Christmas Closures

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by johnny69wells, Jul 16, 2021.

1. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Been trying to do this on GWR, but wheels start to slip. So change ends, in Acton Yard, drive back, power seems to go. Is there any sand on HST, cold weather seems, to affect the wheels.

2. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Just go very very gently on the throttle, you will get there!

• Like Like x 1
  3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I played this earlier in the week for the first time. On the return leg when I was stopped at Ealing Broadway, a 125 hurtled past in the general direction of Paddington. Considering that the theme of the scenario is that Paddington is closed and trains are being turned round at Ealing, this seems rather odd. (This was on Xbox One but bearing in mind that all versions should be the same, it is probably relevant to this)

• Like Like x 2
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

When it tells you to put the throttle into notch 3, don't. Only put it into notch 2 and then let the speed gradually increase before selecting notch 3 (and 4 etc). The instructions are from the original version before the more advanced traction physics were introduced, so too much power too soon will cause the wheels to slip in the cold. ;)

As for sanding? I'm not sure but I don't think there's that option in the game. Maybe on the real one there is though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. johnny69wells

Thank every one
    I have found train starts to lose power, going back up to Slough, struggle get it going. It drives fine to down to London.

6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

If you have a USB Keyboard lying about plug it in and hit the X button for sand, I'm not sure if the HST uses sand in the game.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Did you have aws and dsd on? Check it's switched off in the cab when you leave.

• Like Like x 1
  8. johnny69wells

Thanks will try that, is a bug?

9. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Not sure. When I tried the run using aws I had immense trouble getting it back to the station after changing ends. It kept stopping every few meters brakes locked on and took 5 minutes or so to release.
    Eventually switched aws off and it ran fine. My only thought of what I'd done wrong was maybe having left something active in the other cab.
    Either that or the scenario occasionally glitches.

10. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Always turn off at the back cab any security device as you won’t be able to acknowledge it and having an emergency brake everytime is annoying

11. johnny69wells

That's what's, happening, as well, Simon. Could be a bug, never did it on old game, when you change ends.