Train Sim World 2: Raildriver Support

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 17, 2020.

1. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Is the RT Talent 2 now working?

2. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Nope...

3. hyperlord

I have tested the 112 with the new config and the loco gained +10 fun to drive. It's cool!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Indeed. And the PZB is less broken now too, with proper 500hz magnets in place. Also, the alerter button on the LIRR M3 was fixed as well, it now indeed triggers the alerter lever again. Still with an annoying delay, but hey at least it does something now.

5. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Started watching the CC release stream. Matt says thirty something minutes in in response to a RD question: "Raildriver should work. I haven't tested it myself, but it should be working". That, right there. That is the reason raildriver support it patchy, inconsistent and generally lackluster. Why aren't the producers testing routes with the raildriver? He has one, I've seen it. As I've said before - if they would designate, say, one stream out of four to be driven with the raildriver before every release, most of the problems we're having would have been caught and fixed. No one in DTG is playing with it. It seems like someone working on the train just assigns controls randomly, checks that it moves something, and considers it job done. I have a feeling that if Matt had to drive with the raildriver ON STREAM once or twice, with the safety systems enabled, many of the constant bugs would quickly get fixed, after he'd get tripped by PZB a few times because of buttons not working or being mapped in a dumb way.

Also, by the by, the sounds on CC are chorusing and flanging constantly. It can be clearly heard on all PC streams of the route. It's an issue with the sound system that has plagued DTG train sims from the early days of RailWorks, and it's still there. I'm gonna wait with getting that route, I want to see player feedback first. If someone who pulled the trigger on it can report here how RD support is working on it, specifically the AWS button, it would be very appreciated.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

jayzhead

RD support for 314 is fine. AWS button does work (with a 1s little delay, but nothing problematic) on "ALERT" red circle button. Throttle is a little little bit wobbly (sometime it jumps from 0 notch to 2), but this is probably due to calibration. Nothing serious. I can drive it just fine and enjoy it. So im happy with RD support on 314.

• Like Like x 4
  7. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

Exactly. As it happens it does work, but if it wasn't we would only have found out after release.

I know DTG will say 'it's in beta so you get what you get', but I for one only invest in DLC if I know it will have RD support. We shouldn't have to choose between gambling on pre-order to get the 10% launch discount, or wait until after release to make sure all is well but lose out on the 10%.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Amen to all that, though I'm not having any throttle trouble. That slight delay on the alert button is a bit unnerving, but it's common to all the locos so we'll get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Can I ask, with the 1s delay does the button still answer the AWS?

10. Crosstie

Yes, it clears the AWS , no problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. SilverGreen93

SilverGreen93 New Member

RailDriver support is really the best thing that should have been implemented in the TSW2020 as well, instead of forcing us to pay again for the updated TSW2.

Anyway, is it just me, or the Raildriver force feedback is not activated in this game? I connected the Raildriver to the outlet and the speaker out, but there is no sound coming from it... It is totally silent!

This is TSW2 specific. All other games do work fine. Trainz works, Train Simulator works.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

There is no force feedback built into rail driver, just a subwoofer that makes a rumble based on the sound in game. If you are not feeling it, there is a knob on the back of the unit to turn up the gain.

Another cause is if you have it plugged into the speaker out, but you have your sound output somewhere else such as your monitor. For me it only works if I plug the raildriver into my PC and my speakers into the raildriver. Though if it works in other games, this is unlikely to be the cause for you.

To be honest, the rumble was fun for a while but I soon got bored and rarely bother to set it up now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crosstie

I never figured out how to get it to work with headphones, so I quickly forgot about it.

14. SilverGreen93

SilverGreen93 New Member

Well, as I said, it works fine in other games. I turned the amplitude knob all the way up, the sound is definitely coming into it, but there is no rumble from the subwoofer. There is certainly something software related that is not enabling it. Maybe there are different revisions of RailDriver controllers.
    Is there anyway I can contact support team?

15. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Is it plugged in?

16. SilverGreen93

SilverGreen93 New Member

Of course it is. Otherwise it would not have been working with any game...

17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I meant the power, not the usb.

18. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It works for me what I found is you need to do is to set you windows volume to high, and then turn the amplitude knob up and you notice the rumble.

19. SilverGreen93

SilverGreen93 New Member

Unfortunately in my case it does not pass any sound whatsoever, regardless the audio volume, but this is specific to TSW2, all my other games work at the same volume level.
    Of course it is connected and powered up. Train Simulator works, Trainz works, World of Subways works. Only TSW2 does not.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I believe because raildriver is in beta with TSW the rumble may not work yet until everything is implemented.

21. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I have it setup to my left with the keyboard in its usual place. This feels a lot like sitting at a North American locomotive stand before they went to flat desks.

Paul

22. paul.pavlinovich

Did they change it in later years to use USB for sound? When I bother with audio for mine its got a cable I plug into the sub-woofer connection for my sound card and then it just works.

Paul

23. SilverGreen93

SilverGreen93 New Member

I heaven't heard of it, but I don't think so.
    My unit is one of the very first batch. I purchased it more than 12 years ago.

24. SilverGreen93

SilverGreen93 New Member

Well, I just opened a support ticket. The support team replied that the sound bug is a known issue that is already documented and it will be fixed in the future. Hope to be soon...

• Like Like x 1
  25. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

My setup with the addition of a 4-key pad from ebay (13$ iirc). I experimented with different placements along the upper "shelf" of the raildriver, settled on this spot and glued it in. Now I have a reliable, working way to operate safety systems. I configured the keypad to correspond with Q, PgDn, End and Delete, in that order. Now I have SIFA and PZB always at my fingertips, without stupid delays or the need to remember which random button on the raildriver DTG assigned to on every other loco :cool:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. paul.pavlinovich

Mine is a little older than that, 2002 :). It has been around for a lot longer than 12 years. I got it when I lived in America and I moved back home to Australia at the end of 2002.

Paul

27. paul.pavlinovich

good idea

• Like Like x 1
  28. bohdee

bohdee New Member

Hello,

The CRR F7A is work now?

I am thinking of buying Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante Route Add-On

Thanks!

29. hyperlord

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. turtle_maximo

turtle_maximo New Member

June 30th, there are any notice about new routes with rail driver compatibility?

I can't understand why not is universal, only configuring the trotle and brakes you could drive any loco... I don't know where is the problem why only a few locos works on. Make it universal, like the controls of key board, and put changing keys for custom your set up, FINISH. I don't understand why every loco must have different functions at the same keys, make it universal and you will not have any problem.
    I recently bought the rail driver, it's costs over 300 euros and I bought on the steam sales the San Francisco corridor with the 2 dlcs locos and I can't play it. I'm desolated :(

• Like Like x 2
  31. bohdee

bohdee New Member

I did the test here and the first day I already realized it here also friend.

32. bohdee

bohdee New Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

It is indeed infuriating that they are still dragging their feet with this. I was hoping that the upcoming Rapid Transit update will finally end this torment and bring all remaining locos, at least that's what Adam was hinting at during a couple of recent roadmap streams. But in the last stream he finally listed the actual addons that had RD support added, and he only listed Main Spessart Bahn and East Coastway. So the peninsula corridor is still not getting it! This is appalling. Matt himself said, on stream, that it takes all but half an hour to add RD support for a loco. All the routes are getting updated and triggering a re-download anyway because of the core engine update, so WHY THE HELL are they not adding support for all the preserved collection already?

• Like Like x 1
  34. paul.pavlinovich

Yes it works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  35. turtle_maximo

turtle_maximo New Member

You're right, they only support new dlcs and forget the old content when it's easy to upgrade... Once you played the game with RD you can't play it again with keyboard xDD I can't!

• Like Like x 4
  36. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Yep, I agree, once you go RD, you cannot go back.

Waiting patiently for my favorite UK locos on NTP, TVL, GWE, EC, WSR and ofc San francisco + canadian one.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Crosstie

Completely agree. I really don't play locos which I can't drive with RD. That's unfortunate, because some of my favorites are in the PC routes.

• Like Like x 4
  38. bohdee

bohdee New Member

Same here...

It's the same with the steering wheel, after you run a race, with the joystick never again rsrs...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  39. paul.pavlinovich

I'm hopeful we'll see some more locos with the bulk updating coming with Rush Hour but I don't think I'll hold my breath waiting for it. Maybe they've done it and maybe they have not. Depends on how far they got I guess.

Paul

• Like Like x 2
  40. Crosstie

Well, it's still "in production" on the latest Roadmap, but it doesn't have the Rush Hour imprimatur "R", so we can't count on it, I'm afraid. From all accounts, it's not the most difficult thing to add to a loco, but it doesn't seem to have the highest priority, unfortunately.

41. paul.pavlinovich

I got the impression from one of the streams that they have done the work for some locos in preserved collection, they are the ones I'm hoping will turn up with the core update. We can hope anyway.

Paul

42. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

I've checked Cane Creek. Both locos work OK with RD, completed training with no problems :)

• Like Like x 1
  43. hyperlord

Is the button scheme the same as for SPG or was it changed? I won't get that route soon so no update from me for Paul's button label file this time ...

• Like Like x 1
  44. paul.pavlinovich

Changed as usual... add random buttons here

45. hyperlord

4193678.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  46. turtle_maximo

turtle_maximo New Member

Thank you I needed the comfirmation! So I will purchase it without doubt, but as always 30$ is a little expensive, the worse is I'm from Spain, and 30€ are about 36 dollars, I hate to pay more for the same with the money conversion

• Like Like x 1
  47. dhekelian

Think I'm nearly done with TSW2. I bought the Raildriver initially for the GWE, 166 and 43, as support was promised. That was months ago and I've waited like a good little boy but still nothing. DTG, if it isn't going to come can you please say so, so I do not have to waste my time and money and try and get some cash back from my Raildriver purchase.

48. paul.pavlinovich

I think its coming but it isn't a priority that's for sure. I had more faith before the Rapid Transit update came out. When LIRR came out it had been adapted to Raildriver but why not Rapid Transit?

• Like Like x 2
  49. dhekelian

They said in a stream they now understood how to do RD support and that it was 'easy'. Yeah right.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  50. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

I wonder, if we all get on steam chat during the next roadmap stream and spam the same two questions for the entire length of the thing (1 - Why is there still no support for half of the locos after months of waiting, 2 - Why are the button mappings different on every new release for the same exact functions)... See if they still play the "never mention raildriver" strategy then. The problem is that the streams are at a really awkward time for my timezone so I usually only catch them the next day. I'm guessing that is also the case for many. And it doesn't seem like they are into engaging the community on these forums anymore, there hadn't been a reply from any dev in this thread for many months, even though it was started as an official feedback thread.

• Like Like x 3