Train Sim World: Coming Soon To Ps4, Xbox One And Pc!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Martin, Jun 1, 2018.

1. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

No, not at all. They wouldn't do that since it's unfair on other countries.

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Newsflash for ya: DTG does not do anything "fair" for other countries. The cycle is as stated above, and the next route is almost guaranteed to be German because there is only 1 German route, and 2 US and UK routes. They won't do another US or UK route before there are 2 German routes, and they definitely won't do anything outside of the 'big three.'

• Like Like x 3
  3. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

So what happens if I don't want to pay for the bundle even though I already have CSX Heavy Haul? (I'm not paying for anything on TSW until there is an editor).

4. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Really? I thought they were going to do a variety of countries and then back to UK and US.

5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Well this is O/T for this part of the forum (Xbox) but I assume the TSW core is updated to the same version as everybody else and no DLC are installed on your system.

6. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if it's available to preorder on the Xbox site yet and what the price will be?
    Bundle is available from shopto.net for ps4

7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

They recently stated that there won't be a pre order option for Xbox one. You will be able to upgrade in game later to standard or Deluxe with a discount. They stated they will inform us about the price once they have more info to share about that, but that it will be cheaper than a separate purchase.

We need to wait until it gets closer to launch.

8. Trainmania100

Ok thanks
    It's about £36 physical on shopto.net for PS4.
    Wondering whether Xbox upgrade with preexisting GWE will cost more than £36 if so I'll buy the physical for ps4

9. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

They already gave an official link to the PlayStation store one.

10. Blue Fred

Blue Fred Member

Honestly, here is what I think will happen. First off, no content will be released from now until the merge of the 3 consoles (PC, Xbox 1, PS 4). Once all three consoles are merged, they will all have the same 3 routes. The routes will be Great Western Express, Rapid Transit, and Northeast Corridor: New York. Once that is set in stone, then I think DTG will focus on releasing West Somerset Railway for Xbox 1 and PS 4 as well as working on a 6th route (guaranteed german) for all 3 editions. The reason CSX HH will not be coming to Xbox 1 and PS 4 is because it is much more laggy and cannot be handled on the base consoles. Once the 5 base routes (excluding HH) are available on all 3 editions... then I believe work on the route editor and multiplayer will begin.

11. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

That's exactly what's happening as explained by Matt, but not the editor and multiplayer. If any editors are released, I don't think they'll be for any of the consoles, just the PC, due to limitations. Multiplayer on the other hand is unknown and probably their least priority as of now.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And the future of TSW will be limited by "
    " so does that mean that TSW won't ever have long and complex routes?

13. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

In truth nobody knows (probably not even DTG), but I can give you what I believe to be a reasonable prediction of what may occur.

Lets take GWE as an example. Already PC players enjoy a lot more services, better graphics and 7 car HSTs. Console players have to make do with poorer graphics, a lot fewer AI services and unprototypically short HSTs. We know that simming isn't really for "casual" gamers, "casual" gamers don't spend $1000s on DLC, especially for games that are not AAA titles. You also need disposable income to afford that much DLC, and demographically PC gamers have much higher disposable income.

So we know that PC offers the best experience of TSW. We also know that the PC gamer demographic has the greatest disposable income. The PC gamer market is the market that will ultimately have to be targeted. DTG are trying to break into the console market, but I think that's a short-sighted target which won't yield a lot financially in the long term. In time I think DTG will realise the pursuit of consoles to the detriment of the PC audience was a bad move. It seems to me that DTG have quite a few people in charge who come from other areas of the industry and it appears some of them don't really understand Train Simming, or Flight Simming for that matter (hence the FSW collapse).

Ultimately if DTG tailor development to the lowest common denominator in terms of consoles, they will cause the failure of TSW. Now they failed with FSW, so to assume they'll take the best course of action would be somewhat optimistic, however people do learn.

If DTG ever release 3D party tools and allow modding of the game in the same way as TS2018 or ETS/ATS, then certainly there will be long/complex routes, because I (as a third party developer) wouldn't limit my route development to cater to the lowest common denominator.

• Like Like x 1
  15. xD 2Bad4You

The route length shouldnt be an issue because of Consoles. The whole route doesnt need to be loaded all the time, i´m pretty sure even PC players dont want to have a 100+ miles route constantly loaded in their Memory. It should be loaded in time when its needed.

The rest is called Platform optimisation. So of course PC can have some better Graphics over Consoles, more FPS if the PC is capable to do so or might run longer trains compared to the Console Versions. This wouldnt be a problem for me (and i think for many Console users into TrainSims aswell). I know that i have to make some trade-offs, but i would rather drive a train thats a bit shorter compared to the PC versions than having nothing at all. And as i said abov the route lenght shouldnt be limited because of Consoles, its mainly because of the time they have for each route currently.

So if they optimize the Game for every Platform, PC players shouldnt be held back or anything. Otherwise you could say the same about everyone that has a PC around the minumum specs for the game compared to those of you that own a High End PC. You can turn up the settings to higher levels.

As for Editor Tools i would expect that a Scenario Editor can be released (maybe they do that even ingame) on all 3 Platforms. A route Editor probably would be PC only with the option to allow certain Routes on Consoles. Similar to the way Bethesda does Mods for Skyrim / Fallout and so on. But that is all speculation until we hear something official. In the last stream they said they have some Info about the Tools "soon".

• Like Like x 1
  16. Digital Draftsman

It's more about complexity than point to point length, though total length of route track is part of the complexity. London Paddington is fairly simple in terms of track complexity and the number of trains, yet already the consoles are falling behind. I'm not convinced you could create somewhere like Stratford or Clapham Jn for the console and render a useful number of trains and decent representation of the London skyline. The Xbox doesn't have the hardware to render a full length AI HST, so what hope is there going forward for the consoles of rendering two 1.5mile long freight trains, each hauled by five or six locomotives?

If the optimisation for consoles means turning down the graphics to the point where the graphics are unacceptably low and all AI trains have to be removed, DTG won't create the route. At that point it impacts the PC and the overall profitability of the game, because the routes that DTG are willing to recreate are being strangled by the console hardware.

With regards to PC hardware, the average gaming PC is better spec'd than a console, secondly PCs are far easier to upgrade, so players will tend to upgrade thier hardware as the game evolves in complexity; How many players are still playing TS2018 on the same spec computer they used for Rail Simulator back in 2007 or Railworks in 2009? When the Xbox One was released it wasn't backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games, even now not all Xbox 360 games are compatible with the Xbox One, so what's to say in five years time whether the successor to the Xbox One will even run TSW; And DTG expect people to invest hundreds or perhaps thousands in DLC for their console game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Digital Draftsman interesting comments there and much to agree with.

On DTGs move into the console market I wonder whether their existing PC client base in places like the UK is pretty saturated, simply most people who might be interested in TrainSim (a niche hobby) pretty much already has it installed. Now that’s probably a TSXXXX situation but moving clients to TSW probably doesn’t move revenue much. People have ‘hobby budgets’ and to some extent with the two main Train Sim products they are competing with themselves.

Therefore the only meaningful growth that they have is to sell more DLC. Now that has opportunities but doesn’t move the dial that much. So they need new players from somewhere.

The console market, as you suggest is very different, perhaps more gaming than simulation and that’s not intended as a put down to the console community. I’d guess that the market demographics are also pretty different. Console users are likely to be younger (the existing PC base is I would think much older). Therefore the console market opens DTG up to a potentially much wider user base.

I see the riskiness in DTG’s console bet as to whether there really is a big enough audience within the console community to make it worthwhile. The new console users on this forum seem enthuasistic enough but in the console world it’s competeting against a lot of other often well financed games. Maybe it’s age but when I look at the console controller instructions for TSW it doesn’t seem intuitive. What are the demographics on train enthuasists?

The other part of the equation may be VR. Going forward for new users VR may be key. Is VR more likely to be price efficient on consoles than Gaming PCs?

Lastly we’re considering consoles are they are today. There’s a lot of money being poured into console development with talk of significant improvements coming in graphics quality. As you say PCs have the upper hand now, but are we certain that will be the case in 2-3 years?

18. Digital Draftsman

I think DTG are struggling for cash (based on public financial info) and so they are trying to wring as much financially as they can from the existing products. If they were in better shape financially I think they'd have taken more time getting the basic game right and implementing all the necessary features. I think the development team were forced to release TSW:HH before it was actually ready in order to increase income and keep the whole development afloat. The same goes for new DLCs being released before the core game is finished and before bugs in previous DLC are corrected. It's seems to be a case of treading water financially.

Porting the game to console is a way of pulling in a little more revenue from the existing DLC and new DLC going forward. I don't think there is much of a console market though, firstly because really successful transport sims like ETS2 and ATS are not on console, and secondly DTG haven't ported TS2018 to console, implying there is little to be gained in doing that, despite the huge amount of DLC available for it. It's fortunate for DTG that UE4 makes it fairly straight forward to bring a game to different gaming platforms.

PCs will always be ahead of consoles in terms of hardware, simply because PCs are constantly upgraded. Although consoles have a periodic upgrade, such as the Xbox One S and Xbox One X, it's still a fairly limited upgrade. When I built my current PC in 2014 it cost me twice what an Xbox would have, however 4 years later it's still much better spec'd than even the best Xbox One is now. There will always be a lag with consoles as the hardware is bespoke and fixed at the initial specification near the beginning of development, so it means that at release after two or three years of development, the console is already two or three years out of date compared to a top spec Gaming PC.

VR will always look better on the PC as it's a case of best hardware wins. The place a console may win out on VR is for 'room-scale' VR, with a lounge or communal area better suited for the space requirements for the laser tracking and also a more common location for consoles to be kept. That said, train driving is predominantly a sitting activity, so 'room-scale' VR isn't really needed.

• Like Like x 2
  19. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

The reason why ETS and ATS is only on PC is because SCS have made their own game engine and made it well optimised for low end PC's / laptops. Most people are able to run ETS on laptops perfectly fine, even on medium settings. But I don't think DTG are going to create their own engine and optimise it, so that's why they brought it to console since they don't expect everyone to spend high amounts of money on a decent gaming computer just for the one game. Overall imo, bringing to consoles wasn't too much of a bad idea, for now. Although as said by other people, DTG are now limited on what they can do route wise because the consoles are extremely limited. If DTG bring out a DLC for PC only, console players will go nuts, so DTG really are limited.

Speaking from an Xbox player himself.

• Like Like x 2
  20. gangrel

gangrel Member

Thankfully, Microsoft knows the importance of CPU/GPU balance for the upcoming generation. So this won't be an issue in the near future.

21. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Any news on Tsw I have been offline

22. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

West Somerset Railway came out.

That's pretty much it.

23. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Ok didn't miss much waiting on the console release and wsr and possible additional routes.

24. redgor thenoob

redgor thenoob Member

July 24th for full release and future routes. Discount for founders edition owners

• Like Like x 1
  25. hightower

hightower Guest

26. Trainmania100

Anyone know if preorders are live yet on Xbox site?
    Playstation have preorders available for standard and duluxe versuon

27. xD 2Bad4You

There will be no preorder for the Game in the Xbox Store. The "Preorder" in Xbox case is the Founders Edition. If you own that, you can upgrade ingame on July 24th with a discount. If you dont own the Founders Edition, you can purchase the full bundle on July 24th.

• Like Like x 1
  28. malachi1203

malachi1203 New Member

I read in an article that the Xbox users are going to get a percentage off on the 2 DLCs that's being release on 7/24.

29. malachi1203

malachi1203 New Member

That's what I've read.

30. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

Yes if you already own the founder edition of Train Sim World on the Xbox.

31. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

If u have founders edition i think they said the up grade will only cost between £14-£15 around and closer to £20 for the deluxe edition

32. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Upgrade pricing for xbox Founder's Edition are detailed here: https://profile.dovetailgames.com/live/live/articles/article/how-to-get-train-sim-world-xbox-one
    (Pre-order info if you don't own it is also included in the article)
    Upgrading Founder's Edition to standard edition will cost £9.99 and upgrading Founder's Edition to Digital Deluxe Edition will cost £14.39. Upgrading Founder's Edition is cheaper overall than buying anew.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  33. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

Very happy with that pricing. Thank you. Will be picking up the deluxe edition.

• Like Like x 1
  34. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Damn, 2 routes for a tenner?! Well worth it! Thanks :D

• Like Like x 1
  35. anderson_301182

anderson_301182 Member

I agree with you friend, I for example just do not buy a PC because it is outdated very fast, then nothing more fair than having the train simulators on a console.
    I think the work that Dovetail is doing is spectacular but it needs to improve a lot, my hope is that now, on July 24th, we will have a much better version and I am eager to have fun on the new routes.

• Like Like x 2
  36. HopesAnchor131

Don't forget the GP40-2 as well in the deluxe edition! (If you're picking that one up)

• Like Like x 1
  37. jasonpfc

At that price i think everyone will be getting the deluxe edition

• Like Like x 3
  38. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Hey good morning guys I know I’m super late but the game comes out July 24th so once I get the game for the PS4 will it come with the deluxe version and what comes with it guys I need some answers

39. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

40. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

How much will the upgrade be in USD?

41. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Will download commence at midnight 7/24?

42. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

Here are all the prices for the upgrade.
    • On the 24th of July, upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition for £14.39 / €17.49 / $17.49
    • Or upgrade to the Standard Edition for £9.99 / €12.49 / $12.49

• Like Like x 1
  43. Del

Del New Member

I just have one question: have there been performance improvements or will it be laggy and stuttery on the original Xbox like the founder's edition?

(This is a reasonable question but I'm sure it'll be downvoted since it doesn't express unwavering confidence in Dovetail Games.)

• Like Like x 2
  44. jasonpfc

There is some performance updates but unsure what they are, normaly there is a list released on the day of an update

45. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Will it be available @ 0000hrs 7/24?

46. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

No one knows yet.

47. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Ok

48. anderson_301182

anderson_301182 Member

I would like to know if we will have significant improvements in the version for xbox one x, because unfortunately in the version for xbox one, we have many bugs and crashes.

Was the absence of rails corrected?

When looking around when we are with the external camera, we have many crashes, has this been fixed?

Passengers do not get off the train when we have to collect for the garage, has this been fixed?

When we choose the "SERVICES" option, it presents problems when we complete a service and we have to choose another one. sometimes the next actions that need to be done do not appear or there are problems in the rescue, not allowing to start where it left off when we restart the game.

When one or more trains appear at the same time, the game locks and comes back, giving little quality to the experience.

I hope all these problems have been fixed and that we have a great version for consoles now and that in the near future the existing lines are enlarged or that new lines and new trains are added.

It would be cool for example if we have the whole GWR, with all the stations and integrations.

49. HopesAnchor131

They’ve had 4 months, all these and many more should have been fixed.

50. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Will it be available at midnight?