Euro Fishing Technical Support & Bugs

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by DTG James H, Jun 20, 2016.

1. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Here is the place to report any issues you are having on Xbox One, these include game crashes, bugs and glitches.

2. Ashley woodward

Ashley woodward New Member

When ur the host of a mp lobby it snaps straight away

3. Harry Tondeur

Harry Tondeur New Member

Hi guys I brought this game last week and it keeps crashing I can't even make it past the initial loading screen please help ! I've tried reinstalling the game clearing cache and nothing is working .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jay

Jay New Member

I've noticed a few issuse with when you get the fish in close it would somehow swim under you and then instantly line tension goes mad and you loose the fish. It's happened a good few times. I've tried giving slack and putting the drag right down but doesn't help.

Other thsn that a fantastic game! I've been following your progress since you announced on pc. Waited a good few years for this to come out on xbox and you haven't disappointed! Keep up the goid work guys!

5. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Ashley

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will pass this onto the development team and keep you updated.

James

6. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Harry

We have contacted Xbox about this issue and they have given us these two suggestions to try so after you've tried them if you could let us know whether or not they worked that'd be great. [1] Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 30 seconds and then then switch back on (this will fully shutdown the system from the Instant-on mode). And / or [2] Turn the console off and pull out the power cord, then plug back in and switch back on. If that doesn’t help, please contact Xbox customer support team for more in-depth assistance.

James

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  7. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Jay

We are aware of the fish going under the bank and the issues with the drag system. However you'll be glad to know that we are actively working on a fix for it as we speak.

James

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tucklis

Tucklis Member

Hi

I've noticed recently that sometimes after casting the rod number disappears altogether. Also long casts seem to do the same thing. Absolutely loving the game, well done guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will inform the development team and keep you updated.

10. onimod13

onimod13 New Member

clearing the persistent storage may help too.

To clear this storage cache, follow the below procedure:
    1. Press the menu key of the controller.
    2. Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.
    3. In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage".
    4. Select "Clear persistent storage".

11. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Just fished an online match at St Johns.
    Struck into a good bite and after a really long fight a catfish surfaced...its silhouette took up almost
    all my swim, looked like a bloody submarine.... I dropped the landing net..and suddenly the fish shrunk to weigh in at 8lb lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. christine

christine Member

Lol ive had that done lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. christine

christine Member

Im having lagging issues Badly

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Told you:
    subby.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Killer40NL

Killer40NL New Member

Very nice game but nobody wants to be the host because of a great loss of many fish. I host a lot but caught over 2000 fish but also lost the same amount because of the hosting problem.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Donkey

Donkey Member

Hello dovetail team
    Trying to go into live tournaments and the game crashes. Doesn't happen ever time but it is happen, just thought you would like to know. You lose a total of 6 minutes when it happens.

• Like Like x 3
  17. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

quite a few random online crashes at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  18. ManualMonkey492

ManualMonkey492 New Member

I keep getting kicked out of the big tourneys. I tried the desert tournament and it would let me pick my fast travel point and soon as the lake pops up it cuts off back to the Xbox home page. Bad thing is it starts the timer and by the time I sync the game and load it back up around 5 to 7mins have ticked off the clock. So I actually missed 25 to 30 mins (total) or longer due to this. I have seen a few other ppl post under the Xbox 1 about the same issue. Was thinking maybe as a quick fix the timer could start when the first cast is made or when 1st hook hits the water. Love the game and hope you guys can patch this up.

19. Killer40NL

Killer40NL New Member

I don't know if it is a bug or not. But a friend told me the next matter and i tried it succesfully.
    When you pull in your line you can use a sort of autopilot. Just hold LT and press start on your controller en directly release LT. Then you see that your xbox can be your best friend and takes over the reeling itself. Very cleverly when the phone starts ringing or when you have to go to the toilet.

The fishes even don't give a fight like that and caught mowgally (catfish 27kg) without doing anything.

It's a great game but it really need some bug fixes.
    Particularly the biggest issue with hosting a game. As you can see i host a lot of games. But losing more fishes then catching them because of hosting ;(.

Losing fish in a fight is obviously but not funny to lose most of the fishes by hosting like you can see in the screen shot. Also did lose 121 target fishes at the moment because of that :(

And some times when a line snaps it's about 200 meters further. No problem but after reeling it in (you can't use RB at that moment), the image rotates 90 degrees like you can see in the picture. After catching another fish, it goes back to normal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

For whatever reason I have zero issues hosting a lobby. I only run into issues if I join someone elses lobby. The game uses a peer to peer server set up. I don't think there is any kind of built in region filter as I have people from all over join my games. It could be something as simple as the amount of bandwidth the host has. You can check your bandwidth from your Xbox by going to Settings>>Network>>Detailed Network Statistics. Not sure what amount of bandwidth would consistently be enough, but Ive got 85mbps down, and 12mbps up, and I don't have any issues.

21. Killer40NL

Killer40NL New Member

Strange, you can read it a lot here. My download is 305mbps and 87up

• Like Like x 1
  22. onimod13

onimod13 New Member

Would be happy to hook up with a few people to test, i have 200 down and 12 up

• Like Like x 1
  23. Donkey

Donkey Member

Hello dovetail team, live tournaments still crashes when you go into them losing a total of 6 mins every time. Plus when it does work you lose a minute just loading in. Time shouldn't start until first cast. Float fishing is broken, get a perfect strike lose fish but poor strike catch fish. This is so frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  24. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

I agree about the float fishing..i bought the game mostly for the float fishing but any line under 10lb just snaps and the striking seems random to me..and that float icon above the float makes it look a bit arcadey to me, looses all realism..just make the tip of the float a brighter red and have an option to remove the icon if you want...fishsim 2 did it over a decade ago and you could see all the bites.
    Hope it's something the makers will think about.

25. Killer40NL

Killer40NL New Member

Easy, host a friendly game and after that join one. You'll see the difference ;)

• Like Like x 1
  26. Killer40NL

Killer40NL New Member

To bad you can't post a video but here is a fish going up the tree

Attached Files:

• boom.jpg
      boom.jpg
      File size:
      114.3 KB
      Views:
  27. ManualMonkey492

ManualMonkey492 New Member

Well I thought the DTG guys where responsive but guess I was wrong. Since I've post about getting kicked outta tournament and being docked time, several others have posted this problem as well to no response, nothing. I'll continue to wait as the game just sits here getting no play.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Donkey

Donkey Member

Multiplayer is crashing now when trying to look for a session. It will say session found then joining session then boom crashes to home screen.

29. Jay

Jay New Member

I've got a video of a flying roach lol

30. Jay

Jay New Member

I've had no issues with float fishing, i think they should be more flots/setups for float fishing. Maybe introduced a option to take away the float bubble and have just the float itself

31. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

I totally agree with you Jay on the float bubble, doesn't look like they are going to change it as, I've mentioned it before and they say we won't be able to see the bite (why? just make the float tip a red colour lol)...the other thing with the float fishing is you fish at the same depth all the time, again not realistic....really not having a go at the makers because it's by far the best fishing sim out there, but its the little details like the float bubble and depth settings that will make it even better, it will make the float fishing less like an arcade part and make it realistic like the carp side of the game where the bubble is needed.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Jay

Jay New Member

Yeah maybe they could put in a option like they have with casting. Making you have a choice on what you want to see ingame. Almost like customisable gameplay so you see what you want to see. But that may be in the pipe like as they say they haven't finished it yet so i think it can only get better. As for the depth i think that's definitely something they need to change, i kinda know where they was going with the float side there idea seems to be for stalking in the margins ect.. Don't think they thought much on fishing deeper water. Would be good to be able to get some of the bigger carp on float too. I've only managed to land a 14lb still a decent weight but nothing compared to what weight fish are stocked within the lakes. Overall a fantastic game though the amount of times I've been late for work due to " just one more cast/fish"

• Like Like x 1
  33. Killer40NL

Killer40NL New Member

special way of fly-fishing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  34. christine

christine Member

I had flying carp

35. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Christine

We are Aware of this issue and are actively working on a fix for it.

James

36. jambo

jambo New Member

i have notice when a fish has taken the bait and is hook when a go to reel in on L T thier a delay of a few seconds as the line tighens up witch cause the fish to escape

37. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Hi, first off, great game!

There are several issues that have prevented me from playing for a while;

1. Line snapping or fish escaping for no apparent reason. I know about the tension controls I keep an eye on it continuously, this is particularly an issue on l'arene.

2. Putting down the rod often makes the line ping like elastic either far into the distance, behind me or to a different location completely.

3. Number/bed type bubbles disappear completely or appear very far away.

Several other minor issues but these are the most frequent and unworkable.

• Like Like x 1
  38. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

I agree completely about the line snapping, none of the smaller breaking strength lines are any good at all and seem to snap far too easily, causing me to use 25lb line to float fish. Even then at some venues the 25lb line snaps (or is it the hook that pulls out?)

• Like Like x 1
  39. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Michael

We are sorry you have had these problems when playing Euro Fishing. All the issues you have mentioned have all been noted down and will be looked at in more detail, once that is done we will then actively work on a fix for them all.

James

• Like Like x 2
  40. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Thanks for the response James, also will there be a graphic update on rods, lines, float tips, etc. I was also wondering if anyone here could give some tips on best tacklebox load out for each location, point me in direction of thread if this already exists, thank you in advance.

41. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Hey Crabtree, it's hard to tell what happens, fish just gets away. I even have tension at 100 when there is no pull to try and counteract to no avail and vice versa.

42. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

James, when I try to login to site I am told that my email address does not exist, I have to go on to my confirmation email to get here.

43. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Michael

Are you 100% sure you are typing it in correctly? If so would you be able to send me a screenshot of the error message please and i will do my best to help.

James

• Like Like x 1
  44. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

I was under the impression that underwater snags are the cause of the line suddenly hitting max tension. If you pay attention it happens at the same place, and depth over and over. If you immediately drop the tip of your pole towards the hook icon, and run your drag down, 9 times out of 10 your line wont snap.Youve just got to be ready when the fish starts getting close to the snag.

• Like Like x 3
  45. christine

christine Member

Move the drag to 0?

46. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

I think 2 is as low as it goes, but yeah all the way down.

47. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Thanks guys, that helps with the small fish on l'arene but not so much on St Johns Lake (not sure if names right turned game off now and am tired sorry) with the big fish, using size 4 and 6 hooks, 15mm Bollies both sink and float, 15lb braid line, line seems to always snap.

48. Michael Cope

Michael Cope New Member

Have figured it out, was mistakingly trying to sign in to dtg site.

49. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

I have noticed now that when playing multiplayer online, when a host leaves and the game tries to go to continue with another host, I get thrown back to the xbox dashboard

50. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi MrCrabtree

Don't worry man the dev team are aware of this and should have this fixed soon!

James