Train Sim World 2 - Now All Summer Long

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Tesla don’t sell their cars 3 for £35 though ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They wouldn’t be able to make them fast enough if they did lol.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Please Tesla do this
    A model x or cybertruck would be nice
    I can bake a cake

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

No routes have been removed so thisa is not true.

5. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Even the title of the article is wrong. Half the Summer is already gone so it won't be all Summer long. Still no release dates at all. It should more be Get Your Season Ticket to Rush for Fall.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I think it’s time dtg just stops big yearly bonanza releases. They clearly don’t have the resources to do it.

• Like Like x 9
  7. acro

acro Active Member

This is because Rockstar rakes in money with online services such as GTA Online which is astronomically profitable and Tesla, which was mostly funded using money from other extremely profitable business ventures by an incredibly wealthy person, now literally has subscription services to upgrade the power of your car. Rockstar long ago ran out of goodwill and Tesla is currently in the process of doing so. These changes happened because the way these companies operated before clearly was not profitable (enough). I am not agreeing with these practices, but that becomes a political argument. I'm just saying that from a business stand point, what is currently occurring likely is the most profitable thing to do.

I would absolutely love DTG to say "To hell with it" and delay the route in order to allow it to be what was originally promised but from a business standpoint that is not viable. All of these companies/their stakeholders know that the majority of customers will still purchase a product even if it under delivers, this is doubly true if there is little competition in the space the product occupies. Look at Cyberpunk, a complete mess of a game that lacked so much that it promised. As soon as it was put back on the PS Store it became the number one selling game on there for that week.

• Like Like x 4
  8. bakedpotatos.jm

But the major selling point to one of the routes was the multiple branches and they are gone.. so quite right in saying a major selling point of one route removed.

Not the route he just means the selling point of the route is gone.

• Like Like x 7
  9. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

So, I don't wade in on this sort of thing often. I happen to believe that certain members of the community can be unnecessarily harsh on DTG, I appreciate the work that they do and enjoy their product. I am, like so many others, disappointed with this news.

Price difference - Perfectly fine. A route costs £25, and we're getting three for £35. I am ok with this. Yes, it would have been easier to swallow if the lower price hadn't already been announced, but plans change.

Staggered release - Fine. I am firmly in the 'release it when it's ready' camp. I completely understand why there's no release dates, plans change, sh*t happens, make it worth buying and I'll buy it.

Dresden neutering - Not OK. This is, as many others have said, the difference between a cookie-cutter DB route and a true network. I want my products to have multiple branches or routes or options, HBK is one of my least played addons and I seriously considered refunding it because it adds nothing to the litany of DB stuff that already exists.

If neutering Dresden was the only change, it would be disappointing, but we move on. However, cutting this large part out, AND increasing the price, AND delaying parts of the release is unacceptable.

Delay Dresden. We'll wait. Make it right. Make it well. In six months we'll all have forgotten that we had to wait longer for the route, and we'll all still be enjoying a route that should be the one thing TSW has always lacked - ALIVE.

Please.

• Like Like x 25
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

London to Brighton hasn't been cut. It's just another bad advertising decision by DTG to call it 'London Commuter'

• Like Like x 1
  11. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

I didn't say a route had been removed. I said that a major selling point of a route (the branch lines on Riesa-Dresden) have been removed. This is true.

• Like Like x 4
  12. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

After these changes, I'm a bit concerned on potentially more changes, not just to Dresden, but the other two routes if things don't go to plan.

Yeah Reigate is a nice bonus, even if a very short distance (from Redhill it takes about four minutes travel time). Reigate services run approximately every 30 mins with six stops before getting to Victoria using mostly 4-car sets .

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Well blow me down. 7 pages of feedback in less than 12 hours of the article being posted? Gotta be a record.

any one at DTG listening? I hope so.

I’m totally with everyone else regarding the map/route chopping, price hike. Yes it’s a hike as the price has gone up from its original announcement. (Ok decent ish value compared to recent routes still but not the point) £24.99 was a steal and the increase will put ALOT of people off. Imagine the most keen will put up the extra tenner but this will backfire and they will miss out of the what could have been crazy income.

the season pass (ticket) idea isn’t a bad one, just a obvious oversight and better planning needed maybe… (I’m sure it’s an honest mistake and somethings are taking longer than planned)

the Victoria - Brighton route should go all the way? Clues in the name. If the route does stop at LGW… pft.. why. Let’s wait and see rather than guess (in a few weeks of course)

Oh and to the poster who said new German routes are getting boring. You/we are not alone. Ham-Lubeck… even at a £5 discount it’s a massive letdown. (Felt half built, here are some station steps and areas that look nice, you can’t explore them though. Why, other routes have some decent freedom to roam)

I for one will most likely skip the stream as there will be some much disappointment on the chat. It’ll be near Unwatchable.

Now… who had a chuckle at the article where it read “ the season ticket will be available on all platforms” ?? :D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Hidden Donkey

The anoucment on Thursday, its not Thursday yet.

15. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

It is on the continent :)

16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

And everywhere in the Eastern Hemisphere except this forsaken Isle and Spain and stuff.

17. bakedpotatos.jm

Well let's see what they do announce. Since Nat has already said it won't be a release date..unless that was misleading as well.

But the way I figure the earliest will be next week for a release date and then 2 weeks for the release so the earliest will middle of August for the first route.

And well they have said little time between releases which judging from the past when we have been told something is little bit away I figure 4 weeks between each.

So one in August, one in September and the last one will be October. So much for all summer long!

Here in Calgary literally there will be snow on the ground for sure by the 3rd release maybe even before the second release.

It has been known to snow here the first week of September in fact 4 times in the last 10 years.

• Like Like x 3
  18. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I accidentally put that the announcement was tonight as opposed to tomorrow in my initial post. I was being corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

They will read it through (I hope) and then come up with some weak excuse like last time (Dostos on HHL)

• Like Like x 5
  20. jolojonasgames

'23 km? What's the difference really, looks pretty much the same to me' might genuinely be what we get, and that scares me a little. Could they really be that out of touch?

I really, really hope they will listen to the community.

• Like Like x 7
  21. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Well, there goes my excitement for Riesa-Dresden. I do not mind the staggered release whatsoever, and although the price hike is unexpected, it is not unreasonable for such a bundle. However I am very disappointed in the decision for BRD. It is not the mileage that is cut that bothers me, but the fact that it was some of the most interesting parts. Users saying that "20% of the route was cut" does not quite capture the full picture. Much more than 20% of the experience has been cut by removing the branchlines. I was very much looking forward to a network-style DE route but now I will have to reconsider. I own every single German route except for Hamburg-Lübeck because I decided I was tired of A to B mainline routes, and I was really looking forward to finally having something new in Germany. But if I can skip Hamburg-Lübeck for being a mainline route, despite its acclaimed scenery, I will probably not mind missing out on Riesa-Dresden as well. That is a shame, because the original route plan was perfect.

Cheers

• Like Like x 14
  22. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

ALL Three route Coming in summer no in fall. Oktober dir Brighton is no Summer!!!!.I mean all Three Coming in August or Beginn September no Late.

• Like Like x 1
  23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Rather removes the point of "Rush Hour" to cut out the actual commuter lines!

• Like Like x 13
  24. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

British Summer Time runs until the final weekend in October...

• Like Like x 1
  25. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

Do you no what I find really sad about all this its not the change of price or the less of a route you get its the people who moan when they can't get what they want for a change the people at dovetail. Don't deserve you insults nor ya bad mouthing they work hard and do a good job at the end of the day its a game for god sake you play it for the enjoyment If you don't like don't buy it its that simple people

Maybe dovetail have made a bad mistake but let them find that out from people not buying it actions are louder than words

But bad.mouthing and saying out of order stuff to there team well.maybe you need a.reaity check and grow up respect is something earned so if you have something to say do it in the right way not in the wrong

• Like Like x 5
  26. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

BST is only Watch Time .Summer is to 21 September!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  27. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

So I suppose they ditched this work, at least some part of it:
    [​IMG]

Anybody know if Dresden Reick and the marshalling yard of Friedrichstadt are still included? I still wonder where the BR363 will come to life in this route?

28. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Wow this is such a damn ripoff. 34.99 for trains that have either been in TSW but not allowed to come over or worse flat out copy's of whats in the game already.

29. jolojonasgames

Both freidrichstadt and Reick were somewhat confirmed as not coming.

The 363 will mainly be based at the Nünchritz Chemical plant.

• Like Like x 2
  30. bakedpotatos.jm

23 kms of a 105km route is almost 25%.

Also the price has gone up by about 25%

• Like Like x 4
  31. jolojonasgames

Yeah, but as the branches were the main selling point of the route, it feels like more than 25%, though that is my personal feeling.

• Like Like x 4
  32. bakedpotatos.jm

I a
    I agree with you totally what a big disappointment. When I first heard the routes BML caught my eye right away but then when they detailed the branches on BRD it quickly became the one I was most interested in.

Just odd the they are charging about the same percentage more that they trimmed away from a route.

• Like Like x 2
  33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's like cutting out 25% of a mystery novel-- the last 25%

• Like Like x 11
  34. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

i see some post about reduced content due to the name changes for the 3 routes. I SO HOPE NOT...

35. Hidden Donkey

I completely agree

• Like Like x 3
  36. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

This 23 km no Coming is no Bad.We have 82km.TS 2021 has 54 km.I am lucky. This 23 km are no important.We write 7 Sites this is no end of world.Dont worry be happy

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Hidden Donkey

yes

38. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Shocking way to treat customers. I hope DTG are listening to the customers. This is a big backlash.

• Like Like x 3
  39. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

I had a much longer thought about this, but since I'd just simply repeat everything that's said, I decided it's not worth sharing. To me, I don't care about the staggered release, or a price hike - not a problem. Actually, now I may just buy the Boston route since it's really the only one I was really interested in (Riesa-Dresden was dependent on if there was a major selling point, I have enough german content, especially once the 146/185 audio is fixed).
    I do have a problem with DTG new strategy of only sharing half the picture because "it's what to expect" (it's not just this, the roadmap and q&a streams have descended into this too). Sharing the whole picture is extremely important. New players may not care or know, but existing players that follow articles and announcements will notice when somethings is awry. I distinctly remember Sam acknowledging several streams ago that DTG had realized that they're not producing enough variety in the German content b/c there were no new locos/stock announced for Riesa-Dresden, and then they go and cut what would make Riesa-Dresden unique? Sounds like they really haven't taken their own words to heart yet.

Second time in ~3 months (LIRR updates, now this) almost the entire forum community banded together like this out of disappointment. That speaks volumes to me more than anything in the changes to Rush hour.

• Like Like x 9
  40. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Wow.

Okay, is there anyone else that's split 50/50 on this?? I'm still very eager to play and experience what these routes have to offer, but at the same time I am quite disappointed by these changes that were made today.
    This thread has hit +300 posts in a single day, so needless to say, I think many aren't happy with the changes either.
    The routes included with Rush Hour have some great potential, and it really is disappointing to see that it's being scaled back a bit. They could very well be some of the best routes in the whole collection, it only makes sense to see them fully realized.
    I'm not entirely happy with the idea of a season pass either, but if that means getting some content sooner rather than getting them all at a later date, then so be it.

I'll be very interested to see what they'll say about this tomorrow...

• Like Like x 5
  41. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

I mean they eventually relented with the whole preserved/remastered/upgrade fiasco so who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  42. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

The route cut is a huge disappointment, not bothered by the staggered release and can live with the price increase. Delay the German route and release it in full please.

• Like Like x 7
  43. bytownrailwayman

bytownrailwayman Member

For me, this is just another chapter in DTG's overpromise - underdeliver saga. Other examples come to mind such as the editor, missing industrial trackage in Oakville Subdivision, and TSW2 to a certain degree. After the Oakville debacle, I decided to take a break and was just getting back into things, and after seeing the increase in transparency and promises kept, I was hopeful for Rush Hour.I now have second thoughts.

I'm fine with the price increase; I think it's more than fair. Same with spreading out route releases over a longer period of time. But the significant cutbacks to a future route does not spark confidence. A purchase of the Season Ticket requires trust that the remaining routes will be delivered with expectations met. Right away, I am unsure of what will happen with the remaining routes. Will 'London Commuter' get cut back to no longer serve Brighton after I've already purchased the ticket? Will rolling stock or services be less than what's been discussed? Will significant issues be discovered with Boston NEC's gameplay or systems? No matter what's already been or will be said, things can change and expectations, pushed high by previous communications, may not be met. In such a state, I can't in good confidence get the Season Ticket until I've seen the release of all 3 routes, to ensure that I'm OK with purchasing what's in the final package. Of course, I can't purchase a single route either, as that would presumably lock me out of purchasing the ticket in the future.

At the core, we're all here for the same reason; An absolute passion for trains and train simulators. But I think our excitement tends to get the better of us. Things are said before they can be confirmed to work technically. People see an image or screenshot and make optimistic and hopeful inferences that aren't denied or explained. Maps or other details are released and appear to be set in stone. Then plans get changed, things take longer than expected, features don't work out. And trust gets broken yet again.

The most expensive thing in the world is trust. It can take years to earn it, and just seconds to lose it.

• Like Like x 14
  44. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You know, I was tempted to buy the pack just for the NEC alone since I have little interest in the other 2 routes, but with the price increase, I'll wait for it to go on sale at a later date.....

Also, I feel bad for those who were looking forward to the Nahverkehr Dresden route, then have the rug pulled from under their feet with the cutting of the branch lines....

• Like Like x 5
  45. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I personally think this is a good decision. The $40 price point is more reasonable to ask for a three route bundle considering the prices of single routes. $30 was a steal for us, and $40 still is a steal for 3 routes. As for releasing the routes at separate times will give them more time to polish which no one should be mad about. This teamed with the free update coming to TSW2 I think it’s going to be a great summer!

• Like Like x 2
  46. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Indeed, it was my primary interest. I may end up purchasing RH for the new NEC route if it proves to be well-made, but I am extremely disappointed nonetheless.

I wish NEC and BML fans the best.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  47. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Apparently each route will be available to purchase individually if you want to, so you can still get NEC for about $30.
    I.e. There's not really a price increase if you were only going to get just one route anyways

48. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

There’s been a few people saying that BML won’t go all the way to Brighton , that is not true . It will go from London Victoria to Brighton , with the Reigate branch

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

The excuse for the recycled stock was the rush hour feeling and bustling branches of dresden..so now it's just another standard German route with no new stock at all? I could look past the same old trains because of the branches.. I was on the fence about getting rush hour but it's turning more and more into a farce with bad communication and promises they can't keep.. I'll pass.. A real shame, was hoping for the best

• Like Like x 5
  50. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

But I wouldn't rely on it staying that way

• Like Like x 6