Pis Data On Boston - Providence

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Aran, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

The Boston - Providence stream last Thursday gave us a closer look at the PIS on the upcoming Rush Hour route. This post is not about the visual appearance of the PIS screens as that was already discussed on stream but rather the timetable data that gets read by the system.
    Today's article gave us some more screenshots of Boston - Providence, including one taken at Canton Center where the PIS was clearly visible. The first train to arrive at the station was the 14:22 to Boston South Station and was displayed correctly. The second train, however, did not have a destination show up as can be seen below.
    BPD TSW 3.PNG
    This is presumably down to missing data in the timetable which would be needed to have the service show up correctly. This issue can also be seen several times in Thursdays stream while they were walking around.
    With PIS screens now in game I do expect a certain amount of effort to be put in to make them as realistic as possible, this most certainly includes adding all the data that is still missing after the final timetable is compiled.

Another thing that I noticed on stream is that there are no off-world intermediate stations for the trains that leave the map, with the NEC Regional train to Richmond not stopping anywhere between Providence and the final station. This is something that was introduced by Adam and his Preservation Team for the Rapid Transit route when they were working on upgrading that route and although it has not yet made it into the public version due to an unknown bug we know the Development versions do have that functionality.
    With this now being possible, it would be nice to see the devs in the main team take a bit more time to add these stations to future routes instead of leaving the Preservation Crew to do that in a few years, just adding to their already very large pile of work.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

remmember though the streams where dev builds and not what we are getting on the day

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Did we ever have anything fixed from a preview stream to release though?

4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

There were major changes to HS1 after the first preview, and there were quite a few bugfixes between the first and second Cathcart previews, and I can't remember the others really.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Yes I am aware of that, but I'd rather say something now with a chance of it getting fixed than wait until release and have to look at a blank PIS screen. And given DTGs track record with making changes between their preview streams and the release I'm not overly confident that it will be fixed.

• Like Like x 1