How Do You Guys Feel About Their Lack Off Optimization For Ps4 Users?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Birita, Jul 23, 2021.

?
  1. They can do better.

41.0%
  2. Ps4 have reach their potencial.

59.0%
  1. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I think that ps4 has more to offer than this!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The Xbox series s/x and ps5 will have a next gen version , but not Xbox 1 / ps4

3. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

after the layers problem on hma?? nah

4. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I don't know any details about memory optimization yet. The PS4 pro could have some game improvements. The lack of new generation consoles has meant that many game developers have had to change plans and further support old generation consoles. I don't think DTG is an exception.

5. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Thats because their lack of optimization...

• Like Like x 3
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Which isn’t really possible on last gen

7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Sorry but how can Xbox 1 and PS4 have a next gen version? Surly next gen versions can only be for next gen machines.

8. Coastway trainspotter

I never said that last gen will have a next gen version . Read my message again

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think the PS4 and even the PS4 Pro are at their absolute limit. I played TSW 2 on PS4 Pro before getting my hands on a PS5 and the PS4 Pro struggled. 8GB RAM just isn’t enough.

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The existence of games with ridiculously lovely graphics which run happily on an OG XBox or PS4 (Forza, Gran Turismo, God of War, AC Valhalla, Red Dead 2) suggests that DTG are well behind the industry standard in this regard.

• Like Like x 7
  11. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

You need to remember that those games don't have maps anywhere near as big as TSW. Nor are those games also simulating extremely complicated trains.

12. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Agreed...that was my point! For me DTG is lacking in competence...

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Really?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lenwigg

I know, I read it several times before my first reply and have read it another three times now.. By the way your post reads you are moaning that they are not getting a next gen version. You read your post again

15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

That's nonsense. Red Dead Redemption 2's map is 29 square miles. If you assume a route is 1 mile in width and x miles in length, then Cathcart Circle is only 21 square miles.

No way has the PS4 reached its limits but I feel DTG have basically given up on it. TSW could be optimised way better for consoles but either DTG can't be bothered or it's not financially prudent for them to improve things. Making things better on PS5 is an easy win for them as they can leave the game unoptimised and in it's current state and the PS5 will automatically play it better without DTG having to do much at their end.

• Like Like x 3
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Optimisation has little to do with map size and more to do with what’s on the screen at any one time, what is happening in the game at that time and what hardware resources are allocated to at that time, and is easier when you have a huge amount of money to throw at the problem. RDR2’s development was for one map, not one map every couple of months, and they had a lot more money to throw at the problem. Optimisation takes time and time equals money therefore money equals optimisation.

As for DTG’s optimisation for PS4 specifically, I’m sure they could do better but a lot of it is done quite well already. It’s just when extra resources are needed for something bigger, it’s right on the edge of current optimisation and there isn’t the money to sort it out quickly enough so you get a HMA situation. I think they expected a bigger improvement in performance from the jump to UE4.23 than what happened and more optimisation was needed at that point. As a PS4 player, I find it frustrating that the game is so close to what DTG can do with the platform and that they can’t just throw all their resources into sorting that out but that’s not realistic. They work on optimisation across all platforms because they have to. I’m upgrading to PS5 because of it, so I know its not great, but I understand the limitations of what DTG can do currently.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Coastway trainspotter

Look , I am not having this argument with you . I was not moaning , just pointing out that last gen consoles don’t have the power for the version that Xbox series s/x and ps5 will get . Now make sure you read this post properly

18. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I think you're forgetting buddy though standard PS4 is almost 10 years old it's running on a Jaguar operating system I don't even remember which one it is now but there ain't much left for the standard PS4 that thing is a relic of its time don't get me wrong I love my PS4 I still do but now that I have a PS5 my God is it much better

19. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

If they’ve given up on PS4 it’s a risky strategy from DTG. Speaking personally I wouldn’t buy PS5 just for 1 game there would have to be other reasons for me to invest in a PS5. Getting a more up to date tv that would benefit from a PS5’s improved graphic capability for one. Speaking to people who are into gaming the general opinion is the PS4 has more to give. So no support for PS4 means people like me will just drop out and be happy with what we’ve got. I don’t think I’d be alone. No support for PS4 will alienate a large portion of DTG’s customer base who might never return if they get into other things.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Lenwigg

Thank you. I did not want any argument either, the last thing I want is to argue with anyone, especially over a game. To me that is not the way your original post read.so again thank you for the explanation.

21. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Agreed...i am still waiting on a more powerfull version for the ps5...

22. Coastway trainspotter

In august :)

23. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

By the end off 22 or early 23...not upgrading by now...you know its coming...cheers...