My Rush Hour Protest

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jul 21, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, of course.

85 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. Absolutely not.

53 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Maybe.

77 vote(s)
    35.8%
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

My acceptance of a price increase to £34.99 was based on the extra Reigate branch on BML, which other users have since said is only one extra stop and less than 2-miles of track with everything else unchanged. However, the slashing of 23km of branch line from Riesa-Dresden and burying this in the FAQ and not telling us in the main article is utterly shameful.

Instead of paying £34.99 for all three routes, I might now wait until each £24.99 route is heavily discounted and swerve Riesa-Dresden altogether - that’s if I even buy anything.

DTG is treating its customers with contempt now and they are getting away with it time after time. The only way to stop this is to hit them where it hurts. The bank account.

Are you going to continue spending money with DTG when they treat us this way?

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION:
    If Riesa-Dresden is released without the previously indicated branch lines, I won’t be buying the Pass and I won’t be buying Riesa-Dresden. I’ll also wait until the other two Rush Hour routes are heavily discounted before buying them. Will you?

It’s not about the money, I don’t mind paying more for better quality, longer routes. But slashing the Riesa-Dresden route length by 20% (even though the reason for splitting Rush Hour into three was to dedicate more time to each route to make them as good as they could be) is a hard pill to swallow.

I’m hoping this protest will encourage DTG to change course.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 33
  2. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

If I want to play the game then of course, il buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. phildenty

phildenty Member

They (DTG) seem to care more about PC users more than console users in my opinion

• Like Like x 5
  4. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

How?
    Explain

• Like Like x 3
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I will probably only buy stuff I really want until DTG get their act together.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

If the missing km are reinstated to the German route I would be ok with paying the higher price. Making 3 brand new routes for what was 1/3 the usual price is a hefty discount I can understand.

Although it is still unforgivable to publish your intentions for a product as a selling point and then remove it (at the same time as announcing a price rise!)
    To treat us with contempt by increasing price and reducing already stated content is not going to wash.

• Like Like x 10
  7. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Since when did they annunce that the price had changed or have I misread this thread ?

8. phildenty

phildenty Member

1.PC users can pre-order new routes and locos where console users can't
    2, PC users get more sales on Steam.
    must I go on?

• Like Like x 2
  9. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Well that’s up to Sony and Microsoft with the sales. Not DTG.
    With Pre Orders too I’m guessing.

• Like Like x 10
  10. phildenty

phildenty Member

Oh OK thanks for putting me right on this

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They’ve released an article today. It’s gone down like a cup of cold sick.

• Like Like x 4
  12. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

“At this point, they’ll buy anything” said some business executive at DTG.

I still want the other 2 routes though, so I’ll be purchasing the season ticket since that gives them a reduced price regardless. I will be expecting much greater quality than I’ve ever seen, but it remains to be seen if they deliver. Good luck with your protest though.

• Like Like x 5
  13. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I know it's still money off routes, which fir me being an xbox player is probably the closest to a sale I'll get on these routes for a while, but i might as well buy the deluxe version of TSW2. I hope for DTGs sake that the rush hour bundle doesn't bring too much disappointment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really don’t want to have to post threads like this. I want to absolutely love DTG and Train Sim World. But Jeez, they really don’t make it easy with the decisions they make.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

I had already written that I would only buy new things if DTG ever built in new features that really represent something new.

Before that, I don't see any point in buying anything.

A company that does not want to develop further and has resisted it for years, not even showing on a test basis whether something is possible or impossible, makes big entrepreneurial mistakes.

Take a look, as already mentioned, at SCS from ETS2. It took them a full 7 years to see how much the community wanted to drive together, for example.

---

DTG is now forever and three days to keep releasing new versions without any real added value. Sure, TSW2 was necessary again because of outdated software and performance problems, but since then there has not been a single new innovative idea.

That with some paint stuff is just copied from other games because DTG noticed that this is popular. It never had any added value, since no one except the player himself sees it anyway.

Now there are some timetables, copied from TML-Studio "TheBus", again nothing innovative, because you can only experience that with yourself and the AI. Then again new routes that will again contain errors.

Why not, as other companies do, simply select community members from the forum, get them a code that is valid for two weeks - let them drive the route, get bug reports - and have a much better basis for reflection is still to me today a mystery.

On the one hand, DTG has been arguing for years with a lack of staff and ideas, then you write ideas here, get no feedback for weeks and months, and then complain in the streams that they have no time for anything at all - that's my humor. And I'm sure that many here would be happy to use the time to support DTG. And bug-finding is the easiest system to get a better product.

And it wouldn't be that difficult, since Steam offers a large number of options, especially for such short beta tests. To do this, a menu like in TheBus F1 - allow feedback (in all main languages) -> done. Then put a team on for a month, fix bugs -> the game or the track would be done. No, it is better to throw out, again, individual routes that are then 9 months in processing route maps.

In the current video you can now hear short announcements like "Please hold your ticket" etc. Great, the train stations now have sound files, what do they bring you apart from a little more flair at the train station?

BusSimulator18 already had that, so it was over 4-5 years ago. Will now be sold with the price as "Innovative".

We live in the year 2021 and DTG as a large company doesn't even manage to provide sound files for the routes, also as downloads for the FIS program, if you like. Even if they weren't originals.

Well, you can argue here that Corona has closed the studios, but you haven't even tried - or is anyone aware of a thread where it says that it was tried? It's just a shame that DTG is so reluctant to do anything - except for route creation. Routes routes routes, even if many of them are not on their own.

In terms of innovation, 2021 should have been over, because as we know DTG, you need another 5 months after the release to fix the worst bugs, But I had already written something on this topic in the above section.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i dont mind paying the extra tenner for the routes for what was stated originally.
    but to go back on there word is unforgivable and cut route lengths. so now im 50/50 on buying rush hour

• Like Like x 5
  17. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

I believe that if this were true, there would be official sharing of liveries and scenarios.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I assume that there are enough players who are eager to buy new content, regardless of price, quality and other details.
    And that's sad, because that' s a completely contradictory sign to what most people want, which is better quality, flawless functionality and immersive details, all at a reasonable price. And of course we want them to deliver on their promise.
    So, for me there's only one possible answer to the initial question of this thread: Absolutely not!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

This is correct.

20. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Let's be real. Today for some is a pretty big disappointment. But I'll still buy stuff in the future if I want it. But after today's cut of the only route I want in Rush Hour, then I'll take the advice often given. If you don't like it, don't buy it. In this case I no longer want the product and I'm very disappointed. I've no doubt DTG will release something I do want in the future though.

I'm certainly not buying a Season Ticket that after 2 hours of the first route will not be refundable (on Steam)

• Like Like x 2
  21. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Im still gonna get the Season Pass especially for NEC and Brighton Mainline, not so excited for Riesa but ill take for the jam packed amount of locos

• Like Like x 2
  22. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Why on earth do you need to pre order digital content, Really, its not as if they are going to run out of digital copies on release day is it now?

Regards
    Hentis

Edited as its hard to type on a moving bus lol

• Like Like x 8
  23. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Exactly, this seems insane to me. Even with a 10% discount it’s hardly worth it for a company with such a spotty release day record

• Like Like x 1
  24. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

This is my complaint as well. I get that plans change - that's just software development for you, but this should have been clearly drawn attention to. Such significant changes to an already announced product need to be communicated clearly and transparently.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Of course our protests are always quashed and ignored; just look at Hamburg lubeck dostos- a massive disappointment.
    Dovetail Games, you should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you do this to us!- but why am I surprised. Dtg being dtg

• Like Like x 3
  26. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

BML will probably be the last DLC I buy as I've always wanted this route. After that no. I've got what I needed* and I'm outta here

*Once they figure out what they want to do with the routes after the stream tomorrow :mad:

• Like Like x 4
  27. Irish Train sim

Think it’s being blown out of proportion. 3 routes for £35 is still fantastic value. “Protesting” over unseen demo, really?

• Like Like x 4
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The vote is proving decisive as I suspected it would. I hope it’s not falling on deaf ears.

• Like Like x 2
  29. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Probably is failing on death ears- this is dtg

30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s really not about the money. I think most people were prepared to pay £34.99 until we found out there has been a bit of a slash-fest on Riesa-Dresden.

• Like Like x 6
  31. Irish Train sim

Decisive? Really? There are more maybe’s than anything so if anything, it shows as indecisive. When there is 1 vote in it between buying and not buying in the favour of buying…. I rest my case….

• Like Like x 1
  32. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Grumble something or other - someone

• Like Like x 2
  33. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It is proving decisive. If you read my full post at the beginning. You only have to look at the rest of the many many many forum posts on the matter.

34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That, and the staggered release makes the bundle/pass thingy far less appealing, since many players, I believe, like me never, ever buy in advance.

So we have that in addition to a) DTG ruining Riesa-Dresden, turning it into yet another boring A-B German route with the same old trains and the same old repetitive building/tree assets. I already have five versions of that same route, why would I want another? And b) not even being upfront about it, trying to hide it in a FAQ file (as if nobody would notice).

• Like Like x 4
  35. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Agreed. If I buy the pass today, whose to say DTG don't decide again to shorten or lessen the value of any of the three routes? What is 50km today could be halved tomorrow. DTG have some nerve trying to get money upfront while intentionally burying major project decisions in the FAQ.

• Like Like x 6
  36. trainsimplayer

If you care to explore the forums you'll see there is a lot more unanimous feeling than this poll;

I'll point out that nobody is complaining about the price increase itself, but because we are getting a reduced piece of content (Dresden losing branches), yet have to pay more.

There are calls for Rush Hour to be delayed to buy DTG time to bring the branches back, and you'll think the overall trend across the forums is that this should happen.

This poll is asking if you will keep buying DTG Content. Ain't asking if you'll buy Rush Hour, ain't asking what you think about Rush Hour.

I rest my case ;).

• Like Like x 3
  37. Irish Train sim

If you look at your own post, you’ve said the vote is proving decisive… it isn’t. At time of writing, there is one vote in favour of people buying. It’s not decisive at all, unless you mean divisive, which is the opposite of what you’ve said.

• Like Like x 1
  38. trainsimplayer

Irish Train sim take a look at this before you continue.

39. Irish Train sim

What exactly is decisive about it? It’s hardly everyone saying they aren’t going to buy…

seems to me that some people want to focus on negatives before even seeing a demo.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Where’s the article please?

41. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

42. trainsimplayer

If you aren't aware, we are being charged more then we were going to be, and getting less (thanks to Dresden). That's why everyone is annoyed.

• Like Like x 1
  43. antony.henley

By the looks of it, its the same version as Riesa - Dresden that does NOT INCLUDE the Meißen and Dresden Flughafen branches. So wheres the beef coming from TS2021 version does not have them.

20210721202939_1.jpg Meiben Portal above
    Meiben Branch (which if this is in TSW2 RH we wont be able to run down it any way)
    20210721203245_1.jpg 20210721203038_1.jpg

Above full Route map. Dresdnen Bottom Center , Riesa top left

Will I buy it, I really do not see a problem with an extra £10, $10 or 10 euros to be honest.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  44. trainsimplayer

It's because A) we were practically promised it and B) they are the main sources of Service variety and that "network" feel, something in high demand after the success of Glasgow Cathcart Circle.

• Like Like x 3
  45. antony.henley

We were? (I honestly was not aware to be honest).
    But this is the real world and things change. It happens. Like I said they do not appear in the TS version of it so I would not have thought it would have appeared in the TSW version.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  46. trainsimplayer

When they go on about the variety the branches brings on stream, it's in practise a promise. It may not be in writing, however there is no going back without a massive backlash, as we have seen today.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Irish Train sim

I am fully aware. I just don’t see how the vote was decisive. More people willing to pay than not.

• Like Like x 2
  48. trainsimplayer

Just a reminder "Maybe" doesn't mean yes.
    Nor does it mean no.

Most people in poll didn't vote flat-out 'yes'

I think that's what the other user was meaning, judging by the context.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That’s exactly what I meant. I haven’t myself flat out refused to buy anything else at this point, but I have to say, given the way DTG has gone about this, I feel very reluctant to buy anything else. I feel like I’m having the Mickey taken out of me.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

All the ‘maybe’ votes could become ‘no’ votes depending on how DTG handles this backlash - there are a fair amount of solid ‘no’ votes too. Far fewer have voted to carry on buying regardless.

• Like Like x 2