Train Sim World 2 - Now All Summer Long

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

So September 22nd. I see

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

The article says along the lines of we have throughout the summer to play them all.

3. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'm not at all upset about the "broken promises and lies", as I never saw them as such. Development is a dynamic process and changes all the time so it's difficult to predict. Same goes for the price increase, it's still quite affordable.
    What bothers me is the reduction of a unique branched route to just another generic German passenger line, that we already have tons of. It's not the end of the world I guess, but branches were the selling point of the route for me.
    You really need to put more thought into choosing which German routes to build in order to get the most interesting and unique gameplay.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The Dispatcher is a core game function; it goes beyond any one route, or Adam's team's abilitiy to upgrade. Simply put, until the dispatcher, in the core, is upgraded to greater capacity, Bakerloo and LIRR can't run more trains.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I think they want never give us routes like 150 to 200 kilometer then like Schnellfahrtstrecke Köln to Frankfurt when they even cut Riesa-Dresden from 105 to 82 Kilometer.
    How can you build all this long Routes in Train Simulator and we Must shut down to 100 kilometer in TSW 2 in 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. What planning decision did DTG make to cut out the Meißen branches and Dresden Flughafen Branches on Riesa Dresden. This is DTG laziness at its best. This was the route that I was most looking forward too as it would have had a lot of varied gameplay. Not only that they have the cheek to call it Nahverkehr Dresden which means Local Transport Dresden which is incredibly misleading as the most 'local transport' lines of Dresden have now been axed. If this was because they added the 363 shunter, then I'd much rather that get axed then parts of a route and buy the 363 at a later date and DTG make that into a layer.

The Pricing and release. This was probably a money profit strategy most likely because they know players (mostly) want routes at release and probably realised that by doing this they could make more money.

The cutting out of the branches on Riesa Dresden is typical DTG. The majority of locos on this route are reused. And yet they decided to cut out the branches. The Dostos on HBK caused an uproar, I believe this will cause a bigger uproar as they are literally cutting pre-announced parts of routes out. DTG Laziness and their typical two steps forward, one step back solution

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 26
  7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I mean I can see why the price is increased due to development times etc.

But raising it £10 (for all 3) when you lose 23km off Dresden?

I mean come on...

• Like Like x 13
  8. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

We expected the three routes to launch together, but I don't see a problem in launching one at a time, with the premise of not getting a rushed release like other DLCs, however, the wait has to be worth it, with the other two routes launched later almost spotless.

And why did they disappear with the additional branches in Riesa - Dresden? The idea of arriving from Riesa and taking a train to Dresden airport was cool. Shame that this happened, this route was the most promising, with a good selection of rolling stock. If only they would include these extensions in the future.

At least we will receive updates for old routes. Another thing, it would be good if they updated the ZZA on the trains, to show the correct destinations on the trains, I see this problem on routes like Duisburg - Bochum on trains that don't show and don't have the train destination, like services that need other DLCs . It would be nice if you update the DLC DB BR 101 and ICE 3 to include destinations like Dresden Hbf and Riesa.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

At least we get the Reigate branch

• Like Like x 1
  10. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Well, this has gone from an instant purchase to maybe none at all.

No more interesting branches on Riesa - Dresden, higher prices and a later release.

Sorry, but after the buggy releases a few months ago, this might be the straw for me.

I'm voting with my wallet and saying: no, this is not what I want. Systems with a pass, more expensive packs, cutting back route lengts turning interesting routes into just another German one, etc.

DTG, back at it again by promising one thing (three routes, in a bundle, this summer for €30, with the branches on Riesa - Dresen) and then dissapointing everyone by breaking that promise. After losing a lot of trust with HHL and the preserved collection update issues, this does not seem like a wise move.

• Like Like x 26
  11. trainsimplayer

You're having a laugh right?

• Like Like x 4
  12. solicitr

The decision to nerf Dresden has turned me from a "Buy whole package at launch" customer to "treat Riesa-Dresden like Hamburg-Lubeck" - i.e. wait until it's 50% off. Just another generic modern DB route with the same rolling stock. BIG disappointment.

• Like Like x 15
  13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Change your mind and give us the full Riesa-Dresden route with all Branches from 105 kilometer.
    The backlash is really huge and load to not ignore us once again like the wrong Dostos

• Like Like x 14
  14. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I think my bingo card is almost full. We’ve had the Laziness comment, calling DTG liars and a bonus point for a threat to go to trading standards (which I’m assuming was a joke).

It’s a new approach, there are positives and negatives. Personally I’m disappointed but neither of the ‘lazy’ or ‘liar’ comments are justified in my opinion.

• Like Like x 17
  15. solicitr

"Want?" Yes. "Deserve?" Do get real.

• Like Like x 4
  16. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I've seen a game fanbase complain as much as this one does. If you don't want the DLC because it's not giving you what you want at a price you want to pay, then don't buy it. It's really as simple as that. If you had already paid for this in advance, then I could see a reason to complain. Otherwise, DTG doesn't owe you anything.

• Like Like x 12
  17. Coastway trainspotter

No ? I’m quite pleased by this decision , it allows for the routes to be released at a better standard , and players to choose the routes they want to play

• Like Like x 1
  18. UnlimitedMagic

It’s one stop which is Reigate. This is just a simple warning to the people think that it’s a bunch of stops. At least we get more Southern services this way

• Like Like x 6
  19. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I honestly have no problem with the price increase (still a great deal) and the staggered release (more time to focus on each route instead of being confronted with 3 DLCs at once).

I am however quite sad about the loss of the additional branch lines on Dresden-Riesa. I honestly lost interest in the German routes over the last few months, instead mostly focusing on British and American DLCs, and was hoping this new route with its huge variety of tracks and services would be able to revive my passion for German DLCs. Now it just looks like one of the usual commuter routes in a straight line (with one small branch).
    I wonder how long ago this decision was taken? Surely most of the texturing and modeling work for the Rush Hour routes must be finished by now with just a few weeks until the staggered release commences. Did the developers essentially build 23km of track as well as dozens of stations that just go to waste now?

I’m still very excited for Rush Hour, but Dresden-Riesa has probably gone from most to least anticipated route in the pack after this announcement - at least for me.

• Like Like x 13
  20. Coastway trainspotter

Exactly . I don’t understand why so many people complain about every dlc - if you don’t like it , don’t buy it

• Like Like x 4
  21. trainsimplayer

Right, so you are happy that BML got 1mi 71 chains more, and Dresden lost 23km, and all that (if one buys the bundle) is £10 more.

I call that bloody ridiculous.

• Like Like x 7
  22. Coastway trainspotter

Will a potential 166 layer also go to Reigate ?

• Like Like x 2
  23. solicitr

German DLCs certainly have fallen into a boring rut. Why buy more of the same?

• Like Like x 9
  24. trainsimplayer

I mean we all have the right to complain in this scenario, it's a massive promise broken, and it's a rip-off.

• Like Like x 2
  25. UnlimitedMagic

Most likely since Reigate is part of the North Downs Line

• Like Like x 2
  26. Coastway trainspotter

I knew this would happen as soon as I started typing , already I’m getting questioned and insulted about my opinion . This is the problem with the internet

• Like Like x 5
  27. trainsimplayer

Remember that only helps those who own GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  28. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

DB628 It's important to us that you share your thoughts and feedback. And I can understand your frustration, however please remember these forums are for users of all ages, and continuing to use unsuitable language to express your feelings will result in a suspension from the forums.

It is worth noting that we will still be showing you preview streams for all of the Rush Hour DLC, and if you aren't sure if you want to purchase Rush Hour these will go into depth about what you will be getting for your money. These streams should help you to decide if you want the season ticket or if you want to purchase the routes individually.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  29. Coastway trainspotter

What was the promise ?

30. trainsimplayer

Apologies, I should clarify, my "Bloody Ridiculous" comment was about the Decision, not your opinion, which is your own. I do however still disagree, but it is at the end of the day up to you

• Like Like x 5
  31. Coastway trainspotter

Because lots of people would have a different opinion to you , which is fine

32. trainsimplayer

3 routes for £25
    As well as the branches on Dresden.

• Like Like x 4
  33. Coastway trainspotter

Not a promise , just information about a decision . Decisions can be changed

• Like Like x 4
  34. jolojonasgames

Well for me it is about trust in a company. I'm not upset or anything, but this does make me feel like DTG can't keep promises, which will make me a lot more careful with my money from now on.

Say want you want (I don't think personal insults to DTG or it's employees are ok though), this is a dissapointment to many. For me, it looks like I'll be paying more for less. I was really excited about the S-bahn branches, which have been cut. The fact that cutting those branches was announced in an article that has a tone of 'look what we're doing! Asking more money, hiding it by saying you now also have the option to buy just one route for the cost of all three previously!' does feel a bit like DTG doesn't really care about it's existing playerbase and their fair expectations (after all we were just expecting that what was initially announced).

• Like Like x 9
  35. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I didn’t realise the Reigate branch was just one extra stop and less than two miles. That makes the loss of the extra track on Riesa Dresden unreasonable. DTG don’t ruin it by lopping off a huge chunk.

• Like Like x 4
  36. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Exactly, I was on the fence about it and now I won't spend any money. But that doesn't mean I can't complain about something I was looking forward to, does it?

• Like Like x 3
  37. Chipmunk

Chipmunk New Member

the price for the season ticket in Australia is really steep. $65 Aud is really disappointing especially with the economy right now I’m sorry about ranting about this. Please have a nice day

• Like Like x 2
  38. jolojonasgames

I do think that the way it was initially phrased in the initial RH article (confident statement about price and included costs) does make it a promise. They said: it will cost €30, it will include these branches. That does sound like a promise to me.

Now look, the community can understand sometimes tough decisions have been made, but this was announced as positive news with no context on why decisions were made at all.

• Like Like x 5
  39. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

True, I wasn't expecting that!

• Like Like x 2
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Don’t get too excited. Apparently it’s just one station and less than 2-miles of track.

• Like Like x 2
  41. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster
    All I want is the full Route from Riesa-Dresden how it was announced with Meißen and Dresden Flughafen as S-Bahn Linie.
    So we’re all happy in the Community.

Please change this back

• Like Like x 19
  42. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

So we are not getting a lot of details on Rush Hour, but the details we did get now change, significantly? I am not sure what to think now, this went from a day one purchase to let's wait and see...

• Like Like x 3
  43. trainsimplayer

+1

• Like Like x 3
  44. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

To be honest this whole being tranparent is no longer doing any good. We have had streams and articles stating this is the price and hyping the Desden route for it size and complexity with the branches.

If you can't deliver don't promise. I thought that was the whole point of the streams where you say that sounds like a promise we aren't guaranteeing anything.

On the past streams it was said the pack was 24.99 they didn't say this can change in fact it was stated this is the info we can give confidently.

And the whole article done up on Dresen services, most of the parts DTG people interviewed said they were excited to put in are gone with the 2 branches.

If I had known this I wouldn't have spent some of my budget on a sale route as now I don't have enough for Rush Hour.

This is sad but I have gone from watching every stream they put out, to not wanting to watch them ever again, since I don't know what to believe anymore.

I will not be buying Rush Hour as it has completely lost it's luster, and in fact despite owning almost all DLC and buying a series X in anticipation was a big waste of money for a game I will never play again.

I am done, anyone want my xbox login info so you can take this game off of my hands?

• Like Like x 22
  45. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

"The three routes for Rush Hour will now release individually throughout the Summer. "
    Throughout the summer? So unless you have a different timeline, summer is only 8 weeks away. And you are still not able to give a date, when what should come out? And why is not everything just finished and then brought out, but now in pieces?

Especially with such negative information as today's article, you should have said something to at least take some explosiveness out of it.

The bottom line is that you now get less than previously announced, for a higher price and under different conditions. In addition with very strange reasons, which actually say nothing and seem more like a talk around, because one does not dare to call the real reasons.

Now you have angry people and that only because you announced things too early, which you now had to change. The credibility suffers and that is something that no company should afford. I hope you learn from this.

• Like Like x 13
  46. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

And just when you thought there's no way they will repeat the TSW2 "it's a completely new game" debacle!

shoot-yourself-in-foot-you-did.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  47. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I will say what rubs me the wrong way is how the article really avoids getting serious and fully acknowledging the changes that have been made.

I get it's meant to be promotional but it also is nice to be treated to a better, more fleshed out explanation to why the decisions have been made along with the announcement of the changes. I know the Q&A will *hopefully* be this, but right now we aren't being given the respect of being allowed into why decisions have been made.

This is over exaggerating the magnitude but its the best analogy I can think of; It's like a kind of grieving process. Right now we've been told about the removal of content, the price increase, the added content, and release split (and not really very clearly). A lot of change. Yet the article has left us behind on the explanation front so we are just left to ask "why?" and get lost in our own communication.
    If the article was clearer on every decision and why we'd at least just be left to judge our reaction on if we agree with the reasoning, rather than have to go through the process of feeling so left behind.

The Q&A shouldn't be a where the explanation is. The Q&A should be where we get any answers to the questions we have based on the explanation.

• Like Like x 9
  48. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

Really exciting q&a tomorrow. all eyes on dresden route.

• Like Like x 2
  49. trainsimplayer

Unless they do a miraculous U-turn it's going to end up the start of a new stage for the Community-DTG rift.

• Like Like x 8
  50. jolojonasgames

Yes, the way they bring this as positive news, as you now have the 'freedom' to buy just one route for the same amount as money that would have previously gotten you three, really rubs me the wrong way.

To a certain degree everyone can understand that tough decisions have to be made, but at least be open and honest about it, or better yet, ask the community whether they want either delayed or less content (I think a lot of people wouldn't have minded waiting longer for Riesa - Dresden if it meant we would get the S-bahn branches).

• Like Like x 8