East Coast Main Line: Newcastle - York Late 70s/early 80s

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Aug 16, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

With TSW3's announcements, and the new 90 mile routes, I think its time Dovetail Remake's
    East Coast Main Line: Newcastle - York Late 70s/Early 80s
    73 Miles of English countryside, this route is a Hot classic from the Early Train Sim Classic days, This route gave many hours of fun and nostalgic memories for many people, including me this is probably one one of my Favorite routes of all time from TSC, and IMO its time to bring it to the Train Sim World franchise with the soon to be released TSW3,

to start lets talk about
    A Very Basic Description of The Route:
    Starting on the south side we got York, Our southern terminal, once home to the Biggest signal box, before newer signal systems come around,
    continuing on we pass Thirsk and Northallerton before we hit Darlington, which is Notable because its the Western termini of the Tees Valley Line, we continue on passing Durham and Chester-le-street (wth is up with english names?) before we hit our Northern Terminus Newcastle,

The Services:
    Express and Suburban services are the Normal here, Freight can come from TVL and HFP, NTP Can also rope in Trans Pennine services.

The Locos:
    BR Class 55 "Deltic":

The BR Class 55's were highly requested Locos for TSW, and for good reasons, they are so Famous, Historically Important, and Simply purty Sounding, these Of Course run Express services, Up Down sidways you name it along this route, the Deltics can also Layer to NTP as IRL when these were beinmg phase out around this time they did some work on the Trans Pennine route,
    BR Class 55.jpg

Paxman Valenta Class 43 HSTs:
    Who am I To make this Suggestion but not include these? The Fastest Diesel trains in the World, The HST 125s are a Great candidate for this Route, of course with those Damn Paxman Valenta engines everyone wants, how would we get the sounds? idk just rip em from TSC
    HST 125.jpg

BR Class 105:
    mmm First Gen DMUs, the Class 105's takes the Local Service role on the route, I could've easily said "use the class 101" but no i want something new and the 105s would do nicely, these can come in 2/3 car sets, but can also Layer to NTP, TVL, WSR, and maybe even DLOTGW,
    BR Class 105.jpg

Rollingstock:
    BR MK2a:

The Specific variants im talking about are the FK/TSO/ and new addition BSO for use on Express trains.

Potential DLC:
    BR Class 02:

an Original DLC for the Original ECML (now gone from the Steam store :( ) these Dinky little units would make a Great DLC for this route, i hope to see it come, may bring Shunting Related stuff which can allow shunting layers in from HFP and TVL.

Plausible Layers:
    In:

NTP Can bring some Trans Pennine services to this Route as on NTP many would continue on to Newcastle along with Freight, Newspaper trains, and shunting with the 08, along with allowing us to use the Class 40/45/47, the MK1 BG Can Substitute for the BSO.
    TVL Can bring even more freight with 08 Shunting, and allow us to use the Class 20/31/37 and 101, especially since it meets this route at Darlington.
    Out:
    This Route can Bring this version of the HST to NTP, GWE and Diesel Legends,
    The Deltics can be Layered onto NTP, WSR and Diesel Legends with it on Railtour use as well.
    The Class 105 can be Layered to NTP, TVL, WSR, and Diesel Legends
    And the MK2 BSO can substitute for the BG at the end of trains on NTP and Diesel Legends.

The End:
    well here we are a Updated verson of an old suggestion, considering now its more Plausible then ever to see, im out of here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 21
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Yes to the Deltics.

• Like Like x 3
  3. VGK

VGK New Member

Couldn't agree with you more finntd. I've just come across TSW2 didn't realise the graphics had come such a long way in the last few years. So I'm currently investing in a new PC to run it well, and have selected all the dlc's I want from my bygone years as a train spotter on Darlington Station in the 80's. I want all the Thrash all the clag of all the good old locos DTG can offer 33, 37,40, 45, 47 wait what's missing the 55 Deltic!!!!!!! I know its been done in older sims but Id guess the majority of players of this are old spotters like me from the 70/80/90s who must want the Deltic. And yes York to Newcastle is icing on the cake.

• Like Like x 2
  4. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

Can't beat Deltics and Valenta HSTs

• Like Like x 2
  5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

DTG take my cash.

• Like Like x 4
  6. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

that made me chuckle

• Like Like x 2
  7. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Petition to add this route to TSW2, just for the Deltics, But this route as can't be busy as BML, Which means layers wouldn't only for next-gens and PC.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but when it comes to the layers on consoles only the Xbox Series X/S PS5 can use the PC timetable due to their power. Now the question is this where would DTG get the sounds of a Class 105 DMU? The Deltic is inside the railway museum at york

9. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Multiple Deltic locomotives out there. The one at NRM is the prototype. As for Class 105s, I believe that they had power units used on other 1st generation dmus so just a similarly powered unit should be suitable.

10. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

3 Class 105 Cars are Preserved with a a complete Operational 2 Car set based at the East Lancashire Railway

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thanks for telling me about this and for the East Lancs Class 105 DMU it will get the Armstrong Powerhouse/ DTG Sound Unit microphone setup.