Union Pacific's Wasatch Grade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fvcpc, Aug 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. fvcpc

fvcpc New Member

Has anyone else had trouble with the Fruit Express 2 scenario, whereby you cannot load coal into the Big Boy once reaching Evanston? No matter what I try, the coal will not load and the scenario cannot be completed.

2. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I haven't tried that scenario but shall give it a go in a day or two. Which scenario do you mean as I have none named Fruit Express 2? I own Smokeboxes Big Boy and all of the scenarios are now using that instead of the DTG Big Boy and I think that the scenario names have been changed.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  3. fvcpc

fvcpc New Member

The scenario is: Union Pacific's Wasatch grade, Fruit Express Part II

4. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I've completed both parts of it and had no issues whatsoever, and I've also used said coal loader in quick drive as well, so should be working just fine. Only thing that might be different for me is that use Fan Railer's mod pack, which improved the included stock quite a bit. But I can't imagine that having any impact on the ability to use coal loader in anyway.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  5. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How is the OP driving a Big Boy on the Wasatch Grade which is an old version?

7. Smokebox

Smokebox Active Member

Let me try to clear up the confusion.

The Wasatch Grade route DLC comes with a number of career scenarios that use the "DTG" Big Boy and Challenger, both of which were made originally by IHH, a long time ago, and were subsequently upgraded slightly by DTG. They've been further modified a little bit by Milestone Simulations for inclusion in the route package.

Entirely separately, I made a new Big Boy which has absolutely nothing at all to do with the DTG/IHH/Milestone Big Boy. I also included a collection of freight cars and cabooses that are also separate from what is included in the route DLC. Mine have more accurate physics (including slack action) and are recognisable by having generally darker texturing.

As part of my loco DLC package, I included eight more career scenarios that are set on the Wasatch Grade route (permission for this was obtained from Milepost Simulations). So, when you look at the list of career scenarios for the route, you see the ones that came with the route plus the ones I wrote for my own Big Boy (if you've bought it).

The Wasatch Grade route DLC career scenarios haven't been altered at all. They still use the DTG/IHH/Milestone locos and rolling stock that they've always used. My own career scenarios use my Big Boy and its accompanying rolling stock. They also use the DTG/IHH/Milestone locos and rolling stock purely as AI traffic.

The old Big Boy can no longer be purchased from the Steam store as a standalone loco DLC package (that was DTG's decision, nothing to do with me, although I'm glad they did it), but you will still get the DTG/IHH/Milestone Big Boy if you buy the Wasatch Grade route (because nothing that I've done has had any effect on the route DLC). Also, just to be clear, you do not get my Big Boy just by purchasing the route. On the other hand, you do have to own the route DLC in order to play the career scenarios included in my Big Boy loco DLC (I know, it's pretty obvious, but I'm stating it for completeness).

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. fvcpc

fvcpc New Member

Thank you one and all!