Raildriver Key Labels Updated To Include Haupstrecke Hamburg Lubeck

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, May 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I've updated for this route and included the following locomotives
    DB BR112
    766.2 DBpbzfa DB
    DB BR182 MRCE

Note that since this file is getting quite big now I have also reorganised by country and added a table of contents to make them easier to find. Usual link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y4FuN6yC6Z1UNtCZMLaDPcDDDZTP-Ua7/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any feedback especially if you think something is wrong or missing.

Paul

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. paul.pavlinovich

TrainSim-Matt the keys are inconsistent across routes which is one thing, but all three locomotives in HHL are inconsistent. Could we please either get the user configurable keys soon or at least get them consistent at least across a route? Changing the labels all the time is a PITA. When they're not even consistent across a route it makes playing journeys more difficult because you have to wait and see what loco it is then change the labels. This is breaking the immersion.

Paul

• Like Like x 4
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

The state of the Raildriver beta is ludicrous since there is a total lack of consistency. I usually try and always be the glass is half full type of guy, but in this case, I feel the effort is more of the half empty type. What is the point of having NO consistency in the assignment of controls. To be blunt, a very poor showing by the developers. To be honest, I revert back to the keyboard since the implementation is so poor across the different routes and locomotives.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Paul,
    thank you for the hours of work you put into that beautiful document. I'm, thinking about printing the new labels out (the entire page) and just lay it down on the table instead of cutting it out and putting it in. It's easier than developing a scheme for tagging the cut-outs on the backside to save paper and re-use/change frequently. I already noticed the little plastic nudges on the cover plate are already becoming "more flexible" so I dn't know how many tries are left ;-)

And yeah, you are absolutely right with the inconsistency. It's something that bugs me, too because I really thought I could use like 2-3 different schemes that are somehow easy to remember. And there are "traps" like the Bremsschlüssel in the DosTo, you can activate it but can't deactivate it with the same button. The horn is only mapped for pushing upwards ... or those 2-3 blank buttons that are not mapped to anything at all.

I don't want to rant now :D

It makes totally sense to use the three PZB buttons for the "three switches" (engine run, generator field, and ...fuel pump?) in an GP-38/SD-40 for example ... I hope that someday the situation gets better when it's possible to map that manually.

• Like Like x 1
  5. paul.pavlinovich

You're welcome hyperlord I appreciate the thanks. Lately I've been folding them and keeping them in front of the Raildriver. I don't think I've opened that cover as much as I have since I got it in the early 2000's through to when it became supported in TSW2. I'm thinking about changing the spacing and adding fold lines to make it easier to fold them neatly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Fold lines would be a great addition. That’s exactly how I use your templates, folded under the front of the Raildriver.

Thanks for your efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  7. paul.pavlinovich

I have my RD sitting on a little platform so anywhere from 4cm to 6cm is going to work for me for spacing, before I do that, what sort of spacing would work for you?

Should I put them in alphabetical order? Currently they're in release order by country and I try to keep the route locomotives grouped together. That is a bit nonsensical but it means the newest ones are always at the end of the country. so its been good for printing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

For me, 2-3 centimetres above each one, just enough so the weight of the Raildriver keeps it in place.

The current country order works well for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

As ever, thanks for doing this for the TSW2/RD community :)

One suggestion I might make is to have a page break after the contents. Then people can choose whether to print out the contents pages or not (for me, I won't).

Just a small tweak needed on the 766.2. Where you've got Master Switch it should be Brake Key, and where you've got Brake Key should be Brake Overcharge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I apologize for my rant in this forum over the state of the RailDriver implementation — I do appreciate the work you are doing n providing the templates for the mappings - they are really useful and a necessity for those of us that use the (or attempt to use) the Raildriver. Thanks for your efforts

• Like Like x 2
  11. paul.pavlinovich

raretrack good pick up on my mistake - thank you :) I have fixed the 766.2 key mapping and have introduced the new page between Contents and the first keymap as requested.
    LeadCatcher rants are perfectly appropriate - I love the Raildriver and its works fairly well with TSW2 but its been in beta for a while now and it would be good for Dovetail to introduce some consistency across how they introduce new locomotives and to either give us our own control mapping or retrofit the previous fleet to consistent controls. I don't accept it cannot be done - its done for the console controllers and other games including TS2021, Run8, WoS, Trainz, etc. manage it just fine.
    Tigert1966 I have not put in the separation or fold lines, yet, I love the idea. I'm trying to see if there is a way to make separation collapsible so people who want to conserve paper can while people who want it foldable can also have that.

I'll be driving HHL on my stream tomorrow with RD to show people what the locos are like if anyone wants to join in. Details on my channel https://www.youtube.com/c/trainsimulatordriver

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, let me join in the chorus. Thanks, once again, Paul, for your templates. We all have our favorite way of using them, I cut them into strips and lay them on the "ledge" at the top of the RD. Either way, they have become indispensable.

• Like Like x 1
  13. paul.pavlinovich

I've thought about putting a clear styrene or acetate sheet on that ledge open at the top to drop the strips into... Maybe I should get off my proverbial and give that a try and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Active Member

LGV is missing

15. paul.pavlinovich

It is one of the few DLC I do not have Yorkshirelad if you give me the keys I would be happy to add.

Paul

16. hyperlord

I didn't notice it because I played LGV like three times - don't know why and I should change that soon. Expect the keys soon, I'll have time for noting them down tomorrow

17. hyperlord

Sorry for taking much longer than thought but I was cought in SEHS (my newest addition) to solve the riddle, why I always end up 5 minutes late with the Javelin ...

Anyway, quick and dirty as usual, the LGV raildriver button labels (translated freely from German): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EWSfvKesekdQHrJ9rjWWasuy7Z7FYKlT/view?usp=sharing

18. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Active Member

Thank you

• Like Like x 1