Rt- Worth It On Sale?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Jun 25, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

After Adam's overhaul, I mean. RT had never attracted me in the past, as a commuter-only route. In its new form with layers and substitutions is it worth the sale price, or should I just buy the 101 instead?

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I would only buy RT in one case - I would already have all the other German DLCs. 101 - no hesitation.
    PS 101 + HRR is now a must-have in my opinion

EDIT I have all the German DLCs - if I had to throw one into the trash - it would be RT or 204 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If you're also prepared to get the 182 DLC, then yes if you like commuter routes. If not, I'd probably go for something else.

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

Think I'll pass, then. Commuter isn't really my thing (Cathcart is an exception thanks to the overall excellence of the route and train)

5. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It has some annoying bugs that I don't think are going to be fixed anytime soon (if ever). Wheel slip with bad weather inside the Leipzig tunnel is ridiculous, so expect not to use "rain" or "snow" weather profiles much. There are some PZB problems near the south end of the line, and the lighting in the route is not that great (everything looks too bright in sunny conditions). On the positive side the lights of the 1442 do make a difference in this route, specially inside the tunnel.

If none of the above bothers you it is an OK route, specially with a 65% discount. TBH, I find myself wanting to play other german DLC that I have instead of this one, and looking to the future I think the Dresden route in RH will supersede this DLC in every aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I only have that route because it was bundled with TSW, it and NEC never really appealed to me before grabbing them, and playing them didn't change my mind. I don't hate RT mind you, the route's decent, but it gets really boring really fast due to the lack of variety. The patch did fix the service variety but you're still stuck with the single Talent 2. You could buy the 182 for it as well, but at that point the price of it on top of RT I would think would ne rivalling other German routes. I only really have Rapid Transit & Main Spessart Bahn, but based on what others have said and what I've looked into with other routes I would consider pretty much any of the other German routes first.

7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

With 65% discount it is not bad but only if you have the 182 and/or the other additional services (for push-pull duties). Personally I would focus more on the 101 even if RT with all the layers is very playable and also long to travel.

8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Even with the BR182 it is my least favourite route.

9. box215

box215 Active Member

The 182 is my fav loco
    Until Hamburg-Lubeck, RT this was the only option for using the 182 in a passenger formation
    But you said you dont care for passenger, so probably best to skip it. Even on sale
    I'd still recommend it though as more routes = more variety (IMO)

10. solicitr

Oh, I like passenger just fine, I simply don't care for commuter. There's a difference between stopping every 10 miles and stopping every 500 yards

• Like Like x 1
  11. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, RT contains both, the Leipzig City Tunnel is more like stopping at every street lantern, 500 to 700m, with PZB turned on and another train just in front of you, it will be a PZB-acrobatics challenge, that can be sometimes a bit annoying, even it's the route with the most PZB-action.

The northern part, Leipzig-Nord to Dessau is more like stopping every 5 to 7 km, somehow more 'relaxing' than the tunnel section. After Adam's team done a lot minor and major changes, I really tend to like it. Moving cars on the streets nearby, no 'phosphorgreen' catenary masts, even the small changes hat a lot impact on the route.

• Like Like x 2
  12. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Go for the 101!

13. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I've now bought the 101, and I'm actually really liking it, which I didn't think I would. Would be better if it were on a more regional route, though. There is Hamburg but I don't have it and it's only 2 services.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

The two 101 services on HHL are excellent! There are also a number of 101 Scenarios at TSC, such as these excellent runs by Monder:
    https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/...cke-koln-aachen/i942-br-101-ic-aachen-to-koln

https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/...ptstrecke-munchen/i944-101-mini-to-the-sunset

15. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

Both tempting, but what I really want is to run a genuine IC service, not an ICE sub

17. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, the BR 101 and HRR is a different paar of shoes, even though HRR is offen accused as bring a 'flat' german route, it's a very wavy route, on some sections, you will go up a 1.x gradient for some hundert metres and then going down on 1.x graviert. Maybe you won't remark it in a light S-Bahn-train, like the BR 422, but with a heavy 500-tons IC, this becomes more in sight. With all the layers HRR is a very busy route, so you won't have all runs with all green signals. I somehow think, that with more and more routes coming out, there will be more and more routes, the BR 101 will be used regularly. And even in 'unrealistic' scenarios - like replacing the Baby Bullett on Peninsula Corridor -, it's a real joyride with the BR 101.

18. matinakbary

According to Matt, Dresden - Riesa will feature the 101 in timetable. And if you're on PC there are many user made scenarios available to download.

• Like Like x 1
  19. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, a genuine IC-service, actually there isn't a route for it right now in TSW2, unless someone will build a route like the 'Mitte-Deutschland-Verbindung' ((Kassel-)Altenbeken-Hamm with a timetable around 2006) for example. Right now, all routes (released or announced) are only A to B-runs with no intermediate stops (HRR is the only route right now in the game, where ICs are stopping more than at two stations).

20. matinakbary

Aren't there IC's going between Munich and Augsburg with a stop at Munich Pasing?

21. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

If you (also) refer to my link, the ICs replace the 8 and/or 16 coach ICEs (you can find everything written in the "readme.txt" file). You decide which trainset to replace: if the ICE from 8, if the one from 16 or if both.
    That said, some ICEs stop in Pasing, some don't. The ICs will behave in the same way as replacements.

22. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

OK, from some point of view, I guess on Riesa Dresden they will stop a Dresden HBF, Dresden-Neustadt and Riesa, but somehow this still won't feel as driving a long-distance-train (or a genuine IC-service), it feels more like they build S-Bahn Hamburg and you will be able to ride the BR 101 between Hamburg-Altona and Hamburg HBF with an intermediate stop at Hamburg-Dammtor...

23. matinakbary

You missunderstood me. I was talking about the reality. About the real timetable.

24. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member