Dlc Free

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by porawit, Jun 23, 2021.

1. porawit

porawit Member

TS2021have dlc ฟรีและหาซื้อได้ที่ไหน?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It is actually TS21 and it's only available on PC and you purchase it through Steam.

Edit: There is freeware out there but you must be careful when downloading the freeware, make sure to read the readme file before installing. Because sometime freeware may require addons that will end up costing you money.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

tenor.gif

Let's be honest here, there's no "may" about it.. "Freeware" routes cost way more financially due to "requirements" than any paid standalone DLC route ever has or ever will.

• Like Like x 6
  4. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Unless there's the rare, and I mean rare example of a freeware route having its own assets bundled in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

The Spanish Madrid-Valencia requires has its own assets and it only require US and Euro loco and assets pack, but that is strange on a freeware route

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

But to a new TS player they would need to be purchased (or a route with them bundled but good luck a new player knowing what routes they come bundled with) either way money will have to be spent in Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yes but it would be cheaper than a route at today's price. Anyway most of freeware routes have lots of requirements, you're right

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I used to be a wealthy man with a nice house. Then a friend introduced me to Train Simulator. It seemed like such an innocent computer game. No violence.. no blood and guts... No fighting or overtly sexual content. I even thought it would be a great way for kids to learn about railways, and get used to using a PC instead of a game console. I am now poor, destitute and living in a small caravan. I generate electricity to run my PC by capturing stray dogs and tying them to a tread mill. TS did this to me. Don't be fooled. You think crack cocaine, or even tobacco are evil drugs? Nah... TS is far worse. It's a smiling assassin of a drug.

Just say no kids.

• Like Like x 12
  9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

True dat..
    yall-got-any-more-of-that-ts20xx-dlc.jpg

I'm roughly around 92 pence per hour of entertainment at my current 927hrs, which all things considered isn't that bad, I still have more to spend on stuff that already exists let alone whatever takes my fancy in future developments, I'm a lot more patient than I used to be and know exactly what tickles my bits content wise so I'm a lot more frugal with my purchases now, if I can keep it roughly to around a £1 per hr of entertainment ( plus cursing, frustration, and oh **** I didn't save before the editor OOM'd) then it's perfectly justified to me.

I also haven't included the price of my RailDriver that I had for my birthday off Wifey.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Or it uses the European Loco and Asset Pack.

11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Which a new to the sim player would have to purchase separately.

12. Cyclone

Not necessarily. Many routes include it for free because it's utilized. If you're going to look at buying it by itself, might as well buy, for instance, East Coast Main Line, or Bristol to Exeter, or somesuch. Though in the Bristol to Exeter case, it's mainly for scenery and scenario compatibility nowadays since that section is part of the new SWE to Reading, a version not on Steam and only on Just Trains at present (the old one is still on Steam).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

And how do you get one of the many routes? Oh you buy it.. Are you seeing the point yet or not?

14. Cyclone

The point is they probably already have it incidentally just by buying something that looks interesting, and thus they already have it. It's literally the most spread piece of paid DLC in that most people wind up getting it for free (using that analogy because it's availabvle as a separate paid item, hence "free" with a route). Yes, you have to pay for something else to get it, but you can see where I'm going here; most already have it incidentally.

15. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yes cyclone I can see where you're going, in your endeavour to be always right (as per usual) you are failing to see the critical point in my original and all following posts.

16. NEC Railfan

I think I get the idea, it's not whether it's bundled with another route, but simply that for a new player, money must be spent, either on one of the Classic routes, (which is recommended), or the separate "add-on."

17. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

If I don't remember wrong, some classic routes also include the base sim (which you need to buy in first place anyway) so maybe the cheaper way to go for a new player is just buying one of those. There's nothing for free here because you need at least to buy the sim.

18. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Agreed, a third party steam key trader selling one of the various bundles is no doubt the easiest and cheapest way to start (and continue building) your TS collection.

19. Cyclone

Please don't try to suggest something so cynical. The point is not to be always right, but to fully inform about a situation. I perfectly understand your point, it's just a different point of view.

20. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Not entirely true. As you collect freeware routes you will find that they use a lot of the same payware requirements. After a while you usually have enough for most freeware routes. Most of these freeware route are much better than the cookie cutter, reheated hash that comes as payware. Case in point Workshop New York Division Bergan Line. Uses 3 basic payware and tons of freeware and freeware reskins available at Railworks America. This will keep you busy for months.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Cyclone

I've seen video on the Bergen Line. That guy is completely going to town on that route. Constructing his own houses and vehicles and factories and such using cookie-cutter models. Quite amazing, really.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Another who misses points apparently, even to the point of agreeing with me in their argument..
    And quality of content isn't even brought up in this discussion so we'll leave that tangent well alone.

23. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

Tough crowd...

Is it entirely possible that the routes provided with TS (they vary each year) have the assets bundled with them... or would the developer ensure that never happens, thus forgoing the inclusion of any route which does have the assets bundled with it?

24. Cyclone

Each route comes with two main files. The first is the assets AP file, and the other is the route AP file that includes scenarios and such, located in the content folder. The route itself is in the content folder. The assets can be installed and the route removed completely and thus you have just the assets to use on your own projects. Of course Steam would restore the content section if you verify files or uninstall and reinstall the route, but I'm discussing the technical aspect of how it works.

25. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Yes I do agree with you with this added content requirement, but my point is that it is not necessarily a bad thing.You collect hundreds of more assets to build with.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I might get TS on my laptop , is a MacBook compatible with steam ?

27. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Are you using an Intel-based MacBook or one of the newer M1-based ones?

28. NEC Railfan

Well just to answer the question, TS is windows-only, though apparently there have been some attempts to change that by the community.

29. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

TS runs perfectly well using Basecamp Windows partitipn on an intel mac (especially if it has a discrete GPU), and very well (with a couple of caveats) on an M1 mac using Codeweavers Crossover. I started on the former, and now run TS on the latter.

30. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Intel based
    It’s about 10 years old I think , not sure if it will run any TS routes

31. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Oh, yeah. You’d probably have a hard time with any ten year old laptop, mac or pc!

32. Pookeyhead

Ahem.... 10 year old PC here, 35fps with everything on max, RWEnhancer Pro and a butt load of DX shaders at 2650x1400. Ok.. the GPU is 6 years old... but still. Not all PCs are equal.

33. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

You are of course right, Pookey, it’s totally possible that a ten year old computer can run TS, depending on it’s original spec and perhaps if it’s been upgraded as yours has. But I did specify laptops, and I stand by my statement - laptops as a general rule are very different from desktops, and unless a laptop is designed with the performance demands of gaming or workstation-like use cases in mind, its likely that the overriding demands of battery life, heat dispersion, size and weight took preceedence, which generaly sacrifice performance.

And, it’s *extremely* unusual for a laptop to have an upgrade path for the GPU setup - a ten-year old laptop wouldn’t have access to Thunderbolt 3 for example, excluding it from any decent eGPU upgrade (the 2011 vintage macbook pros had the original Thunderbolt connectors running at 10gbps, a quarter of that the current standard offers), and specifically, a MBP of this vintage would be reliant on either 10 year old integrated graphics, or a 10 year old mobile GPU option (the 2011 MBP 13” has Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics, the 15” had AMD Radeon HD 6490M or HD 6750M). Neither is going to run TS acceptably.

There’s always exceptions. Generally speaking, I think most people here would be fairly ok with the statement of “Integrated graphics aren’t good enough to run TS” as that covers what most integrated graphics chipsets can cope with, without giving the false hope of caveats. Yet my Mac M1’s integrated graphics runs TS at 1440p happily, despite running through two compatibility layers (converting Windows API calls to Mac, and then converting Intel code to Apple Silicon, on the fly). But that’s an exception to the rule that doesn’t negate the original statement. I mean, strictly speaking it *does* negate it, but in the nuanced complex world of social interaction, it doesn’t ;)

/gaelic shrugs :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2021
  34. Pookeyhead

I see.. yes, you wrote laptops... COMMA Mac or PC... meaning a mac or PC laptop... I thought you were listing three separate items. Apologies.

35. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The best kind, da iawn.

36. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Nothing to apologise for!

37. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Wrth gwrs! Mae rhaid i fi codi'r safon yma ;)

38. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Haha indeed..
    3bf66ee5214cbd361855f0c79c1d7d8611-leo-toast-9.h473.w710.gif