Here's The Sitch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Alpha_6859, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

upload_2021-7-12_17-34-14.jpeg

upload_2021-7-12_17-35-18.jpeg

So here's the rub. Yuu see these two pics? The second (bottom) shot was taken after passing the first (top) LOVE/ signal witch incase you can't tell is a green with double green so in that case I should have been fine? But in the second shot witch is just after I pass the Signal pzb kicked in. I've been trying for a good while now to figure out what am I missing? What didn't i see? I’ve watched mats video and a few others and I still just can’t figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It looks like you are approaching a speed limit reduction to 120 km/h (just off the edge of your photo) and you haven’t slowed down enough for the braking curve allowed, so PZB applies the brakes. In the top photo you are 456 metres away from the new speed limit and are still going 156 km/h. You need to start slowing at the yellow warning board for the new limit and be within the allowed braking curve and not leave it until the last second to reduce your speed by going off the HUD display.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna go watch the video and see if that's what I did wrong but it sounds like you nailed it. I haven't even driven a train that uses pzd since this. Been trying to figure out what I did.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

Hey man you were right. I just watched the video and sure enough I passed a yellow marker board thst said 120. I didn't think the game recognized that wow! Such a good game. Well now I know. Thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Glad I could help. TSW is very good and I’ve learnt a lot from playing it, also from the people on this forum, and from watching the live streams. I’ve only just started getting into driving with PZB myself recently and even then only sometimes. All good fun.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

If you‘re interested Alpha_6859, the red link in my signature explains exactly what happens when a speed restriction to 120 comes up. It‘s an interesting system that TSW manuals never explain to you.

• Like Like x 3
  7. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

8. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Matt's done a really good tutorial on German signalling and PZB, if (like me), you're struggling:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

The problem is that on many For-sginals in TSW they forgot the the the aspected speed limit. Even with a green signal it can mean that you have to brake to a certain speed.

Another thing that is not correct in TSW, when you pass a hauptsignal, the restriction start immediately and not a the starting point of a switch for example. But in TSW the uses some basic of the AWS system in the PZB system where are rules are aplied.

TF-Ausbildung.de - PZB 90

• Like Like x 1
  10. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

The tutorial is in fact great and thanks to Matt for putting so much work in it, but, if I remember correctly, velocity testing sections (Geschwindigkeitsprüfabschnitte in German) are not mentioned. They exist at least on SKA and HRR. The key is the following:

You only have to acknowlegde speed reductions below 100 km/h (i.e. if there is a 9 or lower on the disc).

But you ALWAYS have to comply with speed reductions, even if the limit is 100 km/h or higher. In velocity testing sections, this is enforced by magnets as well (+15 km/h tolerance).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

You don‘t have to acknowledge restrictions of 80 and upwards in general because of the speed test sections. The „acknowledge everything under 100“ stems from TSW manuals and is factually wrong.

The tolerance is not always 15 km/h. It varies between 10 and 20 km/h.

You can find all information (based on the official DB documentation) in the red link in my signature.

I think they exist on all German routes in TSW. I recall RSN, MSB, RRO having them in addition to the ones you mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

Thanks man. I'll take a look at it. Pretty sure I got it figured out but it can't hurt to have a little more understanding about it.

• Like Like x 2