PC Arosa Timber Delivery Emergency Stop At Yellow

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jeff.engle, Jul 31, 2021.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

I am seeing an emergency stop at the Arosa Line doing the Timber Delivery going through a double yellow distant signal (if I have the info correct). I get the emergency stop before getting close to the expected red stop signal (I don't even see it yet). I checked a You Tube done 4 months ago and it worked fine apparently; so am I doing something wrong or did something change and if so what do I need to do correctly (or will this be fixed in Rush Hour). I do see others have had this issue on the forums but do not see a resolution or confirmation that this is a bug.

Here's a short video

Also, for the life of me I can't figure out how to restart after an emergency stop. I do NOT have any additional safety systems turned on for this example. I tried following the instructions in the manual but I'm either doing something wrong or it's broken.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I am having the same issue now with Scenario #4 Unloaded Wagon Wonderland just before the first stop at St. Peter Molinis. Pass a double yellow and get an emergency stop well before the red.

Another test with a time table passenger train with same results with emergency stop before red.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  2. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

No one running Arosa?

3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to me. I didn't confirm the yellow signal. I solved this problem by turning the locomotive off and on with a key.

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I don't own the Arosa route, but know from experience that in some cases asking the "dispatcher" (press TAB) for clearance does the trick. Have you tried that?

5. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Yes. I did try turning the loco off and on after going through the yellow. It did not resolve unable to recover from the emergency stop though.

6. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks LastTrainToClarksville .
    Two comments on your suggestion - first you shouldn't need to ask the dispatcher at a yellow, and it still does not resolve the issue of not being able to recover from an emergency stop.

Having said that, I tried it again. Dispatcher says denied no route available (but of course the red is still 200 meters away. I did see a train way east just past the curvy part (probably around Langwies or farther southeast. I waited for that to get to Peist where it stopped and would not go any further (waiting for me to move I assume). My light never changed from the double yellow. Still going past the yellow causes an emergency stop with no way that I know of to recover.

In general this was a good idea since it's behaving like a DANGER light, and was worth trying.

7. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

If this is the timber delivery scenario, I have just had another go at it to check.
    Did you press "Q" to acknowledge the double yellow signal, when the "!" appears on the alerter (caution: you may have to press it twice)?
    If you fail to acknowledge the warning the train applies the emergency brake. This applies to all yellow/ vorsignalen on the route.

8. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks!
    That was it - no acknowledgement, but why doesn’t the vorsignalen at Luen Castiel behave the same way, and why no ability to recover since it is not a game ending error.

9. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Spamming ZS Acknowledge constantly until leaving the tunnel at Arosa was how I eventually managed it.

10. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hello Jeff,

To recover from an emergency brake application, please refer to the instructions on page 20 of the manual.

Manual: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/...rosalinie_Driver_s_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1616746756

Before entering the siding at St. Peter Molinis you would have seen a sign with diagonal black lines (0:33 in your video) indicating a Speed Restriction (See page 31 of the manual). To avoid an emergency brake penalty, you will need to reduce your speed below 19 km/h before this sign. You may find it helpful to enable the Next Speed Limit Marker in Settings, Game.

11. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks DTG-Chris. I thought I included my following the emergency brake application recovery procedures from the manual. Next Speed Limit Marker… yes I’ll do that.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021