Remove Annoying Circle Timer For Passenger Loading

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hasse#8149, Jul 21, 2021.

1. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

For increased realism, please consider removing the circular timer for loading passengers. its not realistic to be late and wait out the timer on a plattform when all passengers are already onboard or have disembarked. we only need to rely on the time table time instead. if im early, i wait for the departure time but if im late I want to depart as soon as loading is done. this is not realistic. and its for all routes.

• Like Like x 8
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Do you see drivers open doors for around 15 seconds then bolting it? I think not. It's there so you have a minimum time for loading, so that passengers can get on.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

He's got a point as it is too long. Maybe not to remove it but shorten the time we need to wait

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

15 seconds is quite a long time for some stops. There are some 20 second stops in TSW so it’s not so much shorter. A real driver will close the doors when ready and be on his or her way if all the passengers are safely on or off. If that’s only 10 seconds then that’s as long as the doors stay open.

• Like Like x 6
  5. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

When the people on the plattorm clears , You close the doors and drive off. It’s reality. I’ve been driving underground trains for a living before. There is no timer on passenger loading in reality, so why have one here? It’s not present in reality. Why simulate it? Time IS à bit part of reality. Finns i drive fast i hav to wait for the Time to catch up Witherspoon me like in the game, but this countdown is unrealistic.

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I agree we should be able to close the doors whenever. If running late, we can close the doors earlier etc. More importantly, I’d like this to be consistent. Sometimes closing the doors early stops the timer immediately, meaning you have to reopen the doors. This is on GWE and RT at least. Whereas other routes, you can start closing the doors with say 8 seconds of the timer remaining so you can dart as soon as the timer allows.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Or just turn off the hud

8. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

You could say they do for Rapid Transit systems like the Underground.

9. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

That won't change anything, the loading timer would still be active. You're just removing it off of the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

To be fair though the waiting time is shorter in game on Bakerloo - or so I've noticed.

11. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Well that is not a good suggestion. Removing the hud removes the clock too and thus the time table in time table mode. And i realized i cannot use game controller to push buttons either…

12. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

I agree. I'd like this to be removed. It's very annoying. As long as you don't leave early, I can't see a problem with it being removed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

The "game" I play is how early can I close the doors, so that they close "on time" and that I can depart.

With the MrkII you literally have to close it on the second-

The other trains the door closing sequence is longer than others. 5-8 seconds

If you are running late, its a way of stealing a few seconds back. If you time it wrong, you lose 20 seconds as you have reopen and then close the doors.

Hey it entertains me...

D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I totally agree, waiting for the circular timer was always annoying me...