My Suggestions For The Uk Version On Ts2022

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsimgaming1001, Jul 2, 2021.

1. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

With TS2022 likely just 2 months away now, i think its time to make suggestions

I do not really know US or German Routes so this is mainly for the UK edition

London - Southend on Sea with class 387 (included with standard)

UK edition
    West Coast Main Line: Preston - Birmingham via Stafford with Class 390 Pendolino
    South Western Main Line: London Waterloo - Reading with Class 450, Class 458, Class 707, and Class 701 + Scenarios with Class 444 for Owners of Portsmouth Direct Line (2018 edition)
    West Coastway: Brighton - Southampton with the Portsmouth Branch with Class 150 (GWR), Class 377 (Southern) and Class 313 (southern)

Deluxe Edition:
    East Coast + West Coast Main Line Full Merge (Combination of WCML London - Birmingham, Birmingham - Preston via Stafford, Preston - Carlise, Carlise - Glasgow, Glasgow - Edinburgh, ECML Edinburgh - Newcastle, Newcastle - York, York - Peterbrough and finally Peterbrough - London). I know, this is too much. Maybe if DTG gives us the full WCML this will happen by a third party

• Like Like x 1
  2. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

I suspect TS2022 will have a route that already exists i.e. Birmingham Cross City Lines. A deluxe version may contain a new route, just like last year contained the all new WCML South.

Personally I'd go with with your Waterloo to Reading suggestion (include the Hounslow Loop and the Windsor Branch).

3. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I suspect you may be right. I think something SWT is coming, a 700/707 is in the works so it makes sense for the Reading line would be good, though Just Trains may want to add it to their mammoth GWR network.

4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Not happening.
    Some of the route is duplicated by WCML Trent Valley, and I'm pretty sure the whole thing is duplicated by freeware routes. Not happening.
    Entirely duplicated by PDL. Not happening.
    Not enough demand, and quite a boring route. Not happening.
    :D
    (That means no chance)

5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that? West Coastway has been requested for years by lots of people, and the size of the route fits nicely in with TS. I would actually say West Coastway is a likely contender for a future route, especially as all the rolling stock needed is already available. So might be Waterloo to Reading (which by the way only overlaps with the PDL for the first 5 miles).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Member

The only part of Birmingham to Preston that overlaps WCML Trent Valley is the short section either side of Stafford station, so I wouldn't say that's a disqualifier (especially if you consider that Rugby at the other end of WCMLTV is also part of WCML South; there are multiple other instances of different routes sharing one or more common stations too). I would add the caveat that Manchester Piccadilly or Liverpool Lime Street might be more attractive northern end points than Preston though.

Not sure why the London Tilbury and Southend route should be so completely dismissed either; like the West Coastway it is one that has been talked about for a long time as one people would like to see, and in terms of route length it fits the DTG model quite well, as well as adding one of the few remaining unrepresented London termini.

• Like Like x 3
  7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I can see this one not happening, ever.
    Keyword: Some. And freeware routes aren't official, and can be replaced, look at Suburban Glasgow.
    Excuse me if I'm wrong but PDL goes to Portsmouth and not Reading?
    The West Coastway I think should be a TSW route anyway, but on the TSW forums it's well requested, so I think they'd save it for that.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  8. AirbourneAlex

In my opinion West Coastway would be better for TS as it nicely links in between SWML, PDL and BML.
    Plus TSW already has ECW which is a similar style route. Not saying it shouldn't be made for TSW but TS needs it more.
    TSW could also do with some non-southern region routes for a while.

9. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

Brighton/Preston Park to Southampton via Havant would be decent for those who make railtour scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doomotron

I've only seen West Coastway suggested once, and that was by someone who posted suggestion threads like they are gunpoint. It's a relatively uninteresting route, with stock we've already have. Literally no reason to be made by DTG. As for Waterloo to Reading, it's also an uninteresting route with trains we already have. Again, no reason for it to be made.
    I'm pretty sure that c2c refuse to give DTG a license. If the demand was significant enough (which I doubt it is), the route probably would already have been made.

11. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Just checking you aren't expecting all that to be made in just two months (by your estimate :) ) are you? Or am I mis-reading that ( just one route takes a longer than that :) )

• Like Like x 1
  12. AirbourneAlex

What would you suggest instead?

13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

West Coastway was the first add-on I had for MSTS, I loved it. With all the branches it is a nice little network, no less interesting than most of the other third rail routes, save for London to Brighton in my opinion.

I would prefer it set in the days of slam door EMU's however, as the MSTS version was.

• Like Like x 1
  14. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Well, without too many expectations, I hope it will be like this:
    UK Route: Birmingham Cross City (I hope they fix the sound problem in class 323)
    German: Riesa - Dresden, or a new route.
    US Route: NEC Washington - Baltimore or Tehachapi, although tehachapi is an entirely new route, it will likely continue to be sold separately.
    Deluxe Edition: Something new, a new route or an extension for NEC Washington - Baltimore, this is the high point of my expectation. Anyway, I would like to surprise myself.

15. Doomotron

In third rail land? Nothing. I think all of the interesting third rail routes have already been made.

16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

In third rail land but not third rail, I would love to see the Hastings to Ashford line modelled, preferably as it was in the 1970's/1980's as there are very few authentic routes to run the AP class 205, certainly in BR era.

I think some of the Kent coast route would be quite interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AirbourneAlex

Anywhere else though? I meant generally, not just 3rd rail routes.

18. Doomotron

I mostly play fictional routes now, as I find them more interesting than many real-life routes. I like them because they have a lot of variety, both in the route itself and what is driven on it. I particularly like routes set during a transition period, like WCML North being set during the changeover from BR/InterCity to Virgin Trains. Going with that theme, perhaps the Styal Line between Manchester and Wilmslow with the branch to Manchester Airport, set in the late 90s, with 304s and 305s being replaced by 323s?

• Like Like x 1
  19. AirbourneAlex

That could work, but maybe with the line via Stockport and extended down to Crewe, as just going to Wilmslow doesn't seem far enough. Possibly with a Class 86 and Mk2e/Mk3a coaches for express services too. Wouldn't be my first choice of route but I would definitely like to see more routes set during the later years of BR, especially something Network Southeast flavoured or late BR southern region like theorganist suggested. No harm in being enthusiastic, even if it were realistically unlikely to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Doomotron

The Manchester route would have a similar appeal to the Cross City Line, that being an electrified inner suburban route that isn't in London. Other than Cross City, there's only two other UK routes that have that (that I know of) - Suburban Glasgow and, to a lesser extent, WCML North. Plus, it would be late BR/early privatisation, which is something quite lacking in TS and TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bexy916

Bexy916 New Member

3rd rail land - South Eastern Division - Charing Cross / Cannon St Hither Green Sevenoaks Tonbridge down to the coast. That also gives you all routes to Dartford & Gravesend and then down to the coast.

Victoria Eastern to Dover- Maidstone East Ashford - Canterbury West Ramsgate
    Central Division - Sth Croydon East Grinstead / Uckfield plus Purley Caterham / Tatenham Corner
    Wivelsfield - Eastbourne / Hastings

Then of course Woking Waterloo via Chertsey + Hounslow Loop. Woking Basingstoke Southampton (plus both docks). Basingstoke Salisbury Exeter (Mule) Salisbury Romsey...... SO much left to do - OR dare I say it, backdate some of the present DLC to BR or steam era.

Someone mentioned above about Liverpool & Manc P instead of Preston...... well, Preston would be nice so it could be tacked onto WCML Shap - BUT im greedy..... Throw in both Liveerpool & Manc P too

• Like Like x 2
  22. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  23. Wivenswold

There's something in the South East of England in the works. As I've mentioned, we know a class 707 is on the way and I hope DTG have spotted a penchant for third party freeware modellers to focus on complete areas of a network. I'm therefore not ruling out Kent Link as a bonus UK route. SE London network, updated 378/376 hybrid, SE 707 and the basic DTG 375 too.

Links up Charing Cross with Tonbridge, London Bridge with Gravesend and the Hither Green Loop. Clips on to London Medway (with Medway Valley), London - Faversham and South London Lines. Will be a network at its very latest thus shutting up neysayers like me who moan about there being nothing since 2015 in the game.

Will bring joy to those with the AP 411 and hopefully see the Backdated Trains line to Hastings as an add-on.

That's what I'd do if I was their commercial director, but I'm not.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  25. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Well, being more realistic now, when it comes to upgrading to version 2022, I expect the Cross City route to the British route, with Class 323 sounds fixed, and other issues that I don't remember, but were cited and fixed with unofficial patches.
    Would like a new route, it will probably be a German route. But above that, I want a solution to the out of memory error, it's the most annoying problem, i can't open de map on editor because have a chance to game crashes.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Wivenswold

27. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For a new route for TS2022 UK why not add in Calder Valley Line Manchester Victoria to Leeds City via Halifax. I actually made the suggestion on the sister game forums train simulator world. You can check it on my signature below my train simulator world suggestion for Calder Valley Line.

28. LargeInjector

LargeInjector Active Member

I love all this fantasising about routes that will never happen. Sure, go on dreaming about them if it makes you happy, but you need a massive dose of expectation lowering.

TS2021 is product that DTG would have ended two years ago if they had ever got TSW to work properly. They are only going to do the minimum necessary to keep the cash cow squirting.

Doomotron's assessment in #4 is correct, they're not happening. We will only get existing routes in the base package, maybe something new if there's a delux package, but not necessarily a UK route.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Wivenswold

That's why you come to the suggestions board, yes?

Requested routes do happen, 3rd party devs read these pages and take note. Clacton is in the game now that's to some pressure.

I must come over to your "no suggestions" thread sometime, must be a blast.

• Like Like x 5
  30. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I'd love Carlisle - Newcastle as the 'deluxe' route

31. HT1

HT1 New Member

South Croydon - East Grinstead and Uckfield is one I thought of ;) Thumpers ran on the latter route.
    As is Brighton-Portsmouth
    How about Cockermouth, Keswick & Penrith (preferably with an extension to Workington) and/or Cumbrian Coast.

32. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

Cumbrian Coast is in progress by OTS.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is my local route , and I have requested it for TSW , but no news on it yet . It would be cool for TS as well tho

34. AirbourneAlex

Given that the standard routes included with TS2022 are commuter focused, I wouldn't be surprised if the deluxe route is too, which West Coastway sort of fits into that category (completely speculative, and the route could also be German). We should find out next week.

35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Rubbish

• Like Like x 2
  36. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Steamdb shows it is a possible DB/FR route....
    Train_Sim_2022_Deluxe_Route_01-1.PNG Train_Sim_2022_Deluxe_Route_02-1.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  37. trainsandgames

trainsandgames Active Member

There's a third party addon for merging the whole ECML if you have all the necessary requirements.