Rivet Games Has Been Involved In The Cathcart Circle Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by erg73, Jun 18, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Aren't those people Group 3?

• Like Like x 1
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Because of their work in CCL my opinion about Rivet and UK content changed - I bought IOW in the sale and hey, it was a nice Sunday morning. It can't become more boring than some US freight after couple of runs ;-)

• Like Like x 7
  3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

But Skyhook showed what TSW is capable of. But it took much time. I think they developed their route for round about one year. [Of course Skyhook is a smaller team than DTG and RvG, so naturally they need more time]. TSW and UE4 have the capability to impress. But the amount of time to develop such a quality is insane and probably not feasible for Rivet and DTG. It's a balance between development time (cost) and how many times they can sell a product for a given price.

Yeah Rivet could and should do better, I own the Arosaline and I am impressed with the loco itself but disappointed with scenery and sounds of the coaches. I'll be cautious before I buy the next TSW product from Rivet. But GCC is woderfully done. I really have new hope for Rivet DLCs - please don't disappoint again, Rivet.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Lol. I know that feeling. I am umming and erring about buying Cane Creek. I love the look, but an hour of 25mph... lots of it in a tunnel and a narrow canyon? Barf. I kind of think if I drive the slow bits at 50mph it would be ok :).

Just as a side note if you put the CRR F7 and a caboose on IoW and run it from the pier in notch 8 it hits the buffers at the other end at just over 100mph. Now that made IoW interesting, I've never seen an F7 fly :).

Paul

• Like Like x 3