love the extra challenge because of the weather but I'd much rather have the freedom of doing whatever I feel like doing, and I can set bad weather by myself as well. Although I enjoyed Journey mode on LGV, I think I'll do Journey on CRR as well.

Me too, but I like to jump on every opportunity to go back to an old route, sometimes it's a new loco DLC for a old route, but mostly is to "switch" countries (usually I only play a DLC - or a small group of DLCs from the same country for weeks (or months) until I get bored and then change country or take a small brake for the game, to make sure my route knowdlege is good enough and I'm well used to the safety systems and quirks of each system), usually I spend the few weeks before the release of a DLC I'm waiting for by playing old routes from the same county.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  41. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I do go back to the old routes and play them and jump around as I feel like it. I often do things just for fun too, when my stream ran under time for my planned content today I ran Amtrak in Japan on TS2021 simply because I could. So much stuff to play, so little time :).

The thinking of playing old routes from the same country is an interesting one. Good idea.

Paul

• Like Like x 2
  42. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Holy moly good effort

43. dhekelian

Now we need to know who has used it the least for the longest time. I might be a candidate for that one, :love:.