My Route Suggestions Shown As Map (ger, Uk, Ch, A, And All Others)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by frank351981, Jul 18, 2021.

1. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

Even if we already have a lot of tracks in the simulator so far, there are still a few tracks that are definitely a dream candidate and other routes that might be interesting.
    Since there are too many to list, I made for myself a map over time. And now its time to post it, perhapse some of them will come too to TSxx :D
    (For a closer look you can zoom in on the map)

http://u.osmfr.org/m/634036/

Feel free to post further maps with your personal route-wishes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

The GWML (aka Western Mainlines by JT) is indeed a nice one to become refreshed in the TS. Especially the vegetation is in todays time very ugly. Just Trains could do the same here as with the updated Western Express Ways Reading - Exeter.
    The Husum - Westerland route: GBE has announced some time ago a new version of it with a new section to Tonder. But the thing with GBE is: the need very long between announcing and publishing, and the quality....very questionable.
    North Wales Coastal: I wonder if DTG will re-release it as they did with the south wales. (I had luck, I have the route buyed before the license-problems)

DonĀ“t know how experienced you are in TS.
    If interested: the Northampton Loop is included in the Freeware route "WCML south" which you can find on alanthomsonsim.com. The route existed before DTG released their version and its done nicely (as I think). The route between Bristol and Birmingham ist in the Freeware "XC route" also available on the ATS website but this needs a very lot of additional Freeware AND Payware to be installed.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  4. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

GWML: It would be nice if they updated the Western Mainlines to the standards of the Southwestern Expressways to Reading, but I don't think anything will come out anytime soon, as they need to update the extensions as well.
    Husum - Westerland: I am aware of this route made by GBE, I would like to have one made by DTG in the style of Norddeutsche-Bahn and Inselbahn or at least an improvement on this existing route.
    NWC: I only have the route from Crewe to Llandudno, it would be great to bring it back as it's a very nice route, and not being available is a waste of work and fun.

I'm also aware of the old WCML South, but I believe in this version made by DTG, as the custom assets for this route make it better, also the rolling stock is good for the route, with most trains running on it already included. The route from Birmingham to Bristol would probably not be done by DTG as it would only be the route, they don't have a license for Cross Country trains, although we can see launches with unmarked trains like MARC in Washington to Baltimore and BNSF in Tehachapi or ATW in South Wales, we don't know what their plans are for licensed and unlicensed trains. Anyway, I believe there are routes that are more requested than Birmingham to Bristol. Probably this route would have to be done by a third party, as it has already been done. The creator of this route is currently working on WCML Midlands & Northwest, I believe that once WCML is finalized, the XC Route can be updated.

5. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

Noticed one of the routes you've highlighted is Airedale and Wharfdale, I can tell you that these are both in progress.

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Looks like you did Long Island Railroad Penn Station to Babylon and Long Beach and A train Subway. Your LIRR suggestion belongs to the sister game train simulator world because you can make that branch off from LIRR Main Line Hillside Support Facility

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I'm confused by a Liverpool - Wrexham/Shrewsbury route?
    You have the Wirral section of the Merseyrail system and you have the Bidston - Wrexham route.
    And you have Wrexham - Shrewsbury that is independent of the line from Bidston with no thru workings

Apart from having a common station, Bidston, the two routes are unrelated
    There is no thru traffic between one part and the other - Wirral lines are Electrified and Bidston - Wrexham is not.
    At Wrexham the trains going to/from Shrewsbury started at Holyhead or Chester

Peter

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021