Train Sim World 2: Wonderful 101!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I would not have the time i need to for this old lady to get good. Especially a 103 is really hard work as it is very unique in what it does.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

540D1354-BC8B-49A8-88BC-E79A19481CD1.jpeg The best way to reckoning this Loco is the DB Museum In Koblenz probably.
    Thats the Cockpit for the 103

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Exactly. DB101 (and DB182 MRCE) services are the main reason to buy the Hamburg-Lubeck route.

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Super Loc! Enjoy it very much! Sounds amazing feels like a heavy loc. Thankyou for this great addition to the collection. (Hope it can be implemented on other German routes in timetable mode.)

• Like Like x 3
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

29C3CE62-6DE9-40A5-BDEB-B85FD395E4FE.jpeg ATTACH=full]54031[/ATTACH]I found the Missing Intercity Cab Car on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr in Wattenscheid DTG JD :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100%. A truly fantastic DLC release and.... (and you won't often hear me say this), well worth the money at full list price. I would go further - if you don't own TSW 2, then the DB BR 101 fully justifies buying both a copy of TSW 2 and a copy of HRR as well - it's that good.

The DB BR 101 is now the state of the art in Train Sim World. The physics and immersion are quite superb - there is a perfect combination and co-ordination of audio, contextual and visual cues to really give you the feeling that you are sitting on top of a very powerful machine, pulling a long rake of reasonably heavy coaches along metal rails, and, critically, feeling that you are in control of it, and um... (LOL...!), responsible for what happens next... ;-O

I briefly wondered if maybe some of the later freight locos/trains/routes could compete in terms of immersion, but they can't because you are pushed into following a timetable on HRR, and any mistakes or less than optimum driving is punished, making you have to learn to drive better, and learn the route along with the DB BR 101's dynamics. When this is coupled with safety systems all switched on, and the HUD switched off, then you really have a properly challenging (and fair*) railway simulation experience. This is made even better by the way the control desk is represented*, with lovely clear and informative power/speed gauges. And on top of all that, you have a choice on how you want to drive it, with AFB, etc.

Hopefully the DB BR 101 will be released (for free) onto the other German routes with substitution services, maybe even with the Dostos (even if such operations are not prototypical...?) - I'd love to know what else this loco can really do.

The DB BR 155 is still my favourite in terms of pure visual lighting feast, but now the best two trains to drive (in my opinion) both have "BR" and "101" in their names.... ;-)

(*NB: Any niggles with lights on PS4 still need to be rectified, to enable this product to be fully enjoyed)

• Like Like x 6
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Exactly. 2021 bundle should be thematic in my opinion. One for freight lovers, one for the passenger services (Rush Hours?).
    That second pack should be evidently HHR & MSB (layers) & 101. The HHR from the inside of 101 is just insane!

8. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Is it me, but I can't see the front lights of the locomotive on, other than in red.
    Even when operating the switch.

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Check on the wall behind, Jeannot41. There is a light control switch :)

I hope it is not the one mentioned :)

10. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks i will watch :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Instead of Hamburg-Lubeck they could have entered Hamburg-Hanover (Hamburg-Luneburg-Celle-Hanover). One of the most important sections where you can run, in addition to ICE1 and ICE2, almost all the rolling stock released to date for TSW/TSW2. It deals with both passengers and freight. With LZB. What else to ask?

(Purchased a week ago for TS2021 at 9.99 € :D)

• Like Like x 4
  12. synthetic.angel

I am not sure exactly what you are saying here, but I think I probably disagree (?) on creating distinct passenger/freight packages for the 2021 annual release... This is an area that DTG consistently gets absolutely perfectly right (in my opinion) - they have so far provided a very well curated mix of passenger and freight, mix of territories, and mix of traction (with steam coming soon...?), in TSW and TSW 2.

I don't know what "Rush Hour" will be, although I suspect this is just a communitying* term to attach to some new traffic-heavy routes. Maybe they have developed some tech that allows them to dynamically portal in more AI traffic without burning memory? Dunno. I absolutely hope that this is not just some sort of paid-for layer/timetable based product, I think that would be a serious mis-step (like the Class 52 Diesel Legends Livery pack....?).

Anyway - I suspect that we will see the DB BR 101 appear again in another guise soon, perhaps in the form of an NJT ALP-46, with some Comet cars.... ? Or perhaps we will first see NEC resurrected (I mean "rebuilt from the ground up") Just a guess. ;-)

Anyway..... moving back to topic (the DB BR 101),.... I have been tinkering, and I was slightly disappointed to see the PZB modes M and U were not programmed in**. You can select them, but they follow the PZB mode O program. So I guess that we will never see the DB BR 101 hauling any freight, which is a shame because it would have been fun (even if not prototypical), at least, maybe, in the Scenario Planner....? But this is a minor issue - the real killer issue is the broken 2x8 PZB light cluster on PS4...... I do hope that this gets fixed (along with a robustly re-worked Introduction module).

*AKA: "marketing"

--------
    **EDITED (FOR CORRECTION): PZB modes U and M do work on the DB BR 101, but you have to remember to switch the PZB isolation switch first, to reset the program.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, viewed across the game offerings as a whole, or viewed through the narrow lens of UK content. To date there is not one single German mainline diesel, nor any US mainline electric.

• Like Like x 1
  14. synthetic.angel

We haven't seen all UK traction types either (no 25kV locos, for example). Although we've seen a few Class 66s....., and I am sure there will be more variants of them coming soon..... ;-)

We certainly haven't seen all types of traction as represented in all countries - that might take decades.... but I do think that DTG have (broadly speaking) made the right choices so far. I am fairly sure that a mainline German diesel will appear within the next couple of years. Perhaps even a German Diesel Legend..... and, um... it might look a bit like a Class 66....! ;-p

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

We did have the ACS-64

16. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

It's about TSW2 for gods sake... We don't have NEC here as it was abandoned!

17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Take it easy. He simply said that we did have that loco. Anyway, plenty of us still play NEC.

• Like Like x 1
  18. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I have a (noob) question regarding the BR 101. As it "belongs" to Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, which is part of the Preserved Collection, will the BR 101 have immersion control on PS4 or not? I am a bit confused. Thanks in advance for your help!

19. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It does feature immersion controls.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Only Scenarios older than TSW2 don’t support the new control scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  21. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Understood. So, when I buy HRR and the BR 101, the BR 422 and BR 425 will only have the "classic" control but the BR 101 will have immersion, regardless where I use it?

22. Nielsen

They will all support the new control scheme. Like I said, only older scenarios (preserved Tutorials and Scenario mode) still rely on the old control scheme because they are scripted. Elsewhere like Timetable mode the new control scheme can be used with any train and route no matter how old.

When starting a tutorial or scenario, the game will automatically switch to the old control scheme for preserved content. Timetable mode will by default always use the new control scheme. No action required by the player in between.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  23. solicitr

Question about livery:

Since as far as I can tell 101s are used exclusively on IC services, why haven't they been painted white like the 146s that pull the IC2s? AFAICT, the 101s are all red (except for special liveries, of course)

24. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

A BR101 is handled as a single loco and they are traffic-red nowadays . The IC2 BR146.5 is not handled as a single loco when on that train. The whole train is handled like a ICE (it is like a EMU). That's why they pinted in IC liveries. And for some marketing reasons of course (IC2 brand).

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  25. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

Really?
    When the 101 (new loco) was added on HRR (old route coming from TSW2020) with new layers... then DTG could add layers on RRO and other routes too

26. solicitr

Nope. No 101 on RRO or any other route except for HRR, and the (later release) Hamburg-Lubeck.

27. solicitr

So where can the 101 go fast? There is no track in either HRR or HBK over 160 km/h; one might as well be driving a 146.

28. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

IN GAME:
    • Should be: Hauptstreke Munich - Augsburg
    • Upcoming: Bahnstreke Riesa - Dresden
    REALITY
    • Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover - Wurzburg IC26
    • Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover - Berlin IC77
    • Schnellfahrstrecke Berlin - Hamburg IC27
    • Koln - Duisburg IC32, 55, 30, 34
    • Dortmund - Hannover IC32, 55, 30, 34
    • Dortmund - Kasel IC50
    • Munich - Augsburg IC60, 28
    • Riesa - Dresden IC55

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  29. solicitr

If I were to create a custom scenario to run the 101 on SKA or HMA, would the LZB be functional?

30. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

Yes, it'll just run at 200kmh as that is the AFB limit. You can see how it functions as it was demonstrated in the preview stream at around 56:20 onwards

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. solicitr

Hmmmm. Next project- learn how to use Scenario Editor and work around its limitations like Livery Designer's. Ideally, one IC 28 or 60 run with the contemporary timetabled AI traffic.

32. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  33. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

34. box215

box215 Active Member

This is 100% not true
    You can use whatever control scheme you like on any route at any time, preserved collection or not. You also freely switch between them when youre driving
    If you want to use immersion contorls on a preserved collection scenario, you just have to make sure your control scheme is set to classic in the settings before you launch the scenario
    You can then change the controls back to immersion in the settings once youre in the driver's seat

35. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I agree the 101 is brilliant but not the 101 you are referring to. It's the BR. class 101 preferably in all Blue livery (mod) and using the RailDriver.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Nielsen

Ok, thanks for sharing these insights. Not everything I said was wrong though, so maybe 50% not true. :)