Train Sim World 2 - Now All Summer Long

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Oh without a doubt it’s a big issue for most people looking forward to the route as it was initially planned, which will be many people, but having made that decision it’s the way DTG tucked that info away which should be a big issue for everyone. I’d missed it and only saw it after people here were complaining about it, that’s how well it was hidden. I didn’t expect to have to read the full faqs to find something that important, and nobody should have to find things out that way.

• Like Like x 11
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I can't agree more.

The fallout would have been miniscule if they said "we need longer, and may need to charge more, but you will still get what we promised you".

However, they decided to do things the hard way, and, welllll...

• Like Like x 15
  3. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

i knew 29.99 would be too goo to be true. i'll wait for a sale instead of getting it straight away then. it just seems like a cheap way to milk us. go figure, the one time they offer a season pass (when they said its not something they do) it ends up costing more than their initial price. how did the meeting go? "hey, lets up the cost by 10 for a bundle and charge the normal price per route. everyone will still get the bundle and we'll earn more money by doing nothing!"

• Like Like x 3
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

You will probabily buy it because if you want L2B and NEC you will have to pay 60€ instead of €40 to get less content... so you are kind of ""forced"" to buy it.

5. trainsimplayer

• Like Like x 10
  6. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

This is unbelievable.
    They can increase the price they announced, but they can't change the release date to deliver what they promised to give us at Riesa-Dresden?
    Either way, we the players always end up losing.
    When I see DTG I already start to think "Disappointment Games".

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  7. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

I don't understand this year's concept of a "summer release". Now the routes will be released separately, and can be purchased individually, then apart from a "buy three routes for a special deal" promotion, it is no different from what we see during the rest of the year!

They should just focus on core updates and improvements, and build and release DLCs as they usually do throughout the year, with newer DLCs receiving the newest updates, while the preservation crew work on the rest.

DTG have once again created their own issue that didn't need to exist.

• Like Like x 4
  8. trainsimplayer

Nobody is forced to buy it.

If you only want 1 route you would buy that route.

The member you replied to didn't state what routes they wanted, so it's up to them.

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As I posted in the other thread, some will read Season Ticket as Season Pass, expecting ongoing access to upcoming content releases. At best the choice of words is... clumsy if not a little misleading. If DTG persist with the nomenclature then perhaps they need to emphatically state it is purely for the three Rush Hour routes and not future stuff.

As regards Rush Hour itself, well the German and American routes are of little interest and a Brighton Line without CIGs, VEPs and EPBs is not worth a full price purchase. The bundle will be 50% off by Christmas.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

So you dont want it to be released then, makes perfect sense to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I'm just worried it won't end like HMA on consoles. Console owners were given an empty route with little traffic. I want to buy a PlayStation 5 when it's normally on sale. I don't mind the price increase. I will continue to wait for more information and then decide to buy Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 2
  12. trainsimplayer

The only benefit for literally anyone is...

You might get some extra likes
    Screenshot_20210721_173755.jpg
    I'm up about a hundred since I came online a while ago.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

So I buy the Season Pass, then 2 weeks later they announce that they are cutting BML ( which if you notice in the FAQ's the route name has changed to London Commuter) down to only Victoria to Gatwick?

Just the way this release seems to be going I could see it happening.

• Like Like x 4
  14. trainsimplayer

Just to clarify, it is still Brighton Mainline, the Pass' steam page refers to it as that.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you are not forced to do anything (that's why the inverted commas), but no one in their right minds would buy 1 DLC for a 10 €/$ discount for 1/3 of the content, let alone paying more money to get 2/3 of the content

16. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I have to ask who at DTG thought doing three routes at once was a good idea? Everyone was raising that concern the moment it was announced, and the response was that everything would be fine. There's clearly been a significant miscalculation by whoever made that decision if they're already adjusting plans. Pretty egregious too considering pretty much everyone knew there would be issues hitting the deadline. Yet a head of the development team and who should absolutely know the teams capabilities better than everyone else didn't see these issues coming? It's always been pretty obvious there's severe management and communication problems at DTG, but this really shows it in action,

Also DTG better have made sure the new NEC's a winner, because if it's a dud you're gonna have many negative reviews for the Rush Hour pack in no time. Because these routes are tied together so heavily that could hurt sales for the latter two routes a ton if that happens.
    There's many indie games that £11 could get you, that could also get you half way to a season pass for most games. Also you gotta consider that Rush Hour's coming in place of the normal yearly route refresh. And honestly I think I'd preferred them doing the normal thing of including two existing routes and a new one over this. Most people aren't buying that many routes, so those refreshes are effectively three new routes for most people. Said package is £11 less than what we have in Rush Hour, from that perspective Rush Hour's a worse deal.

Plus at least personally there's a few pretty solid routes they've made in the last year that while I'm not exactly rushing to pay retail or sale price for I would for a updated TSW2 bundle. In comparison I have no interest in anything but the US route with Rush Hour. And even that I'm not overly thrilled with that considering the short nature of it, and I'm very concerned they're not gonna give the ACS-64 the love it need considering how the previous NEC turned out.

Plus instead of getting all the routes right away on someday in August, you're instead going to be waiting months before you can play them. It's one thing when the place making it has a solid track record of making quality content, I'll happily preorder something like a Smash Bros Fighter Pass or Metroid Dread because of the track records of the people and studios making them. Furthermore with the latter they already shown a hour of gameplay, which greatly reduces any worries one might have about it. DTG unfortunately don't have that luxury, knowing their record it's gonna be a complete coin flip if these routes are any good or not.

• Like Like x 7
  17. trainsimplayer

Well actually, if you're only interested in one route, it makes more sense to buy one. It's cheaper than the pass if you only want the one.

18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If you were intending on purchasing something , then you have every right to complain . However if you have no intention on buying something , then you don’t really need to make loads of complaints

• Like Like x 2
  19. trainsimplayer

It's called opinions.

If someone doesn't want to buy something they have every right to saw why.

• Like Like x 8
  20. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

I was going to buy rush hour on day one. If the only change was staggering releases, I would certainly still be buying it, though probably only after the last had released. However, with a major selling point of one route removed, combined with a price increase, I won't be buying any of it.
    If DTG want my money, they can reinstate the branches. That is all I have to say on the matter.

• Like Like x 10
  21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'll concede that, but how sure are you that you will never ever want any of the other two? Because at that point you'd be better off with the pass, I'd get the pass just because it's much better value for money TBH

22. trainsimplayer

Hear, hear!

• Like Like x 2
  23. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It will be annoying for people who want 2 routes tho , then they have to pay £50 for 2 when people with SP will get 3 for £35

• Like Like x 1
  24. trainsimplayer

Well following the removal of Dresden's branches: certain.

I was only interested in NEC as part of the original bundle. So now that's gone I don't care for it. And Dresden us just a "no" now.

• Like Like x 2
  25. trainsimplayer

I think if you want 2 you'd probably just buy the pass.

26. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

What about London to Brighton? What if it will be necessary to use the 387 in other routes?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

This does not follow at all. You're saying the reason for the price increase is that the routes will be individually purchasable.

I agree that it is still good value, so the best thing would have been to get it right from the beginning. Second best thing would be to break the news in a better way...

Very unfortunate that this also comes with not only a delay but reduced content, too. I would expect maybe one of the three.

Seriously, stop trying to twist things into something good and justify it with fake reasons. I still remember the GWR release, where it was decided to "extend the preorder window to allow more people to purchase at preorder discount", which "unfortunately" meant that we had to wait longer, but that "fortunately" it meant there would be more time to develop the route.

• Like Like x 3
  28. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I'd like to know who decided that building and releasing three routes simultaneously would be viable, as well as achievable? At times they struggle with one route as it is.

Ironically DTG tells us to keep our expectations low, but I think they need to tell themselves that instead.

• Like Like x 19
  29. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

All the hype leading up to this... I should have known DTG would let us down one more time...
    More money, less content. And I thought RDO's update was underwhelming!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  30. trainsimplayer

You said the "other two".

BML is my route of interest.

• Like Like x 2
  31. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saved up for my Series X too, pay rent, buy food, etc.

This is a piece of DLC software... It's not a necessity, it's a luxury (like our Xboxes). If the extra cost means you don't buy it for another week or month, the world isn't going to end.

As for rewards points, you know you can earn them by doing other things other than playing TSW, don't you? You haven't said if you're on Gamepass or not, but if you are just install the games listed on the achievements page to grab an achievement and then delete them... And if you're not on Gamepass you can still get loads of points by doing the daily tasks, running the app on your phone, doing Bing searches, etc... It soon adds up.

• Like Like x 1
  32. arekev

arekev Active Member

Now I don't post much in this forum but I do feel very angry about today's news. It is not that we now have to pay a extra £10 pounds for the three routes as this is still a big saving on buying them separately. The news that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that you have cut the Risa-Dresden route. It was tuning out to be the most complete route with a lot of different movements going on and now it is like all the German routes before it. You set the deadline for it to come out in the summer but I don't mind if it gets delayed to the autumn so we can get the complete route with the Meiben and Dresden branches included.

Another point is don't announce anything to us before you know you can deliver it. You announce to us it was 105 km before cutting it to 82 km because you can't get it done in the time frame. Well just extended your time frame then. We are paying a extra tenner for you to give us what was written when you announced Rush Hour in the first place !!

• Like Like x 23
  33. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Apologies I misread your post, although I have a feeling BRD will be required for all layers and Pres.Co will become useless, so I'm not sure if it's worth skipping it

34. bakedpotatos.jm

Steam still shows the old information. It's not Riesa Dresden any more either.

From the updated DTG FAQ. Screenshot_20210721-104925_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  35. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Well, well, well. This sure is a fun discussion to view here. It is quite unfortunate that Riesa-Dresden is heavily downgraded, and will probably blend in with the other German routes in the game. Clinchfield will remain the longest route in TSW for a while then.

But hey, has anybody pointed this out? The Bakerloo Line and Koln-Aachen will get the Rush Hour passenger system, not just the Rush Hour routes! I think that's a small positive from today.
    upload_2021-7-21_9-54-30.png

• Like Like x 7
  36. bakedpotatos.jm

No I'm not on Gamepass. I literally bought it just for TSW 2. I don't play anything else and only have this game installed.

I did not know that about the rewards that is good advice thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  37. trainsimplayer

Reminder that all the rolling stock on Dresden already exists.

• Like Like x 1
  38. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

And I own it all, but what if next german route used the BR146 as a layer, but it uses the BRD 146 and not the MSB 146, so BRD will be required instead of MSB.

We already saw this happening for SKA, you have to use the RRO 442, if you only have HRR you don't get the 442 on SKA.

• Like Like x 1
  39. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Weird to announce an all summer type pass when July is nearly done. I have no faith that all this is released before early or mid September

And that video in the article is a waste of everyone’s time. If it doesn’t add anything, even simple aesthetic value, then leave it out. Completely useless. Less is more

very disappointed DTG.

• Like Like x 14
  40. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Also, the pricing model plain doesn't make much sense to me. It only barely makes sense to buy a single route. You must really hate the other routes not to get the bundle.

• Like Like x 2
  41. trainsimplayer

I don't have any German routes outside of SKA anyway so I'm not fussed.

• Like Like x 1
  42. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

This is my concern as well. I have an X1X (which isn't a million miles behind the performance of Series S) but with no mention of anything specific for this console I fear that i'm going to be once again lumped in with standard XB1's with the only 'rush hour' being the same dozen or so passengers just walking a bit faster on the platforms.

I've no concerns over price, although much like the launch of TSW2 I would much prefer to play it all at the same time so there's a high likelihood I'll purchase it on it's completion, with the added bonus of possibly picking it up on sale. It also gives me the opportunity to (a) see first hand any levels of compromise for last gen (and 'nearly last gen' X1X's) consoles and more importantly (b) see if DTG keep to their word about ensuring each release doesn't fall short in the quality department.

My only question to DTG is: Why isn't the season ticket £24.99? It's the same content as originally announced, with the only difference being is that it's split over three releases, so in a logical world it should still be the same price as originally announced.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  43. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

I don't understand the connection. Why is a change to Season Ticket automatically a price increase?

• Like Like x 4
  44. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's weird? Because we don't give you all content at once you should probably pay more seems illogical at best and an excuse for price gouging at worst.

• Like Like x 2
  45. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It's not about that, if in the future another german route is released, and has 2 new trains, and a ton of layers from BDR, you will miss out on a lot of content, just for that I think BDR is worth it, especially if you don't have any other german stuff, and especially if you are paying only a fraction more and you would also get NEC

46. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

I think the price is still cheap for 3 routes even with the route changes. What makes me a bit disappointed is that they announced something in first place and now they changed their plans. I have thought this many times that maybe DTG should wait a bit longer when announcing that something is coming. For example this or the editor. People will then expect much and get upset when plans change. I think the roadmap format is good but maybe they should announce what is coming when they are absolutely sure about it and what is included. I kind of liked the time before roadmaps when DTG used to tease us with hints of upcoming add-ons or updates and then the guessing game started! :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

To be fair, the Brighton Mainline is such an epic route, it's worth full price no matter what it has running on it.

• Like Like x 3
  48. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Well, it would seem a little unfair to give future layers only to BRD owners, while RSN and MSB owners have paid for the same trains.

• Like Like x 1
  49. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

Would I prefer to pay £25 instead of £35? Of course, who wouldn't... Is it still value for money? Yes, I think so - the routes would be £75 at any other time, so bundled together it's still good value.

The thing is, I haven't paid any money for this as yet, so it's cost me nothing... DTG can change their mind about the release, and I can change my mind as to whether I want to buy it or not, depending on what they do (or don't do) with the DLC.

Unlike another game I could mention which involves driving in the snow, I purchased that with a Season Pass which was good for all future content at the time I bought it. Now it's not - there's a second year pass, which was never mentioned originally, and which costs more money. Do I feel a little bit cheated? Yes, of course I do, because I'm not getting what was promised when I handed my money over.

Nobody is being forced to buy this... At least they're giving us all a heads-up before you're in the queue, cash in your hands, only to face disappointment at the last second. The stream tomorrow will be interesting, and I have no doubt they'll explain more then, but I'm not going to call for the crew at DTG to be strung up or anything based on little more than a press release.

• Like Like x 4
  50. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

I am seriously disappointed with the deletion of the other branches for Riesa - Dresden...now it is basically another A-B route in Germany...we already have quite some of them.

I was hoping for a Cathcart Circle kinda network route for Germany.

• Like Like x 3