Armstrong Powerhouse Class 43 Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seanpholland, Jul 3, 2021.

1. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Hi folks-
    Before I open a support case, I wanted to make sure i'm not missing something.

I bought the Class 43 (MTU) enhancement today, and am experiencing two issues.

1). I cannot press a/d on the keyboard to control the regulator. I know AP states that neither Xbox nor raildriver is supported, but I assumed keyboard should be. Particularly as braking works fine. Am I alone in this?

2). I'm trying out the 43 on JT's Western Mainlines, and I cannot get the speed limits to appear in cab, so the ATP doesn't seem to do anything even when activated with ctrl+P. I've also tried this out on London-Peterborough to no avail. Is this only on specific routes? Is there some scenario editor marker I can use to turn it on, like with C-APT?

Thanks!

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Ok, I have the AP class 43 and have just run a test.

It states in the manual from AP that due to inconsistent behavior with signals within TS, they have not implemented the signal monitoring part of ATP.
    ATP should work on any route.

1) To turn on the master key press SHIFT + W. Then move the reverser using the W key to the N position. The AWS will sound a self test so press Q to cancel it. Then press W to move the reverser into forward. Once this has been done you can throttle up and down using the A and D keys.
    Also, I use a PS4 controller with the AP trains and most of the controls work such as brakes and throttle. Only the DVD and AWS reset buttons don't work with controllers.

2) I just did a quick drive on York - Peterborough (Modern) and the ATP system was working. I got all the bleeps etc and a little green dot on the speedo above the current speed limit. It didn't display the speed on the digital display at the bottom of the speedo. It even warned me when I went 3mph above the speed limit.

Screenshot_[DPS-RLS] East Coast Mainline - North East_53.99637--1.14399_06-35-30.jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I've now just run a second test in a scenario on Just Trains' Midland Mainline and ATP is disabled and won't activate so maybe it is route related or scenario related.
    It seems to work in quick drive though.

4. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Hi Nick Y - Thanks greatly for your response.

Ok just tried anew on Western Mainlines and found my issue. For whatever reason, I need to put the reverser into Reverse, not Neutral, in order for the self test to complete. This is done by W, as the manual suggested, but my first tests I must have used the mouse or something so the test didn't trigger. Now both the test is working, and a/d work for the throttle.

Odd that I was able to use part of the train but not all of it for quite a long test earlier today, but i'm glad it's working. Thanks again.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So what part of the train was not working?

6. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Yeah pretty much only what I put in the top post: a/d (or for that matter xbox increase/decrease), and the ATP system was completely absent. Now I know not to use my mouse at all on the HUD and only only use the keyboard shortcuts.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

None of the routes in the game have ATP
    Sometimes the ATP picks up the line speed and shows it

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I seem to recall this working, and braking the train to below the speed limit. In what way does it not work?

9. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

I think it's a question of whether it has "true" ATP, or just the speed limit restrictions. AP says it only does the latter, which is completely fine, and is working for me now.

My problem was using the mouse to move the reverser to the correct position, while you can only use the W key.