Timetable To Suite The Day/time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ian1991, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Again this is something that should have been noticed in development? A train service on a weekday is different to weekends.

The amount of passengers is also different at say 1pm on a weekday to a weekend? Rush hour is peak in weekdays where as weekends tend to have more services on a saturday that are always busy and sundays have fewer services which are considerably busy due to less services.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You seem to have a passenger number fixation... LOL
    Admittedly it should be easy enough to write an algorithm based on data from actual statistics to reflect daily use etc for standard days and times.
    Whether they do this of course is another point

So long as you don't expect that if you schedule a run from Waterloo on the first Saturday in June you're going to get more passengers due to the Epsom derby...

3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Each route comes with a single 24 hour timetable on an unspecified day of the week. Much like Groundhog Day, that day keeps repeating itself. An argument could be made for changing passenger numbers during the day but I expect the dev team have a lot they'd like to do with passengers and may do so once they have the time.

4. Ian1991

Its not a passenger number fixation but when theres 6 stations in the GWE route that I have not seen one passenger get on or off I find that to be plain stupid when its a line as busy as it is in real life.

5. ARuscoe

I would imagine that from a programming point of view they probably have "this is a platform, people get on and off here" rather than whether it's a busy peak station or not.

6. Ian1991

I dont do there coding so i dont know, my point is there is 6 stations on GWE where there is ZERO people present or onloading/offloading ALL the time? Not very realistic heading into london in a peak time and stopping at 6stations for no reason where nobody gets on or off or is even in the platforms.

7. ARuscoe

But you're going to make comment after comment on it... I'm agreeing with you, and trying to give constructive comment rather than 'well this don't work...'

• Like Like x 1