More Dlcs For The Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Br425, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

How long will it approximately take for new DLCs to arrive to the Epic Games store? Did they maybe say something about that on a livestream?
    I would like to know that because I am not yet sure on which platform I want to buy Rush Hour (I would like to have the DB BR 101 available for layers on the Dresden route but it is not on the Epic Store yet)...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

If you already own Steam base game + DLC:s, why change to Epic at all? I don't think DTG wants to abandon Steam anytime soon.

3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I don´t have the game on Steam, but on PS4. I would like to switch to PC because of the performance benefits and other advantages...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I wonder how often the Epic Games Store will have DLC sales. That would be my primary concern vs. Steam. If Epic only gets sales as often as console stores, then you would quickly make your money back from buying your collection on Steam.

Cheers

5. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Thats a good point. We cant know that yet so we´ll have to wait I guess...

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Obviously, if DTG adds EGS to its distribution network, then it becomes a viable alternative to Steam for new players or console players switching to PC. The only unknown is the Epic policy on sales - how often etc. compared to Steam.
    You can certainly play on more than one platform if you had the base game on each one. I assume that the content would be the same across all platforms eventually.

7. bluetiger#2496

bluetiger#2496 Member

Epic generally avoids having that many sales. They try to save everything for their couple of big sales in a year. On the other hand, they often give discount coupons during their sales that make the final prices a reasonable amount cheaper than Steam's sale prices. I can't say how DTG will deal with Epic's policies, but that's the general difference in store policies.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

是es

9. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The add-ons currently available on Epic are the ones that have completed the 4.26 upgrade. Since we're not scheduled to complete all the upgrades until the summer game update is good to go, there will be a short delay in some of them becoming available while the work is finished.

To avoid any doubt, we're aiming for parity between Epic and Steam when it comes to what's available. When it comes to sales, it's quite possible that there'll be a difference from time to time but we've zero intention of favouring one PC store over another (that also includes the DTG store).

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. Callum B.

Will the DTG store continue to only serve Steam keys or will there be an option for Epic users?

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. DTG Protagonist

Good question! I'll ask the retail team.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Thanks for helping out!

13. Pulse#6242

Pulse#6242 New Member

So if i got this straight if you got the game on Epic you can not get the DLC on steam ? I was wondering why not it is just a DLC for the game I should be able to get the DLC on Steam to work with the main game right ???

14. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I believe it's because if you buy the game on Steam, the Epic Launcher can't see that you've bought it (and vice versa), also the Steam version of the game installs to a different place on the computer to the Epic version. It's the same situation on consoles.

Also, they're two completely different versions of the game anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Platforms have always been separate. DLC purchased on one platform are not transferable or playable on another. Of course, there's nothing to stop you playing on multiple platforms, but each one needs its own base game and dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pulse#6242

Pulse#6242 New Member

Ok thanks guess I will have to wait lol . Good thing I check here first

17. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

So every time the base game gets UE update all DLC have to be transferred to new UE?
    Too much hard work for long run considering after 5 years you will see hundred of DLC

18. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Epic Store has been on a very aggressive take by having huge discounts, 10$/€ coupons to use on top of discounts in the past 2 years, and has tried to capitalize on the pandemic where people had to find entertainment indoors by offering free games weekly as well.
    This move is meant to take some of Steam's market share and at the same time offer developers the possibility to retain more of their sales by applying half of what Steam charges. They also signed exclusive deals to make people come to them if they wanted a game (Snowrunner for example).

Even now there is a Sale on Epic, albeit only for some games only.

They have reved down the engines on coupons and they offer them only during some sales now as they are costing them so much money. The store is far from making a profit yet but this is normal during the promotional stage when you pump money to gain share and titles on their side.

I definitely advise you to not turn your back on them as you are losing lots of content if you do.

• Like Like x 2
  19. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes i very like epic

20. Callum B.

Any update on this matter?

Cheers

21. DTG Protagonist

Not yet, but it's on my list.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Pulse#6242

Pulse#6242 New Member

it is already on Steam. I hear there are problems with it!! so idea when us on EPIC will get it