My Opinion On The Current Rush Hour Situation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FD1003, Jul 22, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

No one to steal their market share? Have you looked at how many train simulators there are these days? Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I have, but none of them fill the niche DTG currently does. That's also primarily on the PC market, consoles have a lot less.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with you there. Of course we've lost something. The Dresden route was originally announced as including the extra branches. It now doesn't. Everyone who was excited for this dlc has "lost" those two branches. Don't tell a child who was promised a bike for Christmas and doesn't get it because Dad lost his job, that he/she hasn't lost something.

Beyond that, if I were a big fan of the German content, I would be very upset at the "back door" way we found out about the cuts to the Dresden Route.

In the end the people who were eagerly anticipating Dresden did have something to look forward to and now they don't. That's a "loss" however you slice it.

The two remaining routes are still a bargain for me, as long as they remain intact.

• Like Like x 8
  4. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

It is unfortunate that we had to learn about it mostly via the forum (or discord). I feel bad for console gamers who may only have read the DT article and still not know about the Dresden branches.

• Like Like x 3
  5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

please stop thread bumping

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Let me clarify some things I should have clarified earlier.

As the title suggests, this post is just my opinion, I still trust DTG to make the best (or least worse) decision, I just wanted to make sure to voice how I would rather see the branches on BRD rather than another german route, I'm conscious this will hurt their profit, and it's their decision wether they can "afford" to make the community happy, I also suggested the train DLC option in case that might bring some additional income (but I'm sure the marketing guys figured that out already without needing me saying anything), I specifically avoided talking about the price because that's not what this thread was all about, and there are A LOT of other thread talking about that, personally I'm not that bothered, 40€ for 3 routes is still very good, but I can see why a price increase might upset people.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So spread the word where you can. Throw it in comments on Facebook etc. I expect tomorrow to be a day they post the "it's been a busy week in TSW" thingy on Facebook, doubt they will mention BRD, so we should :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

It would depend on what you want to play I guess. Only DTG have both the ability to wander around outside the train interacting with the world AND non USA routes/locos. Run8 is very similar if you like US content. Run8 is less game and more simulator than TSW2 but as you say that is PC only.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I am as disappointed as you, but it isn't like they have taken them away after we have paid for something.

Frankly though, I don't think the disappointment of mostly grown adults, that part of a DLC has been reduced, compares to the disappointment of a child not getting a promised bike at Christmas. I think our emotions have matured a little since childhood.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself, I started crying and throwing with stuff when I heard the news of the branches being cut ;)

for those truly oblivious, yes, that is sarcasm. You have to say that explicitly on the internet nowadays...

• Like Like x 8
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point of the analogy. Nothing to do with childishness, I could have used an adult example instead. And, although some posts have been overly emotional and dramatic, even we adults can feel very let down at times without having spent a dime.

• Like Like x 3
  12. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

The solution to DTG over-promising and under-delivering would be to get rid of the roadmap and not tell us anything about anything until it is released. Which I seem to recall the community was not happy about being kept in the dark.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I've mentioned it in another thread - for a year anything not set in stone was surrounded with "details later, don't know yet, we will let you know when we know for sure" etc. Then Rush Hour came with "this will be in it, for this price". If they've used such certainty at that point, taking in all we had throughout the year... that was then supposedly 100 % the content we could expect.

• Like Like x 3
  14. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

As with any product still in development, things change whether it be the timeline, or the content. Things even come up at the last minute, like not having a proper horn ready at release for the CRR SD40 (which we still don't have). So it isn't the first time DTG has made a change to content. Is this a big change? Yes. were people looking forward to it? Yes. But this has been said many times, it is best not to get your hopes up about anything in TSW2. I know I stopped a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Just want to echo what Monder said, there have been a lot of occasions where DTG discussed (even informally) on streams about things they'd like to add in the future, or things that are being worked on and may or may not come soon (the two examples that spring to mind is Matt talking about how he'd love a completely customizable controller scheme, different for every locomotive - a bit like Raildriver, and pantograph sparks, which if I understood correctly actually work in some of their internal build but is held back by concerns about people sensitive to flashing bright images), even the roadmad has massively reduced in scope, we only saw the existence of GCC about 1 month before release? And it was in development for much longer, compare that to things like HHL and Cane Creek which stayed in the roadmap for like half a year, or TSG's add-ons. And from what we know, "the GCC way" is the new standard.

The fact we got a full fledged official article with all the details except a release date is a pretty good indication (IMO), that even when they are so careful about their """promises""", they just found themselves unable to deliver what they were pretty much confident in doing a few weeks before, obviously it's just speculation.

They even recognized that the biggest mistake they made was to publish articles about RH too early. Even if I usually don't get all that hyped for things in the roadmap, or things about we don't know yet, until RH, everything we ever saw on an article turned out to be true, both negative and positive, from HHL's DoStos to the CRR's branches and total lenght, so there was no significant reason to doubt them. Actually until now we only saw positive improvements from the the first articles to release, improved CC rolling stock and the added SEHS props.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 5