Roadmap Update - 13th July 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Jul 13, 2021.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

This week's Roadmap article is available here.

As mentioned, we'll be doing the Roadmap live stream next week, so if you have any questions to be considered or that you'd like answered, please post them below here!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 23
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  2. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Just spotted something regarding the loco selection on Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden:

The DB BR 363 has been added to the available locos which means we are probably getting shunting services with this route.

• Like Like x 19
  3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Thats so cool, I dont have that one yet so at least one new loco with the update for me :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Livery designer and scenario planner 2.0. Finally. Thanks, DTG!!!

• Like Like x 9
  5. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

What new features will be in Livery Designer and Scenario Planner 2.0? As a wild guess, for Upgraded Livery Designer, im saying maybe the interior of the train, sharing, and better preserved collection support. For scenario planner 2.0, will we get sharing, weather, a more advanced interface, PIS support, and finally support to change the time of year?

• Like Like x 2
  6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

That is absolutely amazing! I would’ve never bought it as a standalone loco DLC because I‘m not really into shunting/freight stuff, but will definitely give it a try if it’s included with this route!

Another thing I noticed: The Class 150/2 has now officially been added to the West Cornwall route. With no traces of additional stations and/or trains, it seems like they scrapped their plans of potentially making the Route DLC bigger.

Edit: A few users have pointed out that, due to the route still being in planning, changes and additions are still completely plausible. That was an embarrassing oversight, can’t believe I didn’t come to that conclusion myself

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if that's an error. It'd be the first time that a loco from a loco-addon would be included in a route-addon, which basically decreases the value of such loco-addon.

I mean, it'd be cool if it's true, because then I'd probably remove the 363 from my wishlist, but it also sounds like a bad move from DTGs point of view.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Looks like the major update this year will be a but underwhelming. I'm not terribly interested in passengers and it doesn't look like there's anything else that's interesting. I hope at least the engine update brings some improvements.

I like the 363 very much, so I'm happy to see in on Dresden - Riesa. But I guess it will only be used for shunting dosto coaches, as there is no place to really shunt freight. They decided not to include the southern line with the Friedrichstadt freight yard, so any complex freight operations in Dresden are now out of the question.
    There's a steelworks at Riesa, so I hope they utilize that with the 363. The appropriate freight wagons are already avaliable, so why not?

• Like Like x 1
  9. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Looks like they have just plumped with finishing at Truro on the Cornwall line as well!

• Like Like x 2
  10. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

For those of us who upgrade to the next gen console version will our current profile come across as well?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Matt has said yes your profile will follow over.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Wow we finally got something new for Penzance a Class 150/2 is coming with it

• Like Like x 2
  13. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m not sure how you come to this conclusion. The item is still “in planning” and the only reason the class 150/2 has been added is that it has been announced. Any further extensions and/or trains won’t be included until it is announced. We already know there will be at least one more train included. Speculation seems to favour the Class 43 but it has not officially been announced and so won’t be in the Roadmap yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

No. We've got DB BR 182 in HBK and BR CL 52 in GWB, then BR CL 08 in both TVL and GWB.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Nothing in this Roadmap about fixing the problems with American routes, SPG, CRR, PCR or CCB. I've pretty much given up on the first three, frankly, as, apparently, has DTG. Time to move on, I guess.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I am glad to see some movements in the scenario planner. My big question, will it be e redesign of the present data format? I think how it works now is a dead end. For example, the instruction type is at the level of a service not for an individual stooping point. The stopping point is modelled as a text describing the location and it is not designed to be extended with other information.Are you talking to the TS2021 guys? I think they did a reasonable job to model scenario's.

• Like Like x 1
  17. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Hopefully the 363 is just going to be a layer, otherwise the value of loco DLC will drop even further...

18. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Confirming the 363 is legit:

DB BR 363 'V 60' Diesel Shunter in Deutsche Bundesbahn blue livery

• Like Like x 42
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  19. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Hopefully Raildriver is working for all the listed locos here, haven't played much S-Bahn (-only routes like RRO) since I got mine ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  20. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, I've been wanting that for sooo long.

I have a (small) theory now. Maybe they'll make the 363 standard so they can do one (or more) of the following options:
    • Add freight pickups at the industry connections along the line (that aren't electrified) into the base timetable.
    • Add the shunting of IC coaches and the turning around of the BR 101 on the layers the BR 101 will provide
    • Add the shunting of Dosto coaches for the S-bahn services.
    • Add the Riesa Docks
    • Add shunting at the Riesa Frieght yard and adjacent steelworks
    • Add Dresden Friedrichstadt freight yard (though I believe they've already said they wouldn't)
    Now some of these options are more likely than others, but I think all of them could be fun.

• Like Like x 5
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem like that at all. Rivit said, only last week I think it was, something along the lines of to be patient and that they were looking at the route. They didn't say "be patient and watch out for next weeks roadmap".

The class 150/2 has been revealed but nothing else yet.

• Like Like x 4
  22. jolojonasgames

In a different livery to boot! that livery is really pretty can't wait!

Just one question, will the blue livery be available on RSN, and will the red livery be available on Riesa - Dresden (if you own the corresponding DLC of course)? Or better yet, can the BR 204 substitute for any shunting services?

[​IMG]
    The blue livery I assume they're referencing.

• Like Like x 8
  23. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

Nice! I am really looking forward to the BR363 in the blue livery of Deutsche Bahn!

• Like Like x 4
  24. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Hopefully the 363 means marshalling instructions in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  25. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

I really hope so. I believe the red DB BR 182 is available in HBK for some services as a substitution of the black MRCE one, isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  26. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Will the new skybox be implemented on Preserved Collection's routes?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I think so

• Like Like x 1
  28. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

150! 150! 150!

• Like Like x 2
  29. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Excellent!
    This is shaping up to be the most "complete" route up to date.

• Like Like x 3
  30. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

So the 363 has been added to BRD? That's good news, it now adds more value to the route imo (don't own RSN or the 363). I also can't wait for the new and improved editing tools in TSW2, I wonder what improvements have been made to them.

• Like Like x 1
  31. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I like the idea of adding the 363 in ocean blue / beige! This iconic livery will make many german players happy.
    And it wouldn't stop me from buying the red one some day as well. :)

• Like Like x 3
  32. jolojonasgames

Yes, it certainly will! Of course I'd also like a dedicated route set in the past (like my Saalebahn in the '90s and Main-Weser-Bahn in the '90s suggestions ;)), but this is already a great step outside of the many traffic red liveries.

Historical German routes, especially from the '90s (due to the mix of east and west German rolling stock, with many locos from the '50s and even some from the '30s still being in service, and the large amount of different liveries used like the BR 363's ocean blue/beige, TEE red/beige, orientrot + produktfarben, DR bordeaux red, some leftover green and cobalt blue locos from the '60s and the first of Traffic red.) I really hope that the 363 woth Riesa - Dresden will get more people into the very interesting past of German Railways!

• Like Like x 7
  33. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Wouldn't there be any work for the DB BR 204 locomotive?

• Like Like x 1
  34. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I love the fact we're getting the 363 AND in a new livery... though I think this livery implies it only being used to form passenger trains (maybe working in Dresden Reick). The classic Railion one would probably be more suitable for industrial use.

• Like Like x 3
  35. jolojonasgames

Altough the livery was also used in freight shunting I do agree, definetely since Dresden Reick was sort of confirmed in an article about Riesa - Dresden, where it featured in the timetable shown, though I believe Nat then said that that wasn't a guarantee it was coming.

Dresden Reick would allow for a few more S-bahn stops to the east of Dresden Hbf and a place to shunt passenger trains (it's where the IC and ICE trains go after arriving into Dresden and before coming back into service). I do think it would provide us with a few interesting depot moves and hopefully BR 101 runarounds instead of the sandwhich formation on HHL. I also believe the same person that made the HHL timetable is making this one, and HHL included loco runarounds (stabling and preparing for service) for freight services, which makes 101 runarounds a bit more likely.

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    It was this picture of a timetable, mentioned by WonterRail in this comment.

This is Nat's comment about it

So for now it seems unsure whether we'll get to Dresden-Reick, and the adjacent passenger coach yard, but the addition of the 363 does make it seem more likely.

• Like Like x 3
  36. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Nice to see Deutsche Bundesbahn V60 for Dresden Riesa. Shunter layers with the V60 or V100 would be nice for HRR, RT, RRO, SKA, HMA and HBK (at the moment its a UI V60 in a tutorial only). Such a nice switcher addition would be very nice for Boston Providence. Perhaps with black livery with the white horse. :)

• Like Like x 2
  37. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

You do know that it's CSX that works on the Providence Line, not NS (and with only Geeps, I might add).
    Although if I don't see a single mention or seen freight for NEC2 from streams or articles in the future, then I'll lose my mind and be out of here for good.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

A V60 in ozeanblau-bleige? What is this, am I dreaming? This is most exciting news, indeed :love:

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Like the others, very excited to get to use the excellent 363 on a new route- my hype is building!!

• Like Like x 2
  40. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

As a layer or included in the DLC?

• Like Like x 1
  41. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

It's not nice for those who bough it before, to include the 363 for everybody in RH. At least I hope it will get amazing timetables like the ones we have on RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  42. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

We should not give up our freight hopes to early!:)

• Like Like x 1
  43. jolojonasgames

Well, you pay for what you get, the BR 363 on RSN. Of course it's a shame that loco doesn't/didn't get layered onto more routes, but as an owner of the 363 already, I don't really have an issue with it coming with Riesa - Dresden for more players (after all, none of the locos that come with it are new, a lot of people already own them).

• Like Like x 1
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It makes no difference to those players, they still have exactly what they bought. With this release they get another one in blue if they buy it. People buying just Rush Hour don’t get anything more. They don’t get the RSN version or the services that were included in the loco DLC. They’ll still need to buy the original loco DLC if they want that. Nobody is losing out.

• Like Like x 10
  45. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Still nothing for ECW or GWE unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

there is a Yard at Riesa last time I looked (on TS21's version of BDR)

Regards

Hentis

47. scotrailhst

scotrailhst New Member

Just saying but I’ve been waiting for months for the class 313 to finally be released but everyone’s seemed to have forgotten about it altogether! I am completely bored as I have nothing to do because all I want is just for it to be released!

I’m sorry for the rant but I am not happy with this.

• Like Like x 3
  48. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

They already did fixes on a few American routes

• Like Like x 1
  49. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The 313 was delayed as it needs work.
    I doubt you or anyone else would want a half-busted Loco now would we?

• Like Like x 7
  50. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

At this point, I hate to see what's the next routes/locos would be made on the roadmap, after Rush Hour. Since this year has been nothing but passenger routes/locos, since TSW 2 (except for Dash 8, BR 363, CRR, and Cane Creek, I know. And doesn't matter if High-Speed was the theme either).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021