Boston Sprinter - Famous, Fast And Exhilarating!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 5, 2021.

1. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

and amtrack?

2. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Amtrak uses the turning circle at Boston to 5urn around and also has Providence to Boston services

• Like Like x 1
  3. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Interesting read. One note: please write the metric values in brackets after mentioning "feet" and "yard" values.

4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I'm far from being a fan of imperial units... but hey, you can google a conversion instantly. "x ft to meters"... done. And just for a very fast somewhat accurate hint - 3 feet/1 yard is almost 1 meter (about ninety-something centimeters)

• Like Like x 1
  5. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Something that I liked to see is that, at last, we will have trains without passengers when running to and from the depot.
    It may have been silly but I was really annoyed by this bug, and if from now on there are more passengers it would be even worse.
    So thanks to DTG for fixing it!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This will be a great improvement, buts let’s see if it works as intended. It might not work on all routes from Day 1 - only the Rush Hour routes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yes, that very well might be the case. From their description it seemed like those unload all tasks were in the timetable, possibily making them route specific. However, they also mentioned there was such a task previously, it just didn't work.

We'll have to ask that on a stream at some point I think, we won't know for sure until then.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

The Bakerloo line trains now empty at their destinations/depots on the epic version of TSW2.
    The save function is also working for me on the Bakerloo line whereas before it didn’t.
    So far so good.
    Mike. :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yeah, but BKL and SKA were supposed to get the "Rush Hour treatment" along with the three new routes. So it working on BKL only confirms it will probably work on SKA as well, nothing about older routes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In fact, DTG are only very approximate here anyway- the game thinks 1000 yards is a half-mile, when in reality it's 880. Dollars to donuts its "yards" and "meters" are the same (I suppose this could be tested simply by toggling units and seeing if the distance readout changes).

11. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

From the stream it looks like they are.

12. paul.pavlinovich

They have said the core update will come out a few days before Rush Hour drops.

13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Did you fixed the sound issues from Thursday’s stream?

14. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Since I posted that, plans have become clearer. The update should be live on Tuesday, but definitely by Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. paul.pavlinovich

The sound issue was interesting, Matt kept fading out for me but I could hear the game right through except when his setup failed completely and they ended. As someone who streams - sound routing and sound mixing is my biggest bugbear and I've got dedicated equipment designed specifically to do it and I still have dramas. Windows simply sucks for sound management.

Paul