Scottish City Commuter

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Krazy, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Hi folks, this is a little oddity I found before I booted up Train Sim World 2 this afternoon. I randomly decided to look at the PlayStation Store today, and see this catch my eye:
    upload_2021-7-4_13-32-14.png

The Cathcart Circle Line is listed in the store as "Scottish City Commuter". It's still listed as Cathcart Circle Line in the game, so nothing too crazy. This name kinda reminds me of the older TSW route names, that don't name the route, but have a fun little name that kind of describes it.

Just posting about this to make sure I'm not going krazy (heh), and that other people do indeed see this route listed as Scottish City Commuter.

• Like Like x 3
  2. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I see it listed as the SNP Scottish independence route. Once on it you keep going around in circles always arriving back where you started at a station called The United Kingdom. ;):D

• Like Like x 3
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

On my Xbox it says Glasgow Cathcart circle: Glasgow to Newton and Neilston. Still, gotta love tsw naming!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

I'm on Steam and it's called "Cathcart Circle Line: Glasgow - Newton & Neilston" as well. I wonder if there are license issues in the PS store or even in your country, like Resident Evil is named Biohazard in Japan. Just my speculation.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Interesting that it's just the PS Store with the new name. That would be pretty weird if it was licensing that gave the route a different name, I don't think Sony would flip out over a route being called the "Cathcart Circle Line" in the West Coast. But thanks for that fun fact, I never knew Resident Evil had a different name in Japan (although I'm sure there are a lot of games with different names in different countries)!

• Like Like x 2