Db Br442 Red And Silver Vs Lirr M7

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by driverwoods#1787, Aug 9, 2021.

?
  1. LIRR M7

13.0%
  2. DB BR442 SKA Red or Silver Rapid Transit

87.0%
  1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Hi guys it's me Driverwoods #1787 and I'm asking a question which one is a better EMU SKA and RT Talent 2 or LIRR M7. The reason why I'm asking this question is that I did a full DB BR442 Run the 05:18 RE9 to Siegen via Koln Hbf on TSW 2 PC Version Epic Games. My main complaint with the DB BR442 for SKA or the silver version for Rapid Transit is that if you have Tempomat on you must turn it back on in order to accelerate from the station to another station after manual braking from station stop for example Horrem to Koln Hbf. Therefore a Pain in the Arse to get the train going for DB BR442 Red and Silver due to the Tempomat being activated on stop and go. For the M7 from one stop to another, you can just do brake open the door then full power from your stop to the next station. An example is TSW2 preserved TSW 2020 LIRR route New Hyde Park to Hicksville section to which you can do that on PC Xbox Series X Xbox One. While both using a combined Brake and Power levers

2. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I think the SKA 442 is the best, the one from Rapid Transit has extremely broken sounds, they are so bad that i only drive on Rapid transit with other trains in scenarioplanner.
    The M7 also has some sound problems, but not as bad as the 1442. But i dont drive very much on the LIRR.
    On SKA, i also drive without the Tempomat or turn it off to stop, so i dont have problems with the stopping and the Tempomat enabled.

The Rapid Transit Talent 2 does not have the tempomat implemented in the game, and the one from the SKA 442 is turned of automatic when the power handle is below zero, so If you're braking. So i dont quite understand the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a silly comparison, I think. The word "better"does not mean anything to me at least. I really do not understand the Tempomat comments in this discussion. The BR442 has Tempomat on both versions, but if you do not like it, don't use it. It definitely is not active by default.

• Like Like x 4
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Comparing a Talent 2 and a LIRR M7 is just daft. The Talent 2 is not only half a world away, but has different safety systems, a completely different design (including acceleration and braking), a different power system.

It's like asking someone "which is better, India or Turkey", what comparison is that?

• Like Like x 4
  5. trainsimplayer

Well then you must have turned it on. Keep if its such a problem. The Talent 2 is incredibly easy to drive, unless you turn this on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

I like both trains, but the Talent 2 sounds like a spaceship! I'm not the biggest fan of the high pitched noise that the M7 makes.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  7. driverwoods#1787

So you mean operate the DB BR 442 from SKA without the Tempomat .

8. trainsimplayer

Well if it's a major complaint for you, yes.
    I would have thought that would have been an obvious solution but apparently not.

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for the answer and that's why I couldn't get it going after Aachen Rothe Erde down to Köln Hbf