Main Spessart Bahn: Preserved Collection Upgrade Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Aug 8, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, preserved collection work is still ongoing, and there are many routes that still need to be updated, and when those are done, the cycle starts all over again. Therefore I'm making a few wishlists for things to come with the Preserved Collection upgrades. Feel free to let me know what else you'd like to see in the replies, and I'll probably include it on this wishlist.

Implementation of new systems:
    • Working PIS systems on stations (should already be included in the upcoming update)
    • Rush Hour passenger system
    • Wet platforms
    • Improved track rendering (should already be included in the upcoming update)
    • Livery editor for included and DLC locomotives/multiple units (DB BR 146, DB BR 185, Dostos)
    • TSW 2 skies
    • The improved tree rendering during winter we saw on the NEC preview, as the route currently looks quite bad during winter, while it in real life is really pretty in winter, and thus it would be fun to play in winter if it looked a little better.
    • Improved distant scenery (more trees, less plastic looking hills)
    • Improved lighting and reflective signs, as seen with Riesa - Dresden
    Timetables, layers and substitution:
    • ICE services, all operated by the BR 406, as the green stripe livery seen on the 403 was not yet present in the year the route is set. Most of these services would be AI only, going onto or coming from the High speed line between Lohr and Gemünden. However, 2 (or a few more) services (one in each direction) could be playable, and go from Aschaffenburg to Gemünden, stopping at both (or the other direction), as some services are diverted along this line when the high speed line is closed. This happens just as often as railtours do, so isn't too unrealistic, and it would add two very unique services to the route. These 'diverted services' would add a nice few unique services, so players probably won't mind the fact that these services are very infrequent in real life.
    • IC services. There are also a handfull of IC services (IC 31) with the BR 101, that like the ICE services run over the high speed line usually these could be AI for those that own the BR 101. However, like the ICE services, a few of these could also be playable 'diverted services' that run over Gemünden (and stop there), adding a few more playable services for the BR 101 that woulf be very fun. I don't think these 'diverted services' would annoy any players, as they are semi realistic and offer new and unique content. Hauling a heavy IC train up the gradient with the powerful BR 101 could be an absolutely fantastic experience!
    • The BR 425 on RB services. In real life the RB between Aschaffenburg and Heigenbrücken was operated by a BR 425, which would be fun to see as a layer on these services for those that own it.
    • Usage of the newer, improved Dostos from HHL (no blue light shining through the roof, dynamic destination boards), for those that own this DLC, on the RE and RB services
    • Usage of the newer, improved BR 146.3 from BRD (better sounds, livery designer compatibility, newer PIS). This would save time needed to upgrade the 146.3, by replacing it by a newer one, but would require new tutorials. I do believe that the 146.3 from BRD subsitutes on MSB for those that own it, but haven't been able to test that myself yet.
    • DB BR 155 on banking services. In real life the BR 151 was used on banking services, in game it's the 185. However, for those who own it, the 155 could be on these services as it's the closest thing to the 151 we have currently in game (6 axles, similar top speeds, roughly built around the same time, but on the other side of the Iron Curtain, etc.).
    • MRCE BR 182 and BR 185.5 substitution. On freight services, these locos would be good to see, so I hope as long as licensing permits it, these locos will substitute on some freight services.
    • More services for the BR 204. Currently, the 204 has very few services, it would be fun to see some more, perhaps even a light freight service along the main line for variety.
    • Fixes to the services that cant get up the gradient. Currently some services can't get up the gradient, either more motive power should be added to these services, or wagons should be taken out to make for a lighter train.
    • Coal wagons from the BR 155 DLC layering in. It would be nice to see some of the coal wagons from the BR 155 DLC layering in, as these could be seen on the line in real life aswell. Perhaps one (or a few more) service in each direction (one loaded, one not loaded), as a double header or with the BR 155 (or a double headed BR 155 :)) could be fun.
    • AI services at Aschaffenburg and Gemünden. Both stations are busy junctions for freight, especially Gemünden. It would be fun to see a few more AI freight (and passenger) services around these large stations to make them feel more alive, and to make it more fun to trainspot at them :).
    Other desired improvements:
    • Reduction of cab sway. Currently on MSB, the cab sway is really intense on sections, making it feel like you'll be thrown out of your seat. A reduction in cab sway on those sections would be nice.
    • Fixes to building textures in Gemünden during winter. Currently, when there is snow, some buildings in Gemünden (the castle and the towers) dont just turn white on the roof, they turn plain white all over. Seeing actual textures on these buildings would be great.
    • Extra scenario planner path for fast through services. Currently, the path for scenario planner on MSB always runs along the slow siding on which the platform is situated, when trying to make an ICE or IC service, this means you are constantly having to slow down, because you're being switched of the mainline into the platform siding.
    [​IMG]
    A BR 101 with an IC overtaking a BR 143 at Heigenbrücken

[​IMG]
    An ICE 3 coming out of the Schwarzkopftunnel near Heigenbrücken

[​IMG]
    An ICE 3 in Partenstein

[​IMG]
    Another ICE 3, overtaking a BR 111 at Lohr

A German video, detailing a recent temporary closure of the high speed line, causing ICE and IC trains to be diverted over Gemünden. In this case, the IC and ICE trains did not make an extra stop at Gemünden, but in game they could, or at least could make a stop in front of a red signal without a passenger loading task being included, to make them playable. In the in game timetable a certain 2-4 hour slot could be assigned for these 'diverted services', during which the high speed line is closed and IC/ICE trains travel over Gemünden

I know not all of these wishes might be possible, but It's just a wishlist (in no particular order by the way). It is also a very personal one, so onceagain, if you have things you'd like to see, let me know and I'll probably add them to the list. The preserved collection work is really appreciated! :)

I know Main Spessart Bahn has just finished its first round of upgrades (which should come out with RH), but as you can see there is a lot more that can still be done.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 19
  2. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I Like that Idea, but I think the whole Timetable needs a rework/ an Update.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jolojonasgames

Yeah, both the BR 204 services, the services that stall on the gradient, IC services and the ICE 3 services all need work. That would probably be best done by an entirely new timetable, and we know how much those can improve a route from Rapid Transit. However, they're also a lot of work, so I can't really do more than hope Adam thinks the work would be justified.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

And also I think I heard, that the BR425 also Run in this Route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for the DB BR425 from Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr they actually start at Rüsselsheim Opel Factory to Heigenbrücken then Back to Rüsselsheim via Aschaffenburg and Flughafen Frankfurt. Why not add in DB BR101 to this too since it's the IC31 service to Nürnberg via Aschaffenburg.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. jolojonasgames

Thanks, I added those to the list aswell. I suggested them both as AI or as playable 'diverted services' over Gemünden :).

• Like Like x 1
  7. jolojonasgames

I've updated some things and added pictures, aswell as a video that provides evidence for the fact that sometimes ICE and IC trains get diverted.

I'm thinking of making a sperate thread suggesting a fully new timetable for MSB, as there is a lot of unused potential.

8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Don't forget the sound fixes for the 146 and 185 :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. jolojonasgames

Those should already be in after RH, of they're still bad I'll add it to the list :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. jolojonasgames

Added a strikethrough to some requests, as they have now been fulfilled by the recent MSB update. Also added a few new things in after the release of BRD.