Ps5 Version Of Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by emperorparsy, Jul 28, 2021.

1. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

Is anyone else a bit mythed to why dovetail games seem to be the only developers who can't get the chance over from ps4 to ps5 right lol every game that has ps4 and ps5 versions all have cross profession thus allowing any thing we did on the the ps4 version to cross over to the ps5 version , makes no sense that if anyone playing the ps4 version on ps5 will lose everything if they decide to down load the ps5 version of the game, I been looking forward to this update but now I'm not sure I want it with that news , I have a livery that took me hours to make I don't fancy losing that , I have a bunch of collectables fully completed , don't fancy doing them again, seems like xbin series x don't have an issue cos the have the cloud, well ps hsve a ps plus cloud same thing so why can't we save to the ps plus cloud and it transfers over like the xbin lol doesn't make sense why r they not using the ps plus cloud so we lose nothing and don't have to start again

• Like Like x 3
  2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. For me, Achievements/Trophies dictate my gameplay for the most part. Knowing I have to restart (every August) is disheartening.

Assuming it won't happen, I'm focusing on low hanging fruit achievements, like finishing single-scenarios.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I'm not you're being particularly fair.

A) It's mostly Sony's fault for making it so difficult in the first place. Why didn't they just build something similar to Microsofts smart delivery?

B) If DTG don't manage to get it working they are far from the only one, Control being a high profile example.

C) They've not said it won't happen, they've just quite rightly not promised it as they haven't got a working solution yet.

Fingers crossed Sony has given them some useful advice and they'll manage to get it done before the launch of RH.

• Like Like x 5
  4. kevin.charb81

Same thing happened with FIFA 21: you could upgrade your PS4 copy to a PS5 version for free, but your settings and profile wouldn't come with you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

The benefits outweigh the disadvantages for me - all those extra trains, the improved performance. To some extent many scenarios will be worth replaying anyway

• Like Like x 4
  6. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

When this will be released? any date? and the big engine update?

7. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

I was under the assumption that you could copy your progress from the PS4 to PS5 using a USB stick. Is this not the case?
    I got a PS5 today.
    What is the best way to get TSW2 onto it, with as much progress as possible.
    Thanks very much

8. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

The PS5 at set-up will ask you what you want transfering over from your PS4. If I remember correctly this can be done via ethernet cable, USB, wirelessly ot just by loading it all onto a SSD/HDD.

Anything TSW2 related will work for the PS4 version on your PS5, as of yet they are unsure whether any progress/trophy info will carry over to the PS5 version however, they've said they are "Looking at methods".

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

Yeh I don't mind starting again for a new game but I'm playing the ps4 version on ps5 so when ps5 version comes out o shouldn't lose anything at all cos it all should transfer but on this game it doesn't

10. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

It's actually not a sony issue, luke I sed most games have a cross progression system in place so wotever game I play on ps4 and gas a ps5 version all my saved progress just come
    Actually it's not a sony issue , they contacted Sony and sont told them the issue , so they r working on it yes , but can't they have a cross progress system like every other game , like if i play a certain game on ps4 , them go onto the ps5 version everything I did on ps4 version just comes with me on ps5 version lol loads of games I've played have did this , I think ps plus cloud allows that to happen so why dovetail r having issues with this I don't know

• Like Like x 2
  11. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

I'm more annoyed about my trophies and all the jobs I completed that took hours, my livery I spent so long doing , feels like it's all gone to waste , I mean I can do scenarios again that's not the issue bit building to platinum all my golds medals on the game the 100% jobs is a lil bit too much too lose in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  12. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

No date , only that the epic release has a partial update on it already that's it

13. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

Apparently ps4 version and ps5 version r treated as 2 different games and not an update like it should be so we keep all progress, so atm moment everything u do on ps4 version will stay with ps4 version And u start a fresh on ps5

14. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

See this is my point though why r they not utilizing the ps plus cloud we can save everything on there and transfer it over surely?

15. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

This works only if you are playing the PS4 version on both consoles. If they are two separate versions (i.e. PS4 and PS5) this won't work as they have completely different save areas and each version can only see there own. They only game I've got that did this successfully was Borderlands 3 and you had to upload your save from your PS4 to Gearbox's servers (not Sony's) then download it again to the PS5, it was a right faff. Clearly there is a cost in both development time and storage cost to do it this way as currently Dovetail live isn't built to support it. I agree it's possible and there might be a better way to achieve it but Sony really haven't made it easy!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

DTG have said they are exploring options, the way I see it, starting over yet again (I had to start over when TSW2020 became TSW2) is pretty unacceptable, but not something that will stop me buying the PS5 version as I'm cautiously hopeful they'll pull through when it comes to draw distance, especially on shadows...

Again, with support from Sony, it isn't a massive hurdle to overcome as numerous small developers have made means of transfering and updating players saves, trophies and progress to PS5. With fingers and toes crossed I hope they make it work.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's worth pointing out that liveries and scenarios won't transfer either, and if I had a PS5 I wouldn't upgrade for that reason (as well as pretty much everything else). Of course, the livery and scenario situation wouldn't be issue if we could save them to the cloud and share them...

• Like Like x 2
  18. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you knew but you won’t have to buy the PS5 version if you already own it on PS4, it will be a free upgrade

• Like Like x 2
  19. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

The carry over from PS4 was frustrating for me for about 5 minutes, but since I don't play to unlock all of the trophies and achievements, it doesn't matter a whole lot to me. For the performance boost, free upgrade, and 3 new routes, I'll take the the loss of my previous save file.

20. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

It's not tsw related but I played GTA5 on PS4 and then I got a Ps5 all my progress was transferred over to the Ps5 including trophies and online so hoping it's the same for tsw2

• Like Like x 1
  21. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

You're confused. That's because you are still playing the ps4 version through backwards compatibility, it's not a ps5 game.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

*facepalm*

• Like Like x 1
  23. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Is the PS5 backwards compatible with all PS4 games? I love Dirt Rally 2 and if or when I get a PS5 it would be great if I could still play it on a PS5 Also reading between the lines if that’ were to be the case all my Dirt Rally progress would transfer to a PS5 because it’s still a PS4 game?

Sorry not strictly TSW2 related but it might persuade me more and give me a reason to get a PS5 when they become more readily available and cheaper! and so enjoy TSW2 with the benefits a PS5 supposedly gives you.

I play TSW2 just to enjoy driving the trains tbh. I’m not really that bothered about Mastery challenge, trophy’s, and collecting things on the stations. Not getting all the gold medals I’ve somehow managed to get on the timetable, journey modes, and scenarios transferred onto a PS5 would be a bit of a bummer but not a huge deal breaker at the end of the day.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  24. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I think there's only like 2% of PS4 games that can't be played on the PS5 through BC mode. Pretty much all my PS4 games are playable on PS5 (inc TSW, Uncharted, GTA, Dreams, Dirt Rally 2.0, Detroit: Become Human just to name a few).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

All PS4 games are playable on Ps5 even some PS3 classics too

• Like Like x 3
  26. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

I connected my PS4 and PS5 via an Ethernet cable and transferred all of my content across which included trophies when completed I took up on the PS5 where I left off on the PS4.

27. kevin.charb81

Which only works if you’re playing the PS4 version of TSW on PS5, but won’t apply when they release a PS5 version.

• Like Like x 2
  28. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

That’s fine, if I have to start all over again I’ll enjoy it all the more.

29. kevin.charb81

Same, I'm resigned to starting over, but will give me a chance to dive back into routes like SEHS and HMA which I played a ton upon release.

30. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

U keep blaiming sony, sony isn't the issue lol

31. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

Shouldn't be too hard most games have crops progression meaning play any console same game u keep all progress wotever the platform

32. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

If u understand what dovetail was saying is that if your already playing the PS4 edition on a PS5 Console then u should'nt lose any of your progress u should play on PC when your PC has a meltdown and u go buy a new one u lose your progress as well witch sucks i know how your feeling about this issue know yes Dovetail needs to make a cloud base for players on all platforms so this issue dont happen but there is way wrose issues in the game we need fixed like the dam frame rate

• Like Like x 1
  33. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

Ps5 is backwards compatible to about 98% of its games some older games don't work but it be good with dirt 2 , so anyone that's playing ps4 on ps4 and start playing ps4 version on ps5 then nothing will change but I'm talking about all the progress I've already got on ps4 version on my ps5 if i download ps5 version to my ps5 I should be able to keep my progress of the same game but atm we can't cos somehow dtg never made it so u could save to ps plus cloud and it just transfers over bit they did it with xbin for some reason

34. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

Ps5 version of the game isn't out yet so how u managed that I don't know

• Like Like x 1
  35. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

It should apply though like most games out do

36. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

Frame rate isn't much of an issue for me tbh , yet if i carry on with the ps4 version on ps5 I don't have an issue but if i down load ps5 version I will have an issue apparently which there deffo shouldn't be

37. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Well he is talking about transferring the PS4 version to the PS5, but it's still the PS4 Version...

• Like Like x 1
  38. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

Yeh that's easier transferring ps4 version to ps5 lol I'm talking about transferring my ps4 stuff to the ps5 version which should be possible but dtg r struggling with it

39. box215

box215 Active Member

Please tell me, what is Sony's equivalent to Smart Delivery?
    And can you answer without the childish fanboyisms (xbin, really?)

As other people have stated, DTG isnt the only developer having issues with PS4 vs PS5 versions of games and saves carrying over

40. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

As has been said, this will only apply if I am playing the PS4 game on my PS5 however, I am assuming that when the upgrade does arrive I will be able to play both versions should I want to, PS4 with trophy’s PS5 from new. Not sure if this is correct, perhaps someone can enlighten me!

41. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

On last nights stream DTG said they were hopeful that they now have a solution which will carry over your PS4 save files to the PS5 version of the game so that progress is not lost and no restart is needed. This is still subject to a confirmation though. What they also did say is that anything created in Scenario Planner or Livery Designer definitely will not carry across

They also still expect the next gen versions of TSW2 to come out with the core update. I reckon as the first Rush Hour route is 19th August it will mean Tuesday 17th August for the core update and next gen....their usual pre-route release prep day

• Like Like x 1
  42. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Let’s hope then, but either way, I will still enjoy playing and can’t wait to add Rush Hour to my list of DLC’s.