Train Sim World 2 - Thursday Q&a - Ask Your Questions.

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Question- Does Dtg understand that consistency in marketing messaging is key to building trust in its player-base?

shortened route, staggered release, considerable markup on previously stated price— all being sold to us as the best thing since sliced bread.
    We have read your previous articles!

• Like Like x 23
  2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

3 questions for stream

why the sudden change of a pricing system after remaining fixed on the older pricing previously?

what has happened to Dresden flughafen?

is the season idea another word for delay?

• Like Like x 14
  3. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Will the HMA Layers be added with Rush Hour?
    With Koln - Aachen being "Rush Houred" will it get more default services, 49 isnt many for a rush hour upgrade.

• Like Like x 3
  4. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

How dose the season ticket work

5. AtherianKing

I presume like a season pass so when you buy it you will get the relevant content at launch of that content

6. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

So you buy the pass before you can even see reviews of the routes? That makes me feel really uneasy about their quality, definetely with HHL's initial state in mind.

• Like Like x 9
  7. AtherianKing

My assumption would be the pass will release at time of NEC Boston Providence

8. jolojonasgames

Yeah, but can I wait until all routes are released, and then buy the pass? I'd really like to see that answered in tomorrows stream. If waiting with my purchase until I know what the routes are actually like will mean I have to purchase them all separately (costing my three times as much money as I originally thought) as the pass is no longer available, I will be very, very, very unhappy with this decision.

• Like Like x 2
  9. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

Why is it named rush hour season ticket and not rush hour all route package?

10. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Season Passes like this usually remain available even after all content is released. So I assume it will be the case here, and I hope this is something they will answer in tomorrow's stream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. AtherianKing

i would have to assume the season ticket will available at the time all are released but not immediately with Brighton and Dresden

it therefore can’t be ruled out that these route could change aswell between that time

12. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Does the cut-off of the branches implies, that there will be no S1 and S2 Services at all on the route, or will they be at least playable til Coswig/Dresden-Neustadt?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yes you can.

upload_2021-7-21_17-21-12.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

same the main reason I liked riesa dresden the most was because the s-bahn branches and now they are only keeping the least interesting branch

15. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Question
    What was the reason for cutting Dresden 23km off, especially when the price goes up (for 3 routes)?

My thoughts (on Q1)
    I find it absoluetly mad to expect the playerbase to pay £10 more (provided they buy the pass) than was originally expected, AND have less content.

Throughout this entire "build-up" to rush hour, the diversity of Dresden has been pointed out numerous times on streams, and it was the only reason I (and others, look around!) were interested in Dresden.

My conclusion:
    Broken Promises, the community shouldn't be thrown to the side like this.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. AtherianKing

whilst I would never moan at a delay or a slight increase in price for 3 routes, the removal of content all at the same time draws the line here

• Like Like x 10
  17. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Crikey, dtg, I feel for you all. You really do have a hard time understanding your player base…

• Like Like x 12
  18. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Will the S2 still travel between Dresden Hauptbahnhof and Dresden Neustadt, even if it doesn't continue to dresden airport?

• Like Like x 1
  19. The SimTrain Tube

The SimTrain Tube Well-Known Member

I have a question about the HUD, would it be possible to disable the HUD, but still have the little dot, so you can still see where your pointing at. (Making it easier to grab any of the cab controls)

• Like Like x 2
  20. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Will the Br 375 and 465 be layered onto BML as AI trains since they run to London Victoria?

• Like Like x 7
  21. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Any news on HMA layers for console?

22. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

you can disable the hud in pieces. I don't know the keybinds of the top of my head but I think it was ctrl + number

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

will ps5 and series s/x versions have their own trophy/achievement lists?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. EpilepticWeasel

EpilepticWeasel Active Member

Will the upgrade from the current Xbox version to the next generation Xbox version reset any progress or will it work right in with what we have already done?
    After Rush Hour are there plans for more routes just like the last year of TSW2? Or are you anticipating this to be it for a while?

25. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Question: Considering it's obvious development doesn't go as planned, is the reason that a gradient profile is added to the pause menu rather than the HUD really because it's better gameplay, or is "immersion" just marketing language for "we're facing technical challenges and couldn't develop a better system"?

• Like Like x 7
  26. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Question: Now we have the three different routes being released at different times, with the availability to purchase each route separately, please can you explain how rush hour is special or unique compared to what we see happening at any other time of the year? The only difference to this special "summer release" is a bundle promotion to buy three DLCs cheaper than purchasing individually.

I understand that the routes will include new features, but as we've seen before, new features will work their way into the past and future DLCs.

It just appears to me, that a "summer release" is now just the quick sucession of three routes being released. Why bother? Why pool all resources, such as the preservation crew, when there really is no difference in what we get from any other time in the year?

• Like Like x 6
  27. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Question: While you were working on the gradient profile feature, did you also fix the gradient indicator HUD being reversed when sitting in cab #2 of a locomotive? (Also applies to the doors indicator HUD, which is also being shown inverted when controlling cab #2).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  28. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Was having the 3 routes a separate to keep download size smaller and why have it has 3 separate releases. Why make people wait for route that maybe they don't want and release at the same time

29. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

There is a GX depot there tho , it would be nice to see some depot moves there

• Like Like x 2
  30. Coastway trainspotter

Read the article

31. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Will Rush Hour routes be a new theme like we had with High Speed routes being a theme?

32. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Why shortening the German route? Couldn't it just be released later?

• Like Like x 5
  33. Ewan M

Ewan M Member

Will there be other Southern services that can be partially driven on Brighton Main Line? E.g the ones to Southampton and Bognor Regis

• Like Like x 4
  34. Coastway trainspotter

You mean towards hove on the west Coastway ? I hope so

35. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

This has been answered several times already. RH does not include the base game.

Note: The FAQ now says there will be a TSW2: RH Deluxe edition, so you can probably get the base game + RH cheaper than you would separately if you still do not own TSW2.

PS: The price for TSW2: Rush Hour Deluxe Edition is £44.99 / €49.99 / $49.99.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  36. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And DTG have really created a cleft stick for the customer.

Imagine a player is interested in NEC. Assume further that NEC is released to generally positive reviews, and he thinks he want to buy it. But now here is the Hobson's choice:
    1) Buy NEC soon after launch, for full price, and wind up eventually paying full price for all three routes
    2) Buy the bundle shortly after NEC is released, taking a blind gamble that RD and BML will be any good
    3) Wait and see on the bundle, meaning that he can't buy or play NEC until after all three are out and have been reviewed, many weeks later.

This is made worse, for me personally, by the fact that even the bundle is only a moderately discounted price for effectively two routes, since I have no interest in the emasculated Riesa-Dresden whatsoever.

• Like Like x 9
  37. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Good question. This seems like one of those features that DTG develops then they forget to add it to each new DLC.

• Like Like x 4
  38. jolojonasgames

ah yes, like the wet platform thingy

• Like Like x 6
  39. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

This is Hamburg-Lübeck all over again. One of these points, the playerbase would be unhappy, but well, we would get over it. But multiple problems, stacked up again, that is an absolute no-go, no learning from previous mistakes :/

• Like Like x 6
  40. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

It'll automatically upgrade to the Series X version when the update is released.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. jolojonasgames

I do think this is worse than HHL, regression is worse than no change at all.

• Like Like x 4
  42. AtherianKing

it seems to make the Hamburg Lübeck issue look like a slight delay

43. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

It's just an update to the game files (with added bits for Xbox S/X users), not a completely new game - provided you log into the game using the same username, it'll keep your progress.

44. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

^^^

• Like Like x 3
  45. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

What did you learn from Hamburg-Lubeck? And, as developers, what's your opinion about the "recycled trains" thing, and why is it so difficult to make changes to existing models (lack of high door DoStos, BR143 vs 112). Surely if it's as difficult as making a model from scratch we would have already had a plethora of german electrics and US Diesels.

Do you think that the roadmap might have hindered the company from a PR standpoint? While it's great for us to know what's going on behind the scenes, it also puts negative events under the spotlight while before the roadmap we wouldn't have even known they happened, is it a selfless move for the benefit of the community or do you thing the positives outweighs the negatives?

Do you have any plans to have a "secondary roadmap" so we can track bugs like we used to when there was the forum post accompanying the main roadmap or is that just unfeasible?

Can we expect any surprises after Rush Hour? Have you already decided on the "next batch" of routes that would come out in late 2021?

• Like Like x 4
  46. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

How Is NEC coming along?

• Like Like x 1
  47. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

As to that, the six routes for the next fiscal year were chosen back in Feb-March. Three of them we know, the other three we don't yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I would have asked, "When is the next batch of routes and locomotives going to be added to the road map, before or after Rush Hour release?"

The question I have for the big Q&A stream is now this:

What happened to the "Only promise what you can deliver" policy that was put in place last year to specifically avoid disappointing your customers?

• Like Like x 14
  49. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Some questions I like to see answered:

- Can you elaborate a bit more on the scenario planner 2.0? Which direction will it move? More like the scenario editor in TS2021 or something else?
    - Will TrackIR only support the TRackIr system or also other variants like this one https://store.steampowered.com/app/929270/ViewTracker/
    - How much time will pass between the first and last Rush Hour route?
    - The Rush Hour routes definitely will show a fair number of issues. You still have a large backlog of routes released earlier this year that have serious issues. Though the preserved collection team is doing a good job, which is appreciated very much, it seems you cannot resolve bugs in the newer routes and stock in a timely fashion. Clinchfield is an example, but also the tunnel issue of SEH is only solved partially not to speak about the timetable issues at routes line SEH and Arosa> What can we expect for this? Yes, I know it is not on the roadmap, but that in itself is bad news.
    - For the core update all content needs to be released again due to the Unreal upgrade. This may be acceptable for one time, but as the number of routes is increasing very fast, this way of working probably is not scalable. Can you comment on this observation?
    - I can understand the increased price for the Rush Hour season pass, but why such a huge discount for new players? It looks like you do not value existing and loyal players.

• Like Like x 4
  50. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

If, as has been stated elsewhere, more news is to be delivered in tomorrow's stream, will this also be made available in a written form for the benefit of those who don't want to watch the inevitable (and arguably justified) carnage?

• Like Like x 7