Crossrail/gwr/greater Anglia Update & Extension

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Wivenswold, May 20, 2018.

1. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

There's a lot going on the GEML & Paddington to Oxford lines that are already superbly created by DTG/Kuju but set in 2007 & 2012.

The biggest change is Crossrail, which must surely be an obvious candidate for a TS route of its own, but linking with GEML and GWR. GWR is electrified to Didcot now. Third party stock (which will hopefully come to steam) has been released for the TFL Rail section, a Class 387 must surely be on the way, along with an updated 800. If Crossrail is released then we'll have the Aventra platform on TS which could easily be adapted to be released as a GA Class 720.

Then there's the Stadler Flirt 3 family of units arriving, which may at first glance appear to have limited appeal but will also be used on the Wherry Lines DLC and will also put in an appearance at Peterborough on the ECML line. They are a modular design, the 3 & 4 car trains will have a diesel pack in the middle but otherwise the exterior will be the same as the 10 car EMUs.

Finally, only one branch of the GEML in Essex hasn't been covered at all in TS, the Clacton/Walton line. This would be a very good addition to the existing GEML, it's a good 1h30 stopper with slow, rural sections, nice riverside near Hythe, a single track branch to Walton and of course 100 mph running south of Colchester.

I know this reads like a wishlist but the commercial case must be there for a touch-up of the existing GWR/GA and stock, certainly the Crossrail section, the Aventra which will become omnipresent across the country (including on the NNL/Goblin Lines) and the unique Stadlers (which again may well see further orders for the UK).

Crossrail Pack (Abbey Wood/Shenfield to Reading only)- with class 345 - £24.99
    Crossrail with GWR extension/update - with class 345, 387 - £34.99
    GWR Updated with Current liveries of Class 43, 165, 800, 802. £24.99
    GEML Updated with Clacton Branch - with class 345, Renatus 321 and modern reskins of 90, 156, 321, 360. £24.99
    Heathrow Extension £14.99 - With Class 360 reskin.
    Class 387 pack - £24.99 (inc GWR/GEX/GN/Southern liveries)
    GA Aventra pack - £14.99
    GA Stadler pack - £14.99

"East Meets West" Bundle (All of the above) £100.

Hours of enjoyment there and I've no doubt would be a huge commercial success if timed well for the maximum publicity.

Mike

• Like Like x 5
  2. Rob FC Gaming

Rob FC Gaming New Member

For the Class 387 Pack, you are missing an absolute favourite livery of mine which is the c2c livery

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob FC Gaming

Rob FC Gaming New Member

For the Class 387 Pack, you are missing an absolute favourite livery of mine which is the c2c livery

4. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Some interesting ideas, but the one that catches my eye is the GBP 100 bundle that you include. Is there really a market for GBP 100 DLC purchase, even if it is a bundle? If nothing else isn’t it a classic example of ‘wait for the sale’ and that few if any would ever go at the full price?

DTG in the forums, more on Steam than on here, tend to get a lot of grief about the cost of DLC items and I think that moving prices to those levels would get a lot of negative comment. I’m not saying that the content wouldn’t be worth it, it’s more speculation on what pricing points are or aren’t going to be acceptable to the community.

On the Heathrow extension is there anyone else like me who’s cautious around routes with large sections of tunnels? I just bought Faversham in the sale and the tunnel portion out of St. Pancras had me waiting impatiently for the exit into the light! Not a big complaint but wouldn’t the Heathrow extension effectively be just 90 % tunnel and the below surface stations beyond what already exists?

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The heathrow extension made me pause... Once you get outside Hayes and Harlington (which is on the mainline) you only get some tunnels and two stations. Would that be worth £15?
    I would prefer to have Abbey Wood / Shenfield and Heathrow / Reading all included in the initial bundle so you get the whole Elizabeth Line as a pack with the 345 included.

Isn't almost all of the elizabeth line going to be tunnels anway? Certainly the central section is all underground

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrainNutter

TrainNutter New Member

Yeah, that is not worth £15. It would make more sense if it was included in the main Crossrail Pack

It would be better if the Crossrail part was all one pack (But would require the new/existing GEML) all for £24.99

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wivenswold

Great Western Modern - Bristol/Oxford to Paddington £24.99 (cl 387/800)
    Great Western & Crossrail - As above but with the Heathrow branch and Crossrail to Abbey Wood £34.99 (cl 345/387/800)
    Great Eastern Modern - Norwich/Harwich/Clacton - London £24.99 (321 renatus/720/755)
    Great Eastern & Crossrail - As above and Crossrail Stratford to Reading. £34.99 (321r/345/720/755)
    East meets West Deluxe - £54.99
    Thames Valley Expansion Pack (GWR Branches) £11.99 (New pro 165 in GWR green)

I'll stop there.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gipsy_Danger

Gipsy_Danger Active Member

Why would DTG create a London to Bristol route if JustTrains have Western Mainlines? It's like if JustTrains decided to create a route from London to Peterborough

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wivenswold

Because it would be an upgrade/modern version. Also because Just Trains Western Mainlines' London to Bristol section is a little on the basic side. You'll find duplicate classes of traction and they take far longer to put together than a route.

• Like Like x 1