Profiles Won't Transfer From Ps4 To Ps5 Version (yet).

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ps4Player, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,
    I was skipping trough today's stream and noticed, that they said there is no solution yet to transfer your PS4 (no matter if you play on PS4/PS5) TSW Profil to the coming PS5 Version. But they try to figure out a solution.

For me, I think I'm going to use my PS4 Profile for all the routes I already got and don't profit from the update. I'll use the PS5 version for all new routes coming and the ones who profit from the update (HMA for example, because I haven't bought it yeto till the layers are included)

I justed wanted to hear your thoughts about this, if it won't be possible to keep your profile?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah a few of us called it months ago. It’s taken a while for this to come forward officially

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Mixed feelings. Though starting again on the PS5 version will give me a very good reason to touch on every route again with the improved PS5 version performance/graphical updates etc.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Active Member

This sounds like a good idea, and something I might do myself. While I've already got the platinum trophy on the current version, I don't fancy starting from scratch with some of the DLC progress.

5. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I am still working through 3 dlc's I have yet to finish in TSW 2020 on PS5, so only play TSW2 a small amount on PS, I have thought of just platting the PS4 version then moving over to the PS5 version the problem with TSW is that its trophy's / achievements are very time consuming for the most part except for things like tutorials and hitting a certain speed

6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

What do we reckon this means for trophies?

I’ve not long started on TSW2 but I’ll be heart broken if they make me start them again!

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think it’s highly likely you’d have to start again.

8. Willowrpe

PS5 versions of games have a separate list to PS4 games so its likely it will have a new set of trophies

9. TheTipsyRaccoon

I’ve done every. Sodding. Collectible.

I did them all first because I abhor them. I want to die.

• Like Like x 4
  10. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

Honestly I don’t care about any of my route progress on PS4, at least not compared to my liveries. I care more about that than anything else and will stick with the PS4 version on the PS5 until they (hopefully) figure out a solution.

I would probably feel differently if the game has something to “unlock” that I would have to work to unlock again, but it doesn’t. And trophies are saved to the PSN profile so those won’t be lost.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Willowrpe

there are some PS4 games that had a PS5 version where you could import a old save and it unlocked all the trophies you have in the PS4 version so if you had platted it the PS5 would plat as well. So it is possible at least in other games

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheTipsyRaccoon

True! Spiderman did that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Why would you do them if you hate them?

I only ever do them by accident lol.

No judgement, i just don't understand.

14. TheTipsyRaccoon

I have this obsessive completionist thing, I can’t leave the trophy incomplete haha!

• Like Like x 3
  15. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

I also transferred the TSW2 from the PS4 to the PS5. It really plays better. If the new version of TSW comes out for the PS5 you can just install it next to TSW2 on your PS5 or not?

16. TinTin_57

You can own both versions I assume.
    The caveat is that the PS5 version must run on your PS5 SSD whereas the current PS4 version can sit on either the SSD or an external storage disk if your SSD runs out of space. All PS5 native games have to be on the SSD

• Like Like x 1
  17. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Update at 27:30
    - DTG have spoken with Sony and know what needs to be done
    - DTG are now sorting out the best way to implement the solution (safely)

All said, continue to assume it won't happen, but they are aware of the demand and are at least on it, having spoken to the platform about how to do it. Still holding out hope.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Could they use Dovetail Live accounts in a way?

19. manticor225

Update from today's stream: The approach they are taking is to bring profiles across to PS5. Liveries and saved games will not come across at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
  20. kevin.charb81

Glad they answered my question! By saved games I assume they mean scenarios created?

• Like Like x 1
  21. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I think it means progress from your player profile(s). Distance, medals, current levels etc.

22. manticor225

Me too, I just wish I liked the answer.

23. kevin.charb81

Response to question at 1:12:53

TrainSim-Matt Can you clarify what you meant by "saved games"? Scenarios?

As well as profile: if my profile comes with me, does this include individual route progress, PS Trophies/Achievements?

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Profile only. No save games, no liveries, no scenarios.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  25. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

So concerning trophies for example one had to completely start over? I don't know whether it might me possible to enable some kind of auto sync between the PS4 version and the PS5 version. Otherwise it would be a real bummer for everybody going for trophies or at least for me. As you said in today's stream things are still subject to change, so I hope, that this is somehow also addressed.

• Like Like x 1
  26. TinTin_57

I wonder tho if the save file comes over it knows you are already say level 10 for a certain loco so it would pop right away. Hopefully the other trophies you have will do the same so you end up with the same trophies completed for both versions from the start.

27. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I know on some PS4 games that have PS5 versions, if you have the PS4 trophy, the PS5 one should stack automatically. Hopefully it's the same with this as I'm just one away from Plating this. As much as I want to play the dedicated PS5 version my OCD is killing me on this haha.

• Like Like x 1
  28. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I have to say that if the hard work I have put in is lost "Again", having moved from TSW2020 to TSW2 I shall be "VERY" unhappy :mad::mad::mad:. Having just redone all the Search for items "Especially" the Trees on Trans-Pennine!

Do I presume a complete rewrite of the saved games and other things is the reason, rather than we cannot be bothered? If it is a rewrite from the ground up, it would be Good to know if in future when we have upgrades or new versions that you can move over what you have done so far.

That this is a "Must" moving forward. Rathe than the glib attitude towards us the customer of "Oh just do it all again"!

• Like Like x 2
  29. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what does save games mean?
    Does this mean the route progress, for example the completed journeys won't transfer? Or refers save game to the single save spot you have to save a session your playing?

30. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I think anything that is progressing (levels, distance, gold medal count, passenger loading etc) seems to unlock them either when the action is triggered or at the end of a service. 500 miles in the SD40-2 unlocked at the start of a service when the Cane Creek achievements/trophies launched due to having done enough distance in Sand Patch Grade.

As for scenarios, collectibles already done - those could be an issue unless they are re-checking everything when you use the newly transferred save. Read many times here that scenarios had to be replayed on a new player profile because for some reason didn't unlock on their main one.

Medals, levels, distance, services finished etc I think. Anything that could be statistical for the player profile(s).

It would not surprise me if saved sessions (where you save in the middle of a timetable/scenario) from the old version of the game are reset when you start the new version on all platforms. I recall this happened before in TSW2020 when a significant change was made.

31. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

welp many have games have faced this borderlands 3 fifa have had it so I really don't see there being a way unfortunately

32. borg#1850

Have to say in my book, someone missed the idea of making progress (Trophies / miles walked / progress on locomotives / level in the whole game ETC) and saves you do, accessible across upgrades and new versions. A lot of time and effort is put in by people, to have to do them all again seems ludicrous. Let alone bad programming, that it was not built in, in the first place.

33. Knightfire1964

well seems like you need to talk to Sony about it then

34. kevin.charb81

I’ve come to terms with starting over to the point where I’m looking forward to it. I play this game a ton and to have the opportunity to work through Routes again, especially a fully layered HMA, will be awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  35. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

I’ve kept my PS4 alongside my PS5 so have the option of playing both versions.

• Like Like x 1
  36. borg#1850

My only thing is I do not have a lot of time (Normal life things need dealing with), so the time I do spend enjoying this is limited. To have to redo stuff I have already done is just something I can "Seriously" do without.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Totally agreed. I’ve not had TSW 2 on my PS5 for a couple of weeks now. I deleted everything and my save profile to start over fresh (getting a few withdrawal symptoms now though). I had gotten the Platinum Trophy whilst playing the game on my PS4 Pro. I’m looking forward to getting the Platinum Trophy again.

I just hope all future updates are an update to the core game like this time - rather than a whole new game like TSW 2 was to TSW 2020. That should ensure all progress is retained throughout the PS5 generation.

I also hope none of the trophies are glitched on the PS5 version of the game & pop when they are supposed to. I also hope that the correct number of miles are recorded with every train on every route so the 10k trophy is not unduly prolonged.

• Like Like x 4
  38. borg#1850

I fully agree to your last two paragraphs. :)

39. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

yup same, just want my liveries

• Like Like x 1
  40. TinTin_57

Only one clear working day (Monday) then the PS5 version is out Tuesday. Hoping for some official confirmation before it rolls out automatically that the save file issue is 100% ok

• Like Like x 2
  41. TheTipsyRaccoon

Any updates to this?

42. Knightfire1964

nope keeping eyes peeled for anything

43. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Take it that we are all starting fresh with the PS5 version. There is zero evidence to anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  44. TinTin_57

Maybe Sam can give us the latest tonight on the DTG stream

45. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

You want always start from fresh, only the Trophy’s want still available.