"announcement"

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Crosstie, Jul 16, 2021.

1. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

May be TSW 3.0
    Ditching TSW 2.0

2. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We aren't announcing anything that existing players will find particularly interesting.

• Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Interesting.
    A new platform/way to play TSW2 maybe.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

My guess is that Rush Hour will become the new base set of routes for players thar buy the game after it's release, instead of SKA/SPG/BKL, which will probably become sperate DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Probably just some bundles or marketing related stuff.

• Like Like x 7
  6. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Nintendo Switch version? :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Given the most recent announcement that the much anticipated announcement will be of little or no interest to any of us on the forum, I'll have to find something else to do on Thursday afternoon. Does anyone have any suggestions? If you do, please announce them before next Thursday morning or before the next announcement about the uninteresting announcement, whichever comes first, so that I won't have to tell my wife I will be free to do extra chores that afternoon.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Their was a stream around this time last year called announce and it was Q&A 1 for TSW2

so my guess is currently a Q&A on rush hour

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Maybe they have decided to make Rush Hour stand-alone so it actually functions as a base game and people can buy Rush Hour and play it having not owned anything TSW2 before. Always seemed odd that it was announced as a DLC and would require the base game to play.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

This is likely and fits into the whole 'existing players will not find particularly interesting' theme

Standalone in the sense that if you buy Rush Hour you will not be able to purchase TSW2 DLC previous to Rush Hour ? I highly doubt that will be the case

If that's not what you meant, you are basically saying it is a retheming of the game for everyone from TSW2 to TSW2:Rush Hour. Each annual release has been a retheme (ie TSW:CSX Heavy Haul -> TSW-> TSW2020); but its not standalone in the sense that it locks you out from buying other DLC

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  11. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I have mentally checked out until Rush Hour comes out. I don't want to know anything about it until the release date is closer and we get more substantial details. Until then, I have a library of games to go through.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

SD70ACET4

• Like Like x 1
  13. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

We apologise for the delay to this announcement. This is due to the late running of an earlier announcement.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me based on the historical precedent and Nat's comments.

• Like Like x 2
  15. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

On stream this morning Sam looked at the wording when he was reading out the stream schedule for next week and said something like, "oh why would you word it like that? that's asking for trouble" - he suggested to keep expectations down. Given it happens on Thursday and will be about 5.30am my local time and the garbage truck nearly always wakes me up at 5.30am I guess I'll watch live for a change :).

Paul

• Like Like x 4
  16. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Yeah, coming from Sam, it seems this current debacle over the elusive announcement is due to JD deciding to post stream schedules on Fridays instead of Mondays and JD wording it the way he did. A lot of fuss about nothing (or little, at least).

• Like Like x 1
  17. paul.pavlinovich

Yes I suspect that is very much the case Lamplight - we'll all know after the stream anyway. People do get themselves excited and hyped up sometimes don't they? JD will probably come on stream and say "It's Thursday" and that will be it, the announcement all done and dusted ;). :cool:

Paul

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

drive trains?

• Like Like x 1
  19. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Now also available for Nintendo Switch :-D

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Stand alone as in not DLC 0 doesn't require you to already own a base game in order to play, as in Rush Hour functioning as a base game by itself. I think a few of us said the same thing in different ways, makes sense to me.

21. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Bundles of current routes/locos. GER - USA - UK

22. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Maybe. See https://dovetailgames.com/vacancies/build-engineer where they are looking for

"Strong working knowledge of the development and publishing tools and pipelines for Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and Steam platforms "

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I think we were both trying to make the same point then. My assumption is that Rush Hour with its 3 routes will become the base game replacing SKA/SPG/BKL. I just don't use the 'standalone' wording as that implies that you wont be able to purchase any additional DLC for it (past or future)

24. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think its not RH being delayed. When TSW2 was delayed, it did not warrant a Full Stream. It would be like this:

Hello Matt here just to tell you Rush Hour is Delayed until XX see ya next time bye have fun.

It might be about them resolving the issues preventing them from releasing the Editor. Just because DTG said it won't be exciting does not mean it will not be. Remember the Big Announcement that was thought to be an Editor but was a lame console version of TSW (i play pc and it is far superior).

It might be them saying spirit of steam is a huge hoax.

It could be the Announcement of TSW 3

It could be anything

25. trainsimgaming1001

Looks like DTG may have leaked a 3rd thing: Nintendo switch version. DTG has nothing on the switch, and it would not be that interesting to existing players, as they would already be on Steam PS4/5 Xbox one series x/s.
    First they pressed the wrong button to announce rush hour, then they pressed a button that released a Class 442 Hoax for Brighton Main Line, now potentially a Switch. Whats Next? TSW3? Editor?

26. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Last time DTG had an "announcement", it was a console edition. My bets are on a PS5/XSX edition.

• Like Like x 2
  27. trainsimgaming1001

The Thing is, a PS5/XSX was announced at the same time as Rush Hour was, so it cannot be that.

28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I would categorically rule out an Editor. This ‘would’ interest ‘existing’ players. I would also rule out anything Rush Hour & Steam Engine related as this ‘would’ also interest ‘existing’ players.

If this is a ‘new’ player announcement, it could be Nintendo Switch or even Apple Mac/iOS related.

Apple have started to switch Mac’s to their new M1 Chips, which seem to have strong graphical performance capabilities. I’m not sure a Nintendo Switch could run TSW 2 given the performance demanded from the game, but I’m probably wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  29. trainsimgaming1001

Thinking about it again, the switch does not have anywhere near enough built-in storage for TSW. TSW on its own would take up 20GB out of the 32GB the switch has built in. You would need SD card for even just 4 DLCs that are bundled with the TSW2020 version

30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

So it has to be multiplayer & VR support of course. Hurray \o/

• Like Like x 1
  31. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

maybe the first steam locomotive for tsw2

32. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

it could be rush hour launch date as last year they did the same weeks before launch and then we had a 2 week delay witch we all know could happen again but we still not seen any screenshots of the routes fully done yet so could be anything still putting my bet on mid to late August launch no matter what we be Livestreaming at launch on PS5 next gen & PC

33. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

It's been confirmed it's nothing to do with rush hour date

• Like Like x 2
  34. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Let's be real. If it isn't anything that would be "particularly interesting" to existing players, we can pretty much rule out anything of significance that has been suggested or asked for on the forums in the last year or so. Wishful thinking is harmless, but futile.
    On the other hand, "setting expectations low" is where we are most of the time, anyway, right?
    I'm usually a "half full" person, so I hate myself right now.

• Like Like x 4
  35. breblimator

breblimator Guest

A nice surprise, even a very small one, is still a nice surprise \o/

• Like Like x 1
  36. trainsimgaming1001

I think you might be right. Rush Hour Becoming the standard game makes sense. Its always what TSW has done since Annual Releases became a Thing, and its what TS Classic has always done as well. It would not be interesting for existing players, As they Already have the original TSW2 and therefore have got SPG SKA and BKL. Think of it. When TSW CSX Heavy Haul was rebranded to TSW, it got routes that previously had to be brought separately and now you could re-buy the game and get all 3 (4 for PC players) for the price of 1 DLC, £25. When they rebranded TSW to TSW2020, the only route that continued to be bundled was GWE. RT and NEC did not survive. When TSW2020 was rebranded to TSW2, which was more of a new game, None of the routes survived, but you could still buy TSW2020 and get the included routes (except NEC and SPG, as the former is not in TSW and the Latter comes as an Updated Version) for the same thing, for 4 price of 1. But, whenever these Rebrands Happen, existing owners did not receive the new routes (except with TSW 2, which was a Paid Upgrade). I think Rush Hour will be the Base Game with SPG SKA BKL becoming DLC for new buyers and NEC2, BRD, and BML becoming the standard with a Pack being sold separately for existing owners. Its what they have always done

• Like Like x 1
  37. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Working toilet/Restaurant bar feature/s?

• Like Like x 1
  38. trainsimgaming1001

Going further on my Previous Message, the steam page for Rush Hour says that Riesa - Dresden will have Services for the ICE3M, a train included with the base game. This is another indicator that the 3 base routes will not be included when RH releases

39. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Why did you expect 6 routes for 30 Euros? :D

• Like Like x 2
  40. trainsimgaming1001

Thats not what I mean I mean that BKL SKA AND SPG will not be included in the standard game and will become DLC and Rush Hour becomes standard

41. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt has recently been seen on streams without his pink headsets citing long periods of ms teams as the reason. My guess is the announcement is the winner of the steam punk livery competition is getting them as a prize alongside a DTG Mug. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  42. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

oi! gerroff my headset! :)

• Like Like x 11
  43. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I've always thought that Rush Hour will come out as a new Standard game, with three routes like all previous standard bundles from TSW 2020 onwards. Then, maybe there will be a Collector version with 4 routes (the 3 new + 1 old) as has always been the case.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Announcement: Multiplayer, lul

45. paul.pavlinovich

RH may also get released as a base game, but they've already said that TSW2 is getting the core update and that Rush Hour is DLC. That doesn't mean they won't make a package that you can buy as Rush Hour which includes TSW2. It makes a lot of sense to attract new players and the mix is similar to other TSW2 package releases and past TSW and TSW2020 package releases that included the base game with them.

Paul

46. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

What if, perhaps, that this whole announcement thing is for a promo or some sort of competition, where the winner(s) would get a copy of the game and/or some DLCs?
    This would go hand-in-hand especially with the whole We Are Railfans thing that DTG promotes, where they try to attract railfans and new players alike to the game.

...There. I've finally cracked the code. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  47. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

There won't be 2 seperate products. SKA, SPG & BKL will most probably be relegated to DLC and NEC:BP, BML & BRD will most likely be the 3 base routes any new player to TSW2 will receive under the Rush Hour moniker. Existing players can buy this RH package....but the 2 are one and the same at the end of the day. They both are the same TSW2 game with the same 4.26 core upgrade

Apart from offering 3 'new' routes in a package this is EXACTLY how every annual rebranding has occured up to now. The only difference is previously with the TSW and TSW2020 refreshes, the routes were already existing. (Unless they bought the collectors edition which included Pen Corridor - which was then offered seperately at the time for existing users the same as RH is going to be)

This is just a way of them doing their usual DLC reshuffle whilst simultaneously putting them in a neat package for existing users.

• Like Like x 2
  48. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I guess it will be less interesting then anything guessed on this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  49. paul.pavlinovich

Anything is possible and yes it certainly could go this way, we'll know soon enough when all is revealed, even if the release is at the end of British summer (September) we'd probably know what was intended sometime around mid to late August after DTG figure out if everything they're planning to do is actually feasible in the time they've got.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  50. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Nah, this is top priority for most existing players. We`ve been asking for it for ages :D

• Like Like x 4