Cane Creek - Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Jul 8, 2021.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

Nice, but the bogies of the AC4400CW are still not correct and the exhaust isn’t painted yellow/red.

Also, when you remove some part of an model, perhaps you also should change the textures. Take a look at te roof of the SD40-2. The textures still contains the bakings of the antenna’s

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Congratulations! You're the first niggler!!

• Like Like x 14
  4. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Ah, but he won't be the last.

• Like Like x 10
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Please note: "Screenshots and images displayed in this article may depict content that is still in development."

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Terrible DLC, I have refund this after 1 hour.
    Sounds are awful and there was no KI Trains

7. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I don’t get it I mean every time DTG release an american DLC you always say that US trains are trash bla bla bla so knowing that why did you bought it in the first place…

• Like Like x 20
  8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

What the heck is a KL train?

• Like Like x 1
  9. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

This is the launch article for the DLC that is already purchasable. I find it strange to write "is still in development".

10. airbustwo#3609

airbustwo#3609 New Member

KI = AI

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

How will there be AI's
    when the Route is an Single track you may meet trains at sidings

• Like Like x 3
  12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Says that for every Article on DTG live

13. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The only possible place you would see AI's is on the short stretch of UP main line, other wise there are never more then 1 train on the branch at a time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

KI/AI are other Trains that you met when you driving.

Clinchfield was okay as US freight Route

15. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

The route is nice from an artistic perspective. Only the water fountains are a little bit odd... Remember, it's not a game, it's a simulation.

Played SPG and directly saw a UP GE4400 subbed in, which was a nice touch.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

So glad I didn't buy this route not worth the money sorry to say

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blacknred81

Based on whats being said in the TSC discord right now, there is alot of unnecessary reuse of CSX assets. This includes using a CSX EOTD, among other things.

18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Do UP locos run on SPG in real life?

19. Blacknred81

Runthru power is common in modern railroading, large mainline locos from one Class 1 can easily end up on another depending on the train.

For example, UP currently has a Central Maine and Quebec locomotive in Bakersfield, California right now, a long way from CP rails.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It has been mentioned in the first look article thread that there will be AI services on the mainline.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-cane-creek-first-look.38953/page-2
    It is a line between Salt Lake City and Denver and sees dozens of trains daily, so having these trains pass through would make that bit a lot busier and as you can see above, that was indeed the plan. It could at least have provided some red lights on that section and something to railfan in the game. Not sure where that went but I now know why my questions about it weren't answered during the streams...

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I picked this up and i like it so far, except for a couple of bugs, which i hope will be fixed soon.

Playing on Xbox Series X.

I think it offers a lot for US freight fans, if you come to it with a clear idea of what it is and isn't.

Did the trainings and 1 service (15:30 southbound empties to Potash). Took me about 2.5 hours start to finish (which includes running around the train at Potash to prepare for loading, which is the next service). Total driving distance was 42.39 miles.

The grades are significant, but less extreme than SPG or CR and I had no trouble with power with 3x SD40-2's. Scenery generally looks really nice- there is still some distant scenery pop-in but it was isolated to a few areas, and for the most part they did a good job. They did a fantastic job of conveying the scale of the gigantic cliffs to the (relatively) tiny trains, and the native flora seemed appropriate (caveat, i've never been to Utah, except in ATS lol). Even the skies looked better to me (which is a personal bugbear of mine)- i ran it in Spring Clear, and there were just a few of the wispy white clouds, and as the sun began to set it looked a lot more natural than what i'm used to from TSW2- to be fair it could be the fact that the landscape is very saturated with warm colors, so will have to see how it looks under other conditions.

Sounds are probably the biggest downside IMO. I get an annoying sample of highway traffic noise that plays occasionally and drowns out all other sounds for a few seconds. Maybe it's triggering in place of some other sound, but clearly a bug in any case. Dynamic brake sounds on the SD40-2 don't kick in until notch 4- maybe this is the same as on SPG, but still seems off. Otherwise, we have the same crappy horn (with auto-bell
    ...whyyy?), and generally it's all recycled, which we knew about in advance, but still disappointing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

So typical... :D

23. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Shame on you for always having something very negative to say within the first hour of release if it isn’t German content.
    The facts are that Cane Creek is actually a good USA freight route that includes environments that are new to TSW2 which in itself is a huge positive.

• Like Like x 13
  24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Has anyone who bought the route taken a close look at the water texture on the Colorado River? I'd be interested in anyone's opinion if they cared to share it.

25. Rutger Luiten

Perhaps DTG should really take a look at the bogies, the rear bogie of the AC4400CW is flipped.

UP 7256 (rrpicturearchives.net)
    UP 6719 (rrpicturearchives.net)

The main reason why I am very critical is because this is solded as an simulator. This is not the first product DTG released with these kind of mistakes. And it's payware, maybe it's fits the price?

TS20XX Frankfurt-Koblenz the faulty signalling for example
    TSW CSX C40-8W eot device on a wrong location.
    TSW CRR route, still no tunnel view and new horn sound for the SD40
    TSW BR112, airehoses twisted an the underside of the loco

This wouldn't be a problem if it get a fix at somepoint. For example Snowrunner works with public beta's that works very well, indead the use season cards. Or Farming Simulator, they also release beta updates. I really hope DTG work something out one day, they have a benefit of an monopoly. I know there is TRAINZ, but that's is slighty different game.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That's right. Often seen in the Midwest. Just recently I saw Norfolk Southern locos top and tailing a tanker train on Wisconsin Central (CN) trackage.

27. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I just got a copy for my N64 but I can't seem to download any routes I just get the base 3.

Polish_20210708_134832100.jpg

28. Blacknred81

Wonder if you can get the Denshe De Go controller to work with it
    large.jpg

Yes I know its a joke

• Like Like x 1
  29. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Actually I have a coworker going to Japan in September for a business trip. I should ask him to grab one and that game from one of those video games shops in the Akihabra area of Tokyo. They have everything. And I just started collecting old consoles just before the pandemic.

30. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Despite the 2 wheels blocked on the rear truck and some services and textures glitches the route is wonderful I hope one day for console users you’ll give us the opportunity to enable the safety system on the AC4400CW

31. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I notice the ditch lights flash on the SD40 but UP doesn’t have flashing lights only NS and CSX do. Did they just use the CSX SD40 and repaint it with UP paint?

32. Blacknred81

While the route its self looks great, there are some issues and consistency that need to be sorted out in the future.....

1. The AC4400CW ride height.
    The locomotive body sits way too high on the trucks, this leaves the couplers in very awkward positions when coupling and uncoupling cars. Hopefully this can be fixed in the future....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In comparison to the SD40-2.....
    [​IMG]

2. The EOTD model.
    The rolling stock that came over from SPG still use a CSXT EOTD. Meanwhile, the 2 bay open hopper cars from Peninsula Corridor use a generic model, which IMO should of been used across all rolling stock on the route.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. The PS-4750 Hopper.
    I'm gonna assume this was a late addition to the route, but the car isn't available in livery editor, hopefully it gets added support later.
    [​IMG]

Also it has some interesting LOD with its textures once to move a certain distance away from it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is also some minor issues here and there involving textures or minor scenery items.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Why not the main line, but a branch line? I'm trying to understand

34. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It’s mostly single track , and irl only a couple of trains run each week

35. DTG JD

Apologies if your question on this wasn't answered. We grabbed as many questions as possible when we saw them (hopefully you can see that in the VODs). I can honestly say that host for the 2 preview streams I (rightly or wrongly) didn't see this come up in the chat, so if that's the case, I'm sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  36. DTG JD

Thanks for the constructive feedback. The livery editor bug is known and been relayed to Skyhook, and we've noted the other feedback too.

• Like Like x 4
  37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

No problem, but would it be possible to find out, why it was stated by Gary with such an unusual certainty that AI mainline traffic will be present and yet is nowhere to be found in the release version?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

The loud road traffic sounds have to be a bug as I don't remember hearing them on any of the streams. And as such, I expect them to be fixed as soon as possible.

39. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Here you go (if the timestamp in the link doesn't work, look for 35:03)

• Like Like x 1
  40. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Oh yeah looks like I wasn't paying enough attention... well I still hope they fix it.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Gary Dolzall

Gary Dolzall Well-Known Member

In fairness to this fine route, a couple issues need clarified:

1.) It has been stated above that no AI exists in the route. AI main line traffic does indeed exists in scenarios including "Siding to Siding" and "Brendel to Moab."

2.) A statement was made in the stream to the effect that the actual route only sees one train a week. In recent times, operations on the Cane Creek Branch have consisted of the Potash Turn plus the "Dirty Dirt Trains," the latter of which typically operate daily. Indeed on days both the Potash Turn and Dirty Dirt Train operates, the latter often follows the former northbound.

Information of operations is covered in further detail in the available DTL articles. The scenarios included with the route are a realistic representation of operations on the line.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  42. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Ok, then it might've been a bit of a misunderstanding back in the first article thread. The question back then was in relation to the mainline in the timetable. As much as the branch is far from busy, the mainline could use some portal-to-portal traffic as there's a bunch of trains running there daily. Granted that would be a question of how much work would need to be put into that for basically "just" a neat feature.

43. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

how did these issues still get through after the release being postponed? No one noticed the couplers during testing? or the traffic sounds?
    Not sure what's worse,either no one noticing the issues or them knowing the issues but still push it out for release.

• Like Like x 2
  44. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

One of the weaknesses of DTG is barely testing during the test and also releasing more often with a bit of decrease of quality I don’t care honestly if a route takes more time to come out as much as it won’t be filled with bugs

• Like Like x 2
  45. Rutger Luiten

I am done with DTG, the keep releasing content full of obvious bugs or mistakes in the models. For now I will not buy anything from DTG, until the start fixing their content they already released.

• Like Like x 3
  46. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This dlc was made and released by skyhook games . If you have a complaint , direct it towards skyhook , don’t pin anything on dovetail

• Like Like x 3
  47. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't think so, Gary. Is this 1:1? No, it isn't. So - if you mentioned AI - where is it?

48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s not strictly true. It may have been made by Skyhook but it is published, released and promoted by DTG. This forum is a legitimate place to post about anything to do with the DLC, good or bad. This is the forum for TSW. If it’s really bad it reflects badly on DTG as much as it does on Skyhook. DTG can pass on any feedback and liaise with Skyhook on fixes and such.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

UP locos subbing in on AI trains (!) in SPG. Even had one of those things block my way in a shunting scenario...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  50. Gary Dolzall

Gary Dolzall Well-Known Member

TSW2_Gary_1621970512_00.jpg TSW2_Gary_1623433614_00.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1