Seriously, This Community

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DXR8002, Jul 22, 2021.

1. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Just be thankful there is a train sim on consoles at all, yes, DTG continuously make questionable decisions but at the end of the day this is a damn video game. There are 3 topics from one user on this page alone. Can you all just calm down?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

So you order a car and after you’ve been waiting 3 months for it you are told that your getting the car but they will only deliver 3 wheels and they will be coming one at a time. Oh and you have to pay 25% more. You are fine with that?

Yes, there has been a strong reaction, a bit over the top at times and yes it’s only a game. But if a company wants to stay in business it needs to please it’s customers.

The problem here is the way it’s been communicated and it’s not the first time DTG have disappointed people.

I think a bit of whining is ok.

• Like Like x 19
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Yes, it would have been better or okay even, if they had been upfront about it from the start.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

User: Too many whiny threads.

*posts whiny thread*

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

No, a bit of whining is NOT okay, because all that mudslinging and nonsense gets mixed together with the comments that are genuinely useful, and eventually the whole idea just gets lost. No, seriously.
    There is A LOT of straight-up false rumors and misunderstandings being posted on the forums now, like a wildfire running rampant.
    If I were a developer reading the forums right now, I'd be absolutely gut-wrenched at some of the things that get posted, why would I even bother reading through every single comment? I'm specifically talking about the half-baked memes and the songs and the name-calling, you people know who you are.

Yes, I am not happy at all with the changes that were made, and there are many things that I do agree with. But all the other nonsense? Leave that at the door.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

What do i love the car-comparisons.... and this time it is a complete different thing. Noting to compare at all. No one ordered anything from DTG in regards of the upcoming routes yet. There is/was only announcements. And things can change anytime while in development. That is how the world works normally. Just wake up guys. DTG has to owe you nothing yet. From the moment you have ordered rush-hour, what is not possible yet, then you can expect what was announced, not before.

• Like Like x 18
  7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I have edited the title of this thread and removed some of your original post to avoid this thread becoming argumentative.

Seeing other forum members being critical can be frustrating, especially when it's a lot of people at once. The news we shared yesterday has left some users disappointed, and that's understandable. We have the forums so everyone can share what they think. We need the feedback.

As much as we enjoy getting positive feedback, we need and want critical feedback too.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Tigert1966

Ok, for the most part I agree. Maybe I should have said ’expected to order based on announcement’

Fact is us German fans, expected something we’re not going to get. Now I support the price rise and the staggered routes but given that DTG constantly say they want feedback, I don’t see people expressing their opinions as whining. You could equally see it as passion for the product.

And no, DTG don’t owe us anything, but we don’t owe them either. We are told not to buy it if we don’t like it and it’s good advice. It is however quite bad business practice to disappoint your customers.

In this case, I was excited for a route and now I’m not. Because the main attraction of it being a network is gone. I don’t seem to be alone.

Ultimately we all want TSW to succeed and are voicing our opinions. So long as it’s constructive then it’s fine. What is not ok is calling DTG liars and lazy. It’s clear that is not the case from some of your own posts you have enlightened us just how much work is involved.

• Like Like x 4
  9. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

Where is the moderator?

10. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

Except you didn't order a car. You were only told about a car coming out and got excited about it before actually seeing the car in person.

I get the point of your post, but from many of the posts I've seen, it seems like people felt that they already paid for a product and didn't receive what they paid for. That is not at all what happened here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you don't have a right to be disappointed, but some of the anger I've seen over this (not from you but just in general) is a little extreme.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tigert1966

Yes hence, my follow up to my original post. Anger and hatred is in no way justified. Frustration and constructive feedback is.

I think a lot of it is due to how far it got communicated, with it being advertised on Steam for PC and articles on Dovetail live and I presume on the XBox and PlayStation stores. It felt like the product was already there.

At the end of the day, it is just a video game. There are a lot worse things happening in the world than a Train Sim losing a couple of branch lines.

• Like Like x 6
  12. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

It´s because of that mentality that dTg gets so comfortable to do whatever they want. 70% of the community thinks like you, plus don´t let the others criticize and try to give better suggestions to resolve stupied problems like rush hour thing... The main problem is that we don´t have a voice in tsw, dTg makes you feel like we have a voice, but we don´t. Don´t trust dtg guys!! The problem starts in the community and with guys like the one that creat this thread more 70% like them, tsw is going to die while dtg grabs your money.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Class156

Class156 Well-Known Member

I work for a worldwide well known games developer that delivers games on time and doesn’t put prices up. Dovetail, we work with DOZENS of indie studios each year and they bring projects in on time and in budget with the pandemic. Four of these off the top of my head operate across three continents. I enjoy the game as I’m a train fan, but really, if basic budgeting and timescales cannot be sorted out, someone at the top of this company needs to take a long hard look at themselves. I hope your investors are happy still.

• Like Like x 7
  14. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

It's because as consumers it's our job to be critical to show the developer what we want / think is wrong.

They ask for our feedback and we will give them it. If that's a problem ignore it. Easy!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think it is vitally important that DTG gets very critical feedback when very critical feedback is felt appropriate by the community. The community managers actually encourage this, providing we are not being derogatory to them or other community members on a personal level.

It’s ok to be angry, frustrated, gutted etc. There’s just no need to be rude, nasty or personal.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I know. We are all part of this community and make it what it is.

suffering burnout, they are recruiting now I believe.

personal disappointment and jokes aside….

PSA : fed up with the game. Take a simple break.
    Not enjoying the forums, again take a step back.
    The break could be a few hours for those heavy users, days or even weeks if needed.

17. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Exactly. The lines were not even in the TS version (which even on Train sim it looks great). So hoping to see it even better on the TSW version with the full but unannounced timetable.

Regards

Hentis

18. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

thats not the same thing a car is a car and if you dont get it its not a car, we havnt got anything so we have no product to complain at, we havnt bought anything and nothing has been taken away, we dont have it so they cant take it away, simple

• Like Like x 1
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Nothing? Oh, I disagree. What has been taken away is anticipation, as well as hope, and trust.

• Like Like x 4
  20. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Oh please So many butt hurt divas on this forum throwing their toys about. Ridiculous.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s not ridiculous. People feel let down and are entitled to feel that way. Just because you disagree, doesn’t mean you can belittle anyone else’s opinion.

• Like Like x 6
  22. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Although I would prefer the extra branches over not having branches. The route will still be really fun regardless - the TS version is fantastic and that has less content on it than the upcoming TSW2 version, even if it has been cut down a little. That's not to mention the Rush Hour timetable which is supposedly going to be more intense than previously seen in TSW. I'm still looking forward to it personally :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

When the aim is to get people to calm down its probably not a good idea to draw the angry mobs attention to what they were angry at in the first place with a thread saying don't be angry. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

i agree

25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I am not too fond of this argument, it's true, the reaction has been huge, in some cases way too extreme in my opinion, and the correct argument to make is more like this:
    Saying "just be thankful there is a train sim on console" is something I do not agree with at all. They are not doing us a favour by being on console, it's ~2/3 of their business, just because they are on console it doesn't mean we should just throw money at them even when they make bad decisions.

Instead of thanking DTG for being on console "we" should be pushing other train sim devs to come over and try to enter the console market as well, competition gives consumers power.

At the end it's only a video game... but when did that ever stop people going a step too far

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can pass the jungle with swinging the machete, but when you look back then, you have destroyed your beloved jungle. Not always a good way to force some minor stuff (like making a way through the jungle when there are others available but harder to pass). Sorry for that nonsense comparison, but i think that reflects what i wanted to say at least.

• Like Like x 2
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I completely understand what you are trying to say, at the end the community and the developer have a roughly common goal of getting the best simulator possible, but the exact definition and how to get there might change wildly from person to person and from community to developer, if you ask me HHL was a complete and utter disaster and a complete waste of a good looking route, but that doesn't mean it's also true for DTG, which might have turned out a nice profit from it... at the end it's DTG's job to make the "right decisions" for them, even if they are not the right decisions for me. I'm here to mainly give "my side of the story" and feedback, at the end if DTG makes stuff the community likes than it's better for everyone, although I have to realise it's not always possible.

Before people start calling me hypocrite and quote back to me some random old message, I realize I too am guilty of just ranting here and there, or being outright obnoxious, I'm sorry, being too impulsive is one of the worst sides of my personality, and I'm trying to improve that

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  28. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I'm sure wanting to launch the game so early was the problem. meeting deadlines is not easy.