Hst Buffer Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by ARuscoe, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I got the HST Buffer pack with the WCML North pack from Steam. The pack has two HSTBuf scenarios and I tried to run "Its snow good" yesterday and got the following issues:

On the loading screen for the scenarios the train icon is blank
    Up until yesterday morning (following a file validation) the scenario crashed on loading with a consist error
    After the validation the scenario loaded, but when in camera view 1 the image through the windscreen looked like it had been shifted down and left (I have screen shots on my other machine if needed)
    Other than that it ran fine, and I completed the scenario using the helicopter view (2)

Any ideas?

2. darujhistan

darujhistan Member

For some reason DTG has never fixed this bug for some reason.

So someone kindly did an HST Buffers cab view fix which can be found at UKTrainSim's website, file ID number 30643.

I hope this helps.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ARuscoe

Thanks. Downloading it now

4. ARuscoe

It's fixed the "Its snow good" view, but the Grander Central view is still stuffed. Looked at the loco folders under railworks and there are two class 43 GC HSTs...
    any ideas?

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

A quick and dirty solution to this problem with the HST Buffer sets is to turn off dynamic lighting in settings. Don't ask me- I don't know. I do know that doing that on my system makes it run incredibly slowly which is counter-intuitive to say the least.

6. darujhistan

darujhistan Member

Sorry it’s taken me a while to reply

But I’ve been playing around with the files, and have found this fix for the Grand central scenario myself (or at least it worked for me)…..

Go to the Grand Central folder by going to Program Files (x86) / steam / Steamapps / Common / Railworks / Assets / Kuju / RailSimulator / RailVehicles / Diesel / HST / Grand_Central…

There should be two BIN Files at the bottom

Copy the file Class 43_fgw.bin

Click on the top folder Class 43, and paste the file.

Ordinary the class 43_fgw.bin file at the bottom had 16 KB, it should change to 17 KB.

That’s it. I hope this makes sense.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. ARuscoe

All worked as expected
    Thanks

8. darujhistan

darujhistan Member

I'm happy to hear this fix worked for you also.

The only problem I have with both the UkTrainSim fix and my own, is that if you were to clear the TS cache or verify your files at any time, it will put the cab of both scenarios back to it's original state, therefore you will have to reinstall both fixes again.

9. ARuscoe

Sounds about right lol

10. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

Clearing the cache shouldn't effect the changes. If you back the files up before doing a file verification then it would just be case of copying them back after the verification has finished.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. KodiakJac

KodiakJac Active Member

I just tried this fix of turning off dynamic lighting to fix the HST Buffer cab view and it still works in 2022. Thanks, Timothy! :)

12. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Or - like the patch does - add the "Wipers" animation to each of HST pack's loco bins. (I think there's 2 Class 43 cabs and two DVTs to patch.)

I've attached my fix. As the buffers change the loco's length, the cab view is moved too close to the windshield. Just editing the cab camera does not help - it will move the view back on ALL Kuju Class 43's, because they reference the same single cab camera file.

I've created a dedicated cabcam for the HST buffers and edited the bins of it accordingly to use that one.

If I forgot some variants of the buffer pack just report - checking my files I have only edited the Intercity Swallow version.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. KodiakJac

KodiakJac Active Member

Thanks so much, Spikee! :D