Now That You Have The Assets, Bring Back Nec New York Please

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paul.pavlinovich, Aug 6, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

It would be very cool now that the locomotives (well, most of them) and the carriages and other assets from NEC are now built for the new NEC Boston-Providence section to put into the roadmap the rebuilding from scratch of the old NEC New York route section that could not be brought into TSW2.

This could be a future DLC, perhaps DTG might consider offering it as freebie or discounted release to the people who had NEC in TSW / TSW2020 and normal price to those that did not. This would be a great gesture of good will to the existing NEC community.

Paul

• Like Like x 4
  2. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I hope it can be expanded, not transplanted.

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean Northeast Corridor Newark,NJ New Haven, CT 84 miles. If they're able to pull off train simulator 21 style routes then 175 miles 280 kms Northeast Corridor Newark, New Jersey Providence Rhode Island.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Yes, expand to New Haven

5. paul.pavlinovich

No, I do specifically mean Train Sim World®: Northeast Corridor New York
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/577357/Train_Sim_World_Northeast_Corridor_New_York/

While I would love it if it was possible to make and operate the entire NEC in TSW2, in reality that hasn't been done in TS2021 either - the NEC is there in disjointed bits
    • Northeast Corridor: New York - Philadelphia
    • NEC: New York-New Haven
    • Northeast Corridor: Washington DC - Baltimore
    I am particularly asking for a replacement for NEC - New York which was a part of TSW and did not make it over to TSW2 due to technical problems. I'm asking for this now because the about to be released NEC - Boston - Providence will have most of the assets needed to re-create the only NEC in the new system.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

My main issue with this suggestion is that you’re just asking for the original route, which went from Newark Liberty International Airport to New Rochelle. It’s a really weird route with two ends that don’t make sense. I feel like if DTG were to return to the NEC in New York, they’d be better off doing New York- New Haven.

• Like Like x 4
  7. paul.pavlinovich

Oh I agree with that, but that would be a new DLC, something I expect we'd have to pay full price for :).

8. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Well who knows, DTG could go the Nintendo way of selling the same product and putting something like “Definitive Edition” or “Deluxe” at the end of the name. Well, it has to be full price now!

• Like Like x 2
  9. paul.pavlinovich

Nooooo, that never happens... oh wait.... "Collectors Edition" lol.

10. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about this however in train simulator 21 the sister game you cannot merge NEC New York Philadelphia with New York New Haven due to different endpoints. In the forum search put in Danny then TS21

• Like Like x 1
  11. paul.pavlinovich

I don't understand why you keep going back to TS routes when I am talking about a specific TSW route that I think could come into TSW2 now that DTG have made the assets for the new NEC route?

Paul

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

The reason why I mentioned TS21 because it has longer route length than TSW2 for US Germany and UK. For NEC New York they can do that as New York Penn Station Providence RI 185 mi if technology allows them to do so. 197 mi if done as Newark Airport to Providence, RI via TF Green Airport Station.

13. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Or in the other direction New York to Trenton.

• Like Like x 1
  14. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I have to say I really do support this. A rarity for me when I comes to US Suggestions, I must say. I enjoyed NEC New York (mostly for the scenery as I didn't have a clue how to drive the ACS-64 at the time :D), but when I actually could I enjoyed a nice run up and down the line.

And also, mostly thanks to last night's stream, plan to buy the season pass for NEC Boston, because it looks really good, as do the assets, which could of course be added back to a NEC NY remake.

• Like Like x 2
  15. trainsimplayer

Ok a lot of this is wrong.

1. Despite you mentioning TS21 over "Route Lengths" you clearly are talking about merging at Philadelphia or something.
    2. "185mi if technology allows them to do so"? I honestly have lost count how many times this has been said, like everywhere, and people don't get the memo - it's not a technological limitation, it's because at a certain point the standard prices become unfeasible.

• Like Like x 4
  16. paul.pavlinovich

Ok so you were just talking about something not relevant to the conversation then? We're talking about TSW2 and we already know it cannot do long routes for various reasons including cost, ability of console players to deal with it, etc.

How about we keep the request small and simple to maximise the chance of getting anything rather than make it large and unwieldy so its simply dismissed out of hand. I would much prefer to keep this conversation going in the bring forward the old NEC using the new assets and route tech so DTG might at least discuss doing it wherever that might lead.

Paul

• Like Like x 3
  17. csxfan#8403

csxfan#8403 Active Member

This can definitely be done. We have the technology

18. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The NEC remake should give us an Avelia Liberty or Acela Express consist and a CSX Genset, ET44AH, and/or ST70AH as DLCs so we can have local and long-distance passenger trains and freight services.

• Like Like x 1
  19. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Personally, while a NEC New York remake would be nice, I think DTG should make the Acella Express first, which would also give them 2 trains and 2 reasons for a NECNY remake

• Like Like x 2
  20. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for warning me to get on Topic from what I can see is this there are two types of 11kv 25hz Headspans the original brown colored PRR 1930s era and the Modern 1990s-2003 headspan overhead contact system poles. In the NEC Newark to New Rochelle route these are used around Secaucus Junction and Newark Airport railway station this is something they need to consider.

• Like Like x 2
  21. trainsimplayer

I don't think it's anything to do with warning you to keep on topic, you do it on threads everywhere.

Be it with mentioning TVL Reskins, Layers, ÖBB, that Oberhausen line, LGV Barcelona or other things. You sidetrack far too easily. Not a dig, you just need to cut it out, it's quite frustrating.

• Like Like x 4
  22. EpilepticWeasel

EpilepticWeasel Active Member

Personally I don’t think they should remake it at all. I agree with a previous post that the route end points didn’t make much sense. I think they should make a new section that runs from New York Penn to Trenton NJ. It’s 58 miles and would include the Amtrak assets from Boston Sprinter while also bringing NJT to the game. NJT appeared on railfan fest for those who don’t remember so my guess is they would be willing to join the game. It would be a great and busy route that would fit in well with the rush hour theme if they wanted to continue to utilize that going forward. NJT has some unique locos that aren’t in the game yet. And it would be another route for the Acela Express that seems like it should be a no brainer for DLC for Boston Sprinter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

If they had to remaster the New York section of the NEC they should do the section from New Heaven to New York or New York to Philadelphia section.

• Like Like x 3
  24. paul.pavlinovich

I like having longer sections, and would happily pay for them as DLC, but would like the original to come back as a freebie or at least discounted for those who had it before. I've seen people here on the forum claim to keep TSW2020 installed so they can play NEC.

• Like Like x 2
  25. driverwoods#1787

Good point and if they wanted a diesel route to join NEC then Raritan Valley Line does the job. They need to consider that overhead contact system headspans at Hunter interlocking date back to 1997 when it was rebuilt

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

The Genset would be the only one that would truly be a good fit, the rest have routes that would work for these a million times better for these suggestions than NEC: New York. The Acela & Liberty in particular would not be great for it seeing as that section of line is very short, and very low speed (for Acela standards at any rate). They would be a much better fit for Boston as while short it at least can take full advantage of the speed. The ES44 & SD70 would be far better for Sand Patch, or indeed just about any other modern American freight route.
    And there's people who keep Flight Sim World installed for its perks, doesn't mean there's necessarily demand for a FSW revival.

If DTG brought back NEC: New York for free then sure I'd play it, but then again there's a lot of things you could get me to do if you didn't make me pay for it. Personally I see no audience for a revived as is version of NEC: New York, anyone who had it I think would want it for free, or at least for a very low price. and DTG aren't gonna do that. And I don't think new players would take interest in it seeing as we now have NEC: Boston, which seems to be much better than the old NEC: New York route in many ways.

• Like Like x 2