More Rapid Transit Services

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NorthRail1, Feb 17, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

1024px-S-Bahn_Mitteldeutschland_-_Liniennetz_2015.svg.png
    In the Rapid Transit service mode there are only S2 services despite the fact that the S3, S5, S5X, S1 and S4 all run along this route as can be seen on the route map. As all of these routes run the DB BR 1442, already featured in Rapid Transit, I think DTG should add these services to the service mode. At the moment, the route feels to quiet for a commuter route, with trains running only every hour along the route. By adding these services, the route would have much more life to it and more variety in the length of service that can be run.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 18
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I was wondering why only the S2 services were present. If all the other S Bahn lines use the same version of the Talent 2, it seems odd that they are not present in the timetable. They included services in GWE that were entirely AI controlled with the shuttle branches, so it’s not something impossible to do. Or they could be player controlled for the portion that is on the featured part of the route-which wouldn’t be a bad idea. It would add more shorter services for those who don’t want to do the whole route.
    Regardless, the lack of these services which could be easily done just shows more of the rushed nature of Rapid Transit. A timetable with nothing but 4 unique services, then copy pasted with different configurations, is going to take a lot less time to develop than anything interesting.

3. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

This needs to be added!

• Like Like x 1
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm not casting a vote because passenger services just don't interest me much, but I just feel compelled to ask, aren't they "much of a muchness"? That is, don't all services between station a and station b resemble each other? If not, what makes one differ from the others?
    I'm not mocking NorthRail1's request, just wondering.

5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It's more about increasing AI traffic density across the route rather than additional single player service options. Firstly it would reflect reality, as those trains run in reality and so should be included to increase the authenticity of the simulation. It's also nice to see other trains making their way across the network as it adds to the sensation of being a part of the bigger operation; With fewer AI trains it can sometimes feel like you're driving a lone train around in an empty World after the apocalypse. It can also add a challenge to the game, as if you're running late you can end up stuck behind another service and running on yellows, but with fewer services it's more likely to be greens all the way.

• Like Like x 4
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Now, that makes sense. Many thanks, DD.

7. TrackDown

TrackDown New Member

And yet this never happened... Its really sad

8. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

Well they did at least bring the S1, S6 and S8