New Pc Tsw2 And Or 2020

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VGK, Aug 16, 2021.

1. VGK

VGK New Member

Hi Guys being a newbie I guess I'm starting with a clean slate and a new PC. Apologies, if this topic has been done to death, I'm still wading through all the many Forums out there. So I really want to collect as many of the 70/80s British Diesel locos as possible. Question: is there any benefit in downloading TS 2020/1 for any content that isn't available in TSW2, is it possible to mix the two simulations on one PC or run a loco from TS 2020 on TSW2 or is just a matter of buying them then just download the DLC's I want. Watched a You tube video from TSW 2020 of a Class 40 to Leeds pulling passenger coaches which was awesome I'd hate to miss out on this experience; however, I am liking the graphics of TSW2.

2. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

The only content that is not ported from TSW 2020 to TSW 2 is:
    - Train Sim World®: Northeast Corridor New York (Newark to New Rochelle)
    - Train Sim World®: Amtrak SW1000R Loco Add-On
    - Train Sim World®: CSX GP40-2 Loco Add-On

All of these are based in the USA. Everything else is available in TSW 2.
    There is quite a lot of historic British content (indented locomotive addons require the route above it)
    • Northern Trans-Pennine: Manchester - Leeds Route Add-On (year 1983)
      • BR Heavy Freight Pack Loco Add-On
    • Tees Valley Line: Darlington – Saltburn-by-the-Sea Route Add-On (year 1989)
      • BR Class 31 Loco Add-On
      • BR Class 20 'Chopper' Loco Add-On
    • Train Sim World® 2: West Somerset Railway Route Add-On (heritage line in +- current year)
      • BR Class 33 Loco Add-On
      • BR Class 52 'Western' Loco Add-On
    • Diesel Legends of the Great Western Add-On (available only with the Great Western route, but the route itself is set in year 2016, resulting in a lot of anachronisms)

There are some benefits to getting both TSW 2020 and TSW 2 as the TSW 2020 content should unlock in TSW 2 as well, but I'll leave that tip to someone more knowledgeable than me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The only benefit really is that TSW2020 DLC are sometimes sold at a lower price than TSW2 so you could pick them up cheaper, but you need a licence for the base TSW2020 game to have the licenses provided for free in TSW2 (ie you can't just but TSW2020 DLC without the base game and get the license for the TSW2 version)

• Like Like x 1
  4. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

If you mean Train Simulator 2020 (or 2021 now), it's technically a different game. Currently there are more contents in Train Simulator but none of them can be used in Train Sim World 2 or Train Sim World 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Completely missed that the W wasn't there on TS2020/21
    Yep, they're completely separate games and have no interlink or crossover between them if that's what you meant