Ruhr Sieg Nord: Preserved Collection Upgrade Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Aug 8, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, preserved collection work is still ongoing, and there are many routes that still need to be updated, and when those are done, the cycle starts all over again. Therefore I'm making a few wishlists for things to come with the Preserved Collection upgrades. Feel free to let me know what else you'd like to see in the replies, and I'll probably include it on this wishlist.

Implementation of new systems:
    • Working PIS systems on stations
    • Working level crossings
    • Rush Hour passenger system
    • Wet platforms
    • Improved track rendering
    • Livery editor for included and DLC locomotives/multiple units (DB BR 143, Dostos (not needed if these two are replaced by the HHL/BRD ondes), DB BR 185, DB BR 155, freight wagons).
    • TSW 2 skies
    • Moving Road Traffic, there currently are no moving cars on the roads along the route it would be nice to see them implemented like on other routes.
    • Improved lighting and reflective signs, as seen with Riesa - Dresden. I think that this would be great on this route especially, as it could provide a nice contrast between dark forests (where you barely see more than the track just ahead and the reflective signage) and well lit industrial areas.
    Timetables, layers and substitution:
    • Usage of the newer, improved Dostos from HHL (no blue light shining through the roof, dynamic destination boards), for those that own this DLC. The dostos are slightly different (HHL uses a full first class coach, while RSN uses a part first class cab car), so let me know if you think all dostos should be replaces, or just the 2nd class ones, which are the same on both routes.
    • Double headed freigth services. For variety, it would be fun to see some services as longer double headers.
    • MRCE BR 182 and BR 185.5 substitution. On freight services, these locos would be good to see, so I hope as long as licensing permits it, these locos will substitute on some freight services.
    • BR 204 substitution/layers, the BR 204 currently isn't seen outside of MSB, but would be a perfect fit for the industrial RSN for those that own it. It could substitute for the BR 363 on some services, or add all new light mainline freight services (which in real life are mostly operated by the V90, but that can be replaced by the 204 as it is just a layer).
    • Usage of the newer, improved BR 143 from Riesa - Dresden (dynamic and working PIS, upgraded sound, working passenger light controls, and possibily more), for those that own this DLC. This BR 143 is just an improved version of the one already in game, so it would be nice to see it instead of the now quite outdated BR 143 that came with RSN.
    • Usage of the newer, improved freight wagons from HHL. Multiple types of freight wagons used on RSN were updated for HHL, now being able to be used in the livery editor. It would be best if they both used the same coaches, so the liveries you make for them can be seen on both routes.
    • Container freight and car transport traffic it would be nice to see the container wagons from RRO/HHL/BRD (preferably the BRD ones which have more containers and functionality) and the car transport wagons from MSB/HHL on this route as layers/substitution too, for variety.
    Other desired improvements:
    • Fix to freight exchange scenario (should already be in after the RH update as far as I know)
    • BR 363 liveries being able to be used in timetable mode (they are currently not, due to a bug)
    • Red marker lights on loco turning on automatically when driving the Dosto cab car. Currently the headlights have to be switched on manually, by walking over to the loco at the end of the train. In real life this also has to be done this way, but in game it would be better if it was automatically set up like this, as you don't have a lot of time to do this yourself at the start of a service.
    • More time to set up your loco at the start of a service. On RSN you always start without a loading task, meaning you have no time to set up your loco for services, please change this so we have a little time at the start of a services to turn on lights, safety systems, etc. wihtout getting delays.
    • Sound upgrades for the DB BR 155 and 185 both these locos need their sounds upgraded. On the 155 in cab noise is too little, and on the 185 sounds are wacky overall (like on all other Traxx locos). On both locos track noise is minimal, if present at all, and this should be upgraded. The BR 143 suffers from the same issues, but as that one will be redone for BRD, I suggest simply replacing the RSN BR 143 with the BRD one (as this will also solve other issue, such as the EbuLa screen, passenger light switch, destination boards, etc.)
    • Fixes to collectibles, correcting the numbers and making them easier to reach.
    • Fix to the 'Langsamfahrt' signal at the entry of Hagen freight yard. Currently the signal there shows the colours flipped the wrong way around.
    • Fixes to the stopping positions of (RE) services at Plettenberg, Werdohl and Letmathe: Currently the RE services with 4-coach formations stop too early in the platform, often leaving a Dosto out of the platform, even though there is enough space on the platform.
    • Correction to the door opening side at Hagen Hbf Platform 2: Currently the game requires the doors on the wrong (right) side to be opened, instead of on the side along the platform (left) to complete loading tasks at this platform.
    I know not all of these wishes might be possible, but It's just a wishlist (in no particular order by the way). It is also a very personal one, so onceagain, if you have things you'd like to see, let me know and I'll probably add them to the list. The preserved collection work is really appreciated! :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 27
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

True. I Hope they fix the Problem with the Backlights and that the right pantograph is raised.

3. jolojonasgames

I'm not quite sure which issue you mean. Do you mean the pantographs being raised on the towed locos on the power move services?

• Like Like x 1
  4. cadeshr6s

If you Drive the Capcar the pantograph next to the Coaches is raised, but it should be the one at the end of the loco. And If you Drive the Capcar, you have to Turn on the Red Back lights of the loco yourself.

5. jolojonasgames

Oh, that issue, I've noticed that too, however, I believe it has been said the pantographp issue not route specific, but a core issue, so I don't think the preserved collection upgrade can do anything about that.

As for the headlights, that does work (mostly) on HHL, so I'll add it to the list.

6. cadeshr6s

And another thing is, that If you start an Timetable Service, you have to Drive instantly, because you do bot have to unload/ load passengers at the First Stop. And I Personaly do bot Like this, because I need the time to Setup the train.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. jolojonasgames

Also a good one, RSN seems to be the only route with this issue, I'll add it to the list.

8. cadeshr6s

The head and Backlights dont Work at both routes with the (br143, br112). But in HHL they fixed it on the loco, but the Capcar ist still Broke. On Ruhr Sieg Nord The locos Backlights do not automaticly Turn on.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

I would really appreciate it if a "set up time" is added to RSN and other old routes like GWE or WSR. In recent routes you have about 2 minutes to set up the train (brake, lights, destination) and load passengers, while in old routes you have to do everything as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Let me add the most important updates:
    - fix the broken sounds on db br 143: sound in the cab is way too quiet, there is no engine sound or track rumble
    - fix the broken sounds on db br 155: sound in the cab is way too quiet, there is barely any engine sound and no track rumble. Just an annoying high-pitched sound
    Some bugs:
    - the left screen in the db br 143 is broken and is completely white, it can't even be turned off
    - coach lights can't be turned on from the db br 143 loco cab

• Like Like x 1
  11. jolojonasgames

Yes, most of the 143 issues should be fixed on the Riesa - Dresden one, so I think just replacing it with that one entirely makes the most sense there. The BR 155 also needs a sound rework, I'll add it to the list.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Collectables on RSN are also a mess. The wrong numbers of two or three of them, some placed in hard to reach places or even fallen over (at least one no trespassing sign is flat on its back).

• Like Like x 2
  13. jolojonasgames

I have no first hand experience with that (I don't really search for collectibles all that often) but I have noted it in the list :).

• Like Like x 2
  14. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Add road traffic since it's the last route in the TSW 2 preserve collection that need cars.

• Like Like x 3
  15. jolojonasgames

Completely forgot about that one, thanks!

The amount of missing features and possible upgrades is sooo large I really hope this gets an update soon. It already is a great route, just imagine what it could be like with these upgrades.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

I would wish that the BR 204 would drive around there. maybe you can set it up so that the BR 363 or BR 204 just happens to be there,

• Like Like x 1
  17. jolojonasgames

Added to the list.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cadeshr6s

I've bought the route but I never played this route much because of the many missing features and bugs with the train. I hope this all will be fixed soon, so that I can play this route.

19. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, how is the time table on the route in the year 2021? Are there any new locos that run on the route or any route upgrades, that trains can drive faster? For example between the first 5 or 10km from Hagen to the next station (I can't remember the name of it) the track looks like, that trains can at least go there 140 or 160 km, because it is mostly straight, I don't know if in real life the DB did something with it

20. cadeshr6s

To Hohenlimburg the tempolimit is 120km/h. The tempo limit is also because of junctions etc. For the Timetable I do not know, but I can look it up, if you wish to.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jolojonasgames

I believe a lot of services are now operated by Talent 2 and BR 425 sets. I don't know of any significant changes to the route, they seem unlikely as the route isn't an important mainline. I also don't think it needs a new timetable, the current one is great as is.

• Like Like x 1
  22. cadeshr6s

But in this case, you could layer the BR425 and the Talent 2

23. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Great list.

I would also like the incorrect "slow speed" (Langsamfahrt) signal fixed. It is located at the entrance to the Hagen yard. Presently it shows colours mixed up (orange above green). It was shown in one of Matt's streams about RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jolojonasgames

Yeah, but that would nearly totally take out the BR 143. It could be an alternative timetable, but I'd hate to see the 143 removed to make place for modern EMU's, as the 143 is more fun to play. These modern EMU's can be played on other routes already (and could be on more, like MSB, where their layering does make sense), so I don't think providing an alternative timetable for them is a priority, as routes like MSB would benefit more from an alternative timetable (see my MSB preserved collection wishlist for all the IC, ICE, additional freight services, AI services and layering/substitution that could be implemented there), though it would still be nice of course. If you really want it and are on PC by the way, there is a mod available that layers in the Talent 2 and BR 425 on RE and RB services.

25. jolojonasgames

added to the list.

• Like Like x 1
  26. cadeshr6s

I know what you mean and I would agree if the BR 143 on BRD is better and get layerd on RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  27. drnicktgm#1259

But still there could be more services, because only Br185 and Br143 is boring

28. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

My biggest wish is to extend this route to Siegen.

• Like Like x 3
  29. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

the route won't be extened it'll be the same route miles between Hagen-Finnentrop

30. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I wish that the station and the freight yard at Hagen would be populated with ai trains if you own RRO. So we would see ai services depart from Hagen

• Like Like x 1
  31. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the inscriptions on the train would be realistic, I doubt that locomotives from Cottbus (DB Regio Nordost) and coaches from Magdeburg (DB Regio Südost) would run on this line for DB Regio NRW.
    RSN 20210809155743_1.jpg RSN 20210809155750_1.jpg
    Same also goes for MSB (DB Regio Bayern) and HHL (DB Regio Nord/Schleswig Holstein) :)

• Like Like x 3
  32. cadeshr6s

Oh thats true there you see they just copy and pasted the wagongs

33. Cramnor

I mean the first time they did these it was probably what the reference material where these came from might have said, and it was just copied without understanding what it means. But then in the future routes, they were just copied on and on (so much about "every loco is started from scratch"). I hope more care will be taken about that on future routes :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  34. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

235080A3-B18B-4A7A-B8C7-517636638D5E.jpeg This is the only Train who runs on Ruhr Sieg Nord

• Like Like x 1
  35. drnicktgm#1259

Sadly it's not DB so it will be a problem to get the license to use this train

• Like Like x 1
  36. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-8-10_22-37-31.jpeg upload_2021-8-10_22-35-54.jpeg

The real life was 143 with N-Wagen and Karlsruhe Steuerwagen from DB, and then also the 425 or 426 in Double Traction

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  37. jolojonasgames

I think introducing all-new rolling stock is way out of the scope of a preserved collection upgrade. Such work is done by the main developement team, and not for free.

As much as I'd like to see n-Wagen (though I think they would be more fun on a '90s route like the Saalebahn or Main-Weser-Bahn), and Abellio, it is just not going to happen in a preserved collection upgrade. Perhaps as DLC, or on a new route, and you could make a seperate suggestion for that if you like.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  38. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The easy way is to use the 425 on Timetable and making Destination Boards for RE16 and RB91

39. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct and it's Abellio Parent Company NS Dutch Railways. There's a DB Red Version of the same Train called DB BR429 which is the same train but red paint like all Deutsche Bahn 442 SKA, 422 RRO HRR 423 HMA & 425 HRR layer HMA EMUs.

40. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the 143 with N-Wagen and Karlsruhe Steuerwagen as a DLC for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  41. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct and Main Spessart Bahn is shared with DB Regio Mitte Frankfurt Am Main Mainz and Saarbrucken. Therefore Dostos must say DB Regio Mitte or DB Regio NRW.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Task

Task Well-Known Member

You can tick the sound improvements for the BR 143 from your list now ;)
    But the rest are still very valid points, I'm looking forward to the Preservation Crew work happening soon on this route. I hope Adam sees this thread.

By the way I think the only station that can / should get the platform departure boards on this route is Hagen Hbf. Every other station is so small that it likely only has the small one-line boards that aren't in the game (same situation as on MSB).

• Like Like x 2
  43. Cramnor

Would be nice if they made the small one liners if that is all there is on most stations, but i doubt it will happen unfortunately :/

• Like Like x 2
  44. jolojonasgames

Theres plenty routes in game or that could one day come, so I don't think developement time would be wasted on making those, as they can be reused a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  45. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Fix the journey mode of the BR 363, services SH11, SH12 and SH 13 aren't driveable in journey mode.

I don't know. if this one is included in the rush hour passenger upgrade, but the pathing for passengers need a fix on some stations:
    For example, at Hohenlimburg, all passengers are waiting in the first half of the platform in direction to Hagen, while the trains stop in the second half of the platform.

[​IMG]

and there is never any passenger on the second platform in direction Siegen.

At Letmathe, after getting off the train, the passengers stand some kind of paralysed in front of the doors...

[​IMG]

Maybe they are frightened, because they know, there is some kind of flash mob waiting for them behind the station building... ^^

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

That would certainly be difficult to achieve, but how about inserting the Timetable for Rhein Ruhr Osten as AI traffic in Hagen. That would definitely make Hagen look more alive. If that were possible, you could do the same thing the other way around with the Rhein Ruhr Osten and the Ruhr Sieg Nord Timetable

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  47. Tom89

Tom89 New Member

My wishlist in addition to the first post:
    - New time of day system from Dresden with reflective signs and updated headlights.
    - New foliage from Dresden.
    - The tracks from Dresden.

• Like Like x 2
  48. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

New BR143 from BRD for RSN.

49. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Can yall please make this route longer this can easily be the best route if it was longer than 20 something km

50. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell of of this was done (minus the reflective signs and livery editor)

None of this was done (apart from the BRD BR143, which IIRC could be used before the update as well). But the DoStos were improved, so at least it's as good as using the HHL ones

This was also done
    These are still the same.

I left out some points as I didn't check wether they changed or not

Quite curious, as the author of this thread, are you satisfied with the update?

I agreed with all your suggestions when you first made this thread, and seeing some things improved but some bugs still being there I have some mixed feeling about it, but overall positive I guess?

Considering how long we waited those updates have been somewhat underwhelming for me.

Last edited: May 31, 2022