PC German H/v Signalling Guide

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ProfCreeptonius, Jun 26, 2018.

1. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

HV-Signal.jpg Hello there Community!

It has been confirmed: A German route with H/V Signalling is coming! So here is a guide for this signalling system, perfect for beginners!

Above you can see a H/V Signal. The H/V Signals are Split in main Signals, Hauptsignale, hence the 'H' and distant signals, Vorsignale, hence the 'V'. Above you see a signal with both main and distant aspects. The rectangular face on top displays the main aspect, the diagonal face on bottom displays the distant aspect. Let's take a look at the main signal aspects first.

HpSignals.png
    There are three (okay maybe four) main signal aspects:
    Hp0 - Red - You shall not pass! This signal is also sometimes called Hp00. Yes, there is an insignificant, minuscule difference between Hp0 and Hp00, read about it in my documentation.
    Hp1 - Green - Run you fools! Very standard signal aspect. Please note, that a Hp0 main signal doesn't give any information about the status of the next signal. This is particularly significant when entering sidings, as you could get a Hp1 directly in front of a Hp0. If you're interested to find out when a Hp1 is dangerous, look up So106.
    Hp2 -Green and Yellow - Continue at reduced speed. Unless indicated otherwise by a Zs3 (scroll down to find out what that is), your speed is now reduced to 40kph. The restriction is active until the train completely leaves the junction guarded by the Hp2, until you reach another speed indication, or until you reach a Zs10 (look it up if you want to).
    White lamp - Ignore this signal, expect replacement signal.
    Hp stands for Hauptsignal, engl. Main signal
    Let's take a look at the distant signals!
    VrSignals.png
    Vr0 - Main signal showing Hp0. If you're ever reading of PZB, this fellow has an active 1000Hz magnet.
    Vr1 - Main signal showing Hp1. Basically the best you can ever get.
    Vr2 - Main signal showing the same speed restriction as given. Unless a Zs3v indicates otherwise, one should expect a speed limit of 40kph. If you're ever reading of PZB, this fellow has an active 1000Hz GPA/GPÜ.
    Blank? Yes, distant signals are blank if and only if they are placed directly under a Hp0, refer to the teaser photo. Congratulations to DTG for getting their signalling correct.
    White lamp? White lamps on a distant signal displaying any valid aspect mean that the main signal is very close. White lamps on a distant signal not showing any valid aspect signify that the signal is to be ignored.
    Repeaters. Distant signal repeaters are often used on higher speed lines. The repeater always shows the current status of the main signal, meaning the driver can see early what to expect. If you know about PZB: Repeaters can tell you when to release in a 1000Hz and not get obliterated by the 500Hz. Signal repeaters do not have the Ne2 board, scroll down to find out what that is.
    Vr stands for Vorsignal, engl. pre-signal or distant signal.

Additional Signals:
    ZsSignale.png

Zs3v - Temporary speed limit warning boards. The top row shows all possible shapes and positions of a Zs3v. The important thing is that the number is a warm yellow color. These boards are always mounted on a distant signal.
    Zs3 - Temporary speed limit board. The bottom row shows all possible shapes and positions of a Zs3. The important thing is that the number is a white color. These are most often used on signals leading in to a junction. The speed limit is then only valid whilst the train is passing the junction.

Note: The Zs3's on RT look really weird, someone needs to convince me that they really look like that.

ne2.png
    This is the Ne2 board in the two possible shapes. This is placed on all lonely distant signals. It is missing on signal repeaters and distant signals directly under main signals.

And that's all of it! I hope this will help you on your future journeys. Please check out the links in my signature to find the complete German signalling guide from scratch.

Cheers,
    ProfCreeptonius!

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Sad that the community has to do the guides, this should be in every DTG manual.

• Like Like x 9
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They have started putting them into the TS route manuals from what I've seen. Haven't checked the TSW ones...

4. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

This sort of thing has been covered in TS manuals however there are no references to signalling at all in the TSW manuals.

5. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

The community doesn't have to do the guides. I think you'll find in this instance, prof ran off and wrote one the instant he saw today's signal teaser. Nobody forced him, in fact he barely gave anyone a chance to ask him...

• Like Like x 5
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

So the signalling guide is in the manual for the routes then...

7. Daniel Bloch

I doubt that, but i am sure Luke can clarify that.

8. ProfCreeptonius

TrainSim-Luke I did it because I basically know all the German signal numbers, meanings and structures by heart, so it was no effort to put it together for the community. I'd happily do it anytime again :)

Cheers,
    Prof

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. TrainSim-Luke

I haven't read it yet. My last statement though meant that it's not our intention to leave this kind of gap for the community to fill in...

10. TrainSim-Luke

Same reason I wrote my own quick-start guide on Steam for the WSR signals (before DTG hired me)

11. Daniel Bloch

And why you guys include it in the manual? Same for the signal guides on the old DTG websites, after the new DTG websites they are not longer accessible.

12. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Another german route.....yaaay.....i wonder if this one will have more than 20 passengers a service

• Like Like x 2
  13. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Having been burnt by RT I'll wait and see what the user reviews are like once it's released before even considering buying this.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. adkad

adkad New Member

Disappointed that th route is only about 36 miles long-another short one, perhaps to fit x-box. I won't be buying any more short routes like this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Juan Manuel Luengo

Juan Manuel Luengo Active Member

Thank you for your work. The idea of a more active German route, especially of freight, seems great to me.

16. ProfCreeptonius

Hello folks
    So here a few things I see that can go horribly wrong with the Ruhr Sieg Route coming. QA Team, this is what you need to look out for:
    -PZB in Middle train type! Make sure the indications and speeds are actually correct! Refer to my signalling guide or http://www.tf-ausbildung.de/home.htm if you need help!
    - Zs3 vs Zs3v on Hp2 vs Vr2. Make sure the correct speed indicator is mounted on the correct signal! This is where H/V differs from the Ks system on RT. Also make sure that Zs3's aren't taking the role of Lf7's!
    - Zs3, Lf6 and Lf7 GPA/GPÜ implementation.
    -The positioning of Hp0 vs Hp00. If this is going to be implemented, please make sure the indication and the minuscule difference I spoke of is simulated appropriately.
    -The indications on MFD/MFA. Refer to the signalling guide to make sure all indications are valid.
    I've compiled this list based on the most difficult things in German signalling and based on the mistakes on RT. I hope you can use it in the final tests before release to make sure that the addon works perfectly first time. This should save time and effort both for you and for us, the community.
    I think, however, that H/V is significantly easier to implement then the Ks signalling on RT. And having had so much time with so many bug reports, I think DTG should get the signalling fairly good this time. Whether the trains are going to be implemented correctly, remains a matter of speculation.
    I hope I helped,
    Cheers
    ProfCreeptonius

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1