Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 10/08/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 10, 2021.

1. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but apparently it was big but now has been split. May I inquire to how we are splitting this lunch bill?

I mean I eat like a bird so I'm not paying the same price as someone who gorges themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I assumed, since DTG planned the big lunch, DTG Protagonist was picking up the tab.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Which route’s buffet service is this coming from again? If it’s north trans Pennine I think I’ll pass, the sandwiches don’t inspire confidence.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Probably to show what is on the ‘road’ ahead

5. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Please, DTG Natster
    I am using this stream as an example of what I want to convey to you. This week I have not been able to watch the video recorded on Youtube because it does not have automatic subtitles enabled. On the other hand, there are others that do, for example last week's video (presentation of Boston Sprinter).
    I attach two images so that you can see it. This one is from Tuesday:
    IMG_20210812_153830.jpg
    And this one from last week:
    IMG_20210812_154426.jpg

As you can see, one doesn't have the subtitles activated and the other one does. Some time ago I seem to remember I created a post but it still hasn't been fixed. Many of us TSW players are not native English speakers and subtitles make it easier for us to understand the videos. I would love to watch absolutely all the videos on the channel, but many don't have them enabled and it's a shame because I can't find out what interesting things are being said about TSW.
    It is possible that more people have this problem but many are not active on the forum, as it is in English or even don't know it exists.
    I would be grateful if you could make the necessary enquiries to make it possible for us to have automatic subtitles on all videos, thank you very much.

• Like Like x 17
  6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

What exactly does this add to this thread? I've seen you post the most pointless posts ever on a few threads now, if it's not going to add anything don't bother.

At least say what you don't like.
    Can't believe I have to actually say this.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  8. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

4.26 today or next week?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Next week. No sign of it today.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a valid comment and question.

11. trainsimplayer

Ah yes "no like" - with no explanation of even what it is they don't like is a valid comment. They could "no like" anything but they just said it as basic as possible.

It could be replying to a post (without reply) it could about the roadmap - or a content of the roadmap.

I don't consider "no like" a valid comment. Nor question.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bakedpotatos.jm

I don't know I did understand "no like" when my child was like 2 or 3. But you never know there aren't any age restrictions for TSW.

Maybe.... just maybe trainsimplayer?

13. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

It is a valid statement, but without the context, it doesn't help the player or DTG. For anything to change, there has to be some detail. Saying "no like" will improve nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Crosstie

Yes, there are. The site is supposedly age gated. According to the terms of use, no-one under 16 should access the site.
    However, I think this is a language issue. The post may be "pointless", but then I've posted a few of them myself. As long as it is not offending anyone, I don't see a problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I probably say Tuesday as they kind of hinted in a previous stream, going to need enough time for the updates to be installed before the Boston Sprinter releases on Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  16. trainsimplayer

It's valid only if there is context, if there isn't it's useless, they don't even say what it is they don't like.
    The forums - despite being open to younger members - are age gated. And I know fine well that the user in question can provide a decent statement, as they did the exact same thing once and was confronted, and then added a more helpful statement. However when most of your posts are basic, have no context, and don't even state what your even aiming it at - there's an issue here. It's just useless imo.

17. madda253

madda253 Member

Shame, I thought it might be updated this week. Not long to go I guess.

Although, maybe I heard wrong but did they not say on stream that it would be a large update and maybe split updates as well?

• Like Like x 2
  18. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I think Steam is going to get bottlenecked when everyone? gets the rush hour update.
    Lets not forget that every DLC you own has to be redownloaded too. Even with new compression at maybe half the size, it's still +100GB if you own all.
    I think they are leaving this update a bit late.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Boston Providence at Midnight on consoles as always or with Time?

20. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

So if the updates come next, then:
    Steam 4.26
    Rush hour and
    rush hour update when you bought it?

Why not do at least 4.26 a week before?
    That can only bring bugs ...

• Like Like x 1
  21. madda253

madda253 Member

Well damn, time to clear some space on the Series X if the download size is true

22. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

I heard Matt say there will be services if you have it. ICEs too.

23. Crosstie

If you're estimate is accurate, that's a very hefty update even for my pretty fast connection. That would hopefully be on Tuesday. Then comes the download of Boston Sprinter on Thursday, which would be a normal 2-3 GB download. After that, of course, will come the avalanche of forum activity, positive and otherwise, which we'll have to wade through. It's going to be a busy week.

• Like Like x 3
  24. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Better to have some ICEs than none at all imo and in the absence of the ICE-T, the 3 will provide a similar experience. (It should be noted that 101s are a rare sight at Dresden these days, but happy to see a close equivalent)

• Like Like x 1
  25. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The user you are referring to is, I believe, a Chinese native (apologies if I'm wrong) and contributes in their own way. Having previously been asked to post in English their contributions may not add much to discussion but an effort is being made nonetheless.

• Like Like x 22
  26. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

I think you have no idea how steam manage games like Red Dead Redemption 2 with a lot more downloads than TSW2....

• Like Like x 3
  27. trainsimplayer

I suppose that's fair. I've probably just jumped to conclusions too fast. I suppose I should be a bit more considerate - or just back off when I begin to become frustrated. My apologies to fanta1682002 for this.

• Like Like x 2
  28. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

I can't remember the game that I was downloading on Steam but it refused to go over 5-6 MB/s so I started to change the location. Somehow I ended up trying West Africa servers. It reached the maximum supported speed of my connection (I am in Europe) so if you feel it's downloading slow, you can consider changing your tunnel/source on Steam.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Michael Newbury

I have to agree on the part of they have the update a little too late myself as well, this probably would have been best if the update had occurred on the Tuesday pasted. If there is going to be bottleneck with users trying to download the update, it might be best to put off buying the new routes until your able to get your update successfully completed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Michael Newbury

Not sure on the splitting into two smaller downloads, hadn't heard anything thought something would have been said on Tuesday.

31. paganSK

paganSK New Member

today i got update {TSW2} on EGS - apx. 600mb - anyone know what is update about ?

32. Michael Newbury

Not sure nothing happened on Steam for me.

33. madda253

madda253 Member

Maybe I heard wrong then.

Either way made some space, should be interesting next week!

34. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Damn, forgot to put question in nm. But I will say not releasing the 4.26 update might cause headaches further down the line especially if released close to a route release.

If they are still adding to it then fair enough but releasing it just two days in front of a route? 'I can see trouble ahead'. Releasing it in chunks might help people with slower speeds but don't know if that is possible. As I mentioned before I would've liked a week beforehand but if DTG think everything will go without a hitch I hoped their confidence is not misplaced.

• Like Like x 2
  35. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Nobody is forcing anyone to install the update and new routes within days though….. If people feel happier installing the update and then using it for a week or so before installing new routes then they can do just that. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  36. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Also bare in mind the summer months are when more people are likely to be away so naturally staggers out the updates

• Like Like x 1
  37. Michael Newbury

I would have been happy if they released the update last week, giving every ones systems time to update, and allow users time to get used to the new layout. Also giving time to find little issues to be found if any and have the ability to fix them before the new routes release.

It will be interesting to see how Steam will manage with this, I would hate too see Steams system to become over whelmed and crash.

• Like Like x 3
  38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's not just a matter of time, but of money. Sure, they could have piled on more devs; sure, they could have delayed it until Christmas. But all that developer time has to be paid for, and the route has to be delivered within a target budget.

• Like Like x 1
  39. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this "budget" guy was in the meeting room when the "project" guy and the "other" guy when they decided that the route is out in the summer.

I get it, things can change, and sometimes it's unavoidable. What I see the most is that cut-offs happen often and it seems that the budget is prioritized over anything else.
    Maybe this example has a bigger impact due to the scale it had so let's look at Cyberpunk. It arrived because it was time to arrive according to the "budget" guy and they pushed it out come what may. Was it a good decision? It's never a good decision when money talks. No matter the domain, no matter the level.

• Like Like x 5
  40. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Now the changelog is out, it's nice to see that ECW will get PIS next week, but no mention of the skybox being updated. Seemingly we will miss a nice sky update for what I'd imagine would be little effort to update the sky blueprint on ECW, or is was this missed off the change log?

Did Adam's preservation crew update the skybox on LIRR and Rapid Transport on their update? I don't own either of those.

• Like Like x 3
  41. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I think it was communicated that the "normal" fixes are not always listed. Because otherwise the list would be 3 pages long. Every updated route got the new sky, so i'd guess because this is standard, it is not listed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. dhekelian

You're assuming everyone is patient, I'm sure some are and will do exactly that great. But I bet there will be a large amount of people that will install the route straight after the patch has finished. Would releasing the patch a few more days earlier (if finished) to give more a gap between the release of the first route be that difficult, especially when it could help if there are issues which hopefully there won't.

• Like Like x 1
  43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

From the patch notes for Great Western Express:

• Disabled TPWS functionality to prevent instances of Brake Demand occurring when it shouldn’t.
    This is VERY disappointing. Talk about taking the easy way out! Don't fix the problem, just disable a major system. We are not amused.

• Like Like x 11
  44. dhekelian

DTG have said how they having to re-do all the routes in TSW2 to make them compatible with RH only to now say the updated GWE still won't work properly. I originally bought TSW2 because of GWE like a lot of others did and now no RD support and even taking TPWS away. Like you said really not amused.

• Like Like x 1
  45. bakedpotatos.jm

GWE is a preserved collection not a TSW 2 route. And the switch from TSW1 to TSW2 is where the issue was.

• Like Like x 1
  46. dhekelian

But they are still having to re-do all the preserved collection to make it work in the new update. So if the preserved collection is having to be 'written from the ground up' I don't see where the problem is.

• Like Like x 1
  47. conniethunder

I'd just like to see everything I paid for in TSW2020 (which was every route and loco), carried over to TSW2.
    I would look forward to this and bug fixes far more than new routes. There is currently plenty to play and occupy ourselves with!
    The more I see of the Boston route from streams, the less impressed I am. That 'ring' at 5MPH? is worse than Cane Creek at 25!

• Like Like x 1
  48. bakedpotatos.jm

Its not being rewritten is only being re-baked and obviously they still can't make it work right since the update from TSW1 to TSW2.

Basically they would have to do as you say re-do so build from the ground up. And they are not going to spend the 8 weeks it takes to build a route from scratch.

Baking is really easy compared to re-doing a route.

If they did have to rebuild from the ground up we wouldn't get the preserved collection or have gotten them on to TSW 2 for free.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  49. conniethunder

Careful with the word 'Free' there.
    TSW2020 to TSW2 wasn't like coding a route from Train Simulator 2021 to TSW2.
    It was no different (or certainly could have been) than the current change in U.E. version coming with Rush Hour.
    New routes/locos = more money which excels keeping a loyal fan base - at least in DTG's board room meetings!

• Like Like x 3
  50. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

And your point is. The NEC route in TWS had a 5mph ring too. You say you want everything you paid for in 2020, that had one too. It's prototypical.

I think you're just nit picking.