Rhein Ruhr Osten: Preserved Collection Upgrade Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Aug 8, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, preserved collection work is still ongoing, and there are many routes that still need to be updated, and when those are done, the cycle starts all over again. Therefore I'm making a few wishlists for things to come with the Preserved Collection upgrades. Feel free to let me know what else you'd like to see in the replies, and I'll probably include it on this wishlist.

Implementation of new systems:
    • Working PIS systems on stations
    • Working level crossings (a handfull are present on the fast line)
    • Rush Hour passenger system
    • Wet platforms
    • Improved track rendering
    • Livery editor for included and DLC locomotives/multiple units (DB BR 422, MRCE BR 185.5, freight wagons (not needed if replaced by the newer models from HHL))
    • TSW 2 skies
    • Improved lighting and reflective signs, as seen with Riesa - Dresden
    Timetables, layers and substitution:
    • ICE services, all operated by the BR 406 (and 403 for those that own HMA). If the ICE 1, 2, and/or 4 ever get added, they can substitute on these new services.
    • IC services, all operated by the BR 101 with IC coaches, for those that own this DLC
    • Fixes to the wrong BR 442 being used. Currently on services, you can end up with a BR 442 from HRR, which has the wrong destinations. Worse still, the other unit you're coupled too will still be from RRO, thus not copying the destination you select. Making it so the RRO variant will always be used, or both variants become one (with all destinations) would be a great improvement.
    • Usage of the newer, improved Dostos from HHL (no blue light shining through the roof, dynamic destination boards), for those that own this DLC
    • Usage of the newer, improved freight wagons from HHL/BRD. Multiple types of freight wagons used on RRO were updated for HHL and BRD, now being able to be used in the livery editor, and in the case of the container wagons, having more variety. It would be best if they all used the same coaches, so the liveries you make for them can be seen on all routes.
    • Double headed services (for the services that can't get up the gradient). Currently some loaded petroleum services from Hagen to Wuppertal can't get up the gradient. As double headed services are entirely missing from RRO, it would be nice to see them on these services, hopefully solving the issue.
    • The Talent 2 on some RE/RB services? The Talent 2 is operated by National Express on RB48 and RE7, it would be nice to see the Talent 2 from SKA on these services. However, the route might be set before the National Express takeover, in which case the Dostos currently used for these services would probably be more accurate, let me know your thoughts on that :)
    Other desired improvements
    • Fixes to gradient changes, currently there are some abrupt gradient changes on RRO, which really are annoying, and destroy immersion. It might be difficult to do, but fixing those would be a massive upgrade.

I know not all of these wishes might be possible, but It's just a wishlist (in no particular order by the way). It is also a very personal one, so onceagain, if you have things you'd like to see, let me know and I'll probably add them to the list. The preserved collection work is really appreciated! :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 23
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I still want to see Cologne Wupperthal, than we can talk again what trains need to be on both routes so it is perfect, because only RRO is to short, getting the connection Cologne-Hagen would be much more awesome and there would more trains make more sense

• Like Like x 2
  3. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Thank you! Could not agree more.

As regards the ICE ad Talent 2, I would also like to see them on RRO as drivable timetable services and AI trains. Yes, the Talent 2 in DB Regio livery is not 100% period correct, but neither are the DoSto types used. Some variety on RRO would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jolojonasgames

I believe all ICE and Talent 2 services stop at least twice on the route, so pretty much all services should be playable. :)

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Everything in this list would be nice to see BUT...
    ...this is an absolute must-have for when the route gets revisited. This is the sole reason I haven't touched the route for more than a year.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Sadly this isn't possible, the ICE 1 and ICE 4 can't substitute on 403/6 services as they have a different number of wagons. ICE 2 would work.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. drnicktgm#1259

there is a shorter variant of the ICE 4 with only 5 wagons

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Dostos Cab Car need to be drivable TrainSim-Adam because Matt talk for a while about it, that it should be included.

Also this Route has the Same Texture Glitches like I mentioned on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr to be fixed in the Trains or Stations.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Task

Task Well-Known Member

The ICE 3 still is 8 wagons.

10. jolojonasgames

Kinda forgot about that rule, oops. That means it can't be done automativally by the system, but the fact that those services are already in the timetable should still make them easier to add for the ICE 1 and 4.

11. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I don't think so, sadly. The problem is DTGs "Don't take away content later" rule. When you switch ICE 3 to ICE 4 services for example, you take the services away from everyone who doesn't own the ICE 4.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

The PIS of the DB BR 442 urgently needs a general overhaul. When I want to drive on RRO the game loads defying the 442 from HHR or even better, one half of the unit from RRO and the other from HRR. My Suggestion would be to just give both 422 the same PIS, with all travel destinations. A complete one, even if it means that you have to scroll through longer.

(I can dream, how about a couple of destinations for SKA:D)

• Like Like x 1
  13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s mixed with the HRR 422, so the Destination boards are broken, because one is from RRO and the other from HRR.

14. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

The shortest ICE 4 is 7 car.

15. cadeshr6s

But you could say that the service just switches if you have the DLC and let all other drive without the DLC

16. cadeshr6s

Thats Right, in Reallife the ICE 2 drive on the ICE line 10 to Berlin and gets substituded by the ICE 4 with 7cars. The Plan is to replace the old ICE 2 with the ICE 4.

17. drnicktgm#1259

That's what I mean, two loco things and then the 5 wagons in the middle, I only forgot to say that it's a 7 car train

18. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Afaik that's not possible in TSW.

19. cadeshr6s

They have no Power Ends they have power cars in all 7 cars can sit people. You mean the ICE 1. The ICE 2 has one capcar and one Power End.

20. cadeshr6s

But its like with the DLC trains now they substitude each other and you get variation without them you can dirve the service with an other train. Best Example are the cargo trains

21. bobbobberdd

"Funny" Thing. The 422, which has the name "NRWBR422" in the Scenario Planner, already has an improved PIS with everything that the Dostos and the 146/182 can display. f45a87b6-57ec-48c8-9622-306f9a0e8b4f.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Ah I forgot one thing.
    Can the DB BR 425 get the RB48 Services on RRO because it was driven in real life, before National Express.
    The 422 as Regionalbahn looks really off.

• Like Like x 2
  23. jolojonasgames

I currently have already listed the Talent 2 for RB services, but the 425 would also work, depending on in which era the route is set.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jolojonasgames

Added that one in aswell. That indeed is a very annoying issue :).

• Like Like x 1
  25. Task

Task Well-Known Member

That's what I said before. That sadly wouldn't work for many trains as the substitution system can only swap single locos or mutiple units with the same number of wagons. So an 8 car ICE 3 can't be swapped with a 7 car ICE 4 or a 14 car ICE 1.

26. cadeshr6s

Or DTG can make the Switch for the people with the DLC manual and Bring this as an Update with the DLC

• Like Like x 1
  27. drnicktgm#1259

I would like to have an sound improvement for the Br422, because the original sound sounds different from the sound that TSW uses, here is an example
    And it would be really cool if we would get the green livery for the train upload_2021-8-13_17-36-28.png

• Like Like x 1
  28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

You Need ask the VRR

29. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That would make sense because of ICE Line 43 towards Basel via Flughafen Frankfurt Am Main on the SRM Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main. ICE Line 10 & 12 use ICE 1 & 2.

30. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

5 cars no I think,only 7 coaches and 14 coaches

31. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

I believe that there is also some service with 16 cars but they are ICE 2

32. drnicktgm#1259

I mean it is a 7 car unit but in the middle between the controller cars there are 5 wagons, that's what I meant

33. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Just to set the debate:
    -ICE 1 mostly has 2 locos + 12 cars between them (sometimes 11 or 13), they're now getting rebuilt and dropping the car number to 9 on some units.
    -ICE 2 has one loco, six cars and a cab car
    (only ICE 1 and 2 had dedicated locos, the rest uses powered bogies in cars)
    -ICE 3/3M/3(MS) all consist of 8 cars, the powered ones are the 1st, 3rd, 6th, 8th (so both cab cars and two middle cars)
    -ICE T came in two variants - 7 cars and 5 cars (the 5 car version is mostly used in combination with the longer one on high passenger volume trains, never seen it alone on a service)
    -ICE TD was 4 cars diesel version, due to their flawed design and technical problems nearly all have already been scrapped despite being only about 24 years old
    -ICE 4 is designed to be the most modular version, so it can be made in a bunch of combinations, but currently, the focus is on 7, 12 or 13 cars (the longer ones overtaking services from ICE 1s)

• Like Like x 1
  34. driverwoods#1787

One is retained as a Test Train perfectly suited for a scenario that requires a Test train to run on Rhein-Ruhr Osten Hagen Hbf to Wuppertal Steinbeck then a DB BR422 afterwards

35. drnicktgm#1259

It would be really nice if they would update the sound of the Br422 because it doesn't sound right, the beginning is fine, but when you drive faster, it doesn't sound like the real train

• Like Like x 2
  36. bobbobberdd

A little detail that bothers me for some reason. The Route Photo in the Main Menu shows an S9 to Wuppertal but in Hagen. Now there are two Options for me. 1st. The Person who took the Photo had no idea of the Route and simply put Wuppertal in the PIS or 2nd. The Person knew the Route, saw the DB BR 422 buggy PIS and did not care.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  37. jolojonasgames

Never noticed that myself, probably can't unsee that the next time I open the game :).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  38. bobbobberdd

Sorry

• Like Like x 1
  39. Der_Jannik

Der_Jannik Member

It would be cool if the "Ennepetalbahn" is getting officially added. The tracks are already there, but not accessible.
    This scenario is the only one, I know of, that uses these tracks. They would have to work on the surrounding, but I think it would be a great addition to RRO.

40. driverwoods#1787

Good point and if you are looking at the current time table for S-Bahn Rhein Ruhr Osten S9 does run to Hagen Hbf from Wuppertal Steinbeck like the S8. That means it can fill in the gaps on the S8 Route to Hagen Hbf from Wuppertal Hbf