Update Release For Steam At Thursday

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, Aug 17, 2021.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

I only have one wish: Release the update at Midnight and not at 5 pm so peeps can download the update through the night and dont lose a day. Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  2. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

i agree with the above, as I don’t see how postponing for 2 days will solve the problem of the update being released on different platforms.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 4
  3. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Or release it tomorrow.

And please DTG. Dont suggest an update day if you cant hold it. Thanks.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Is this an official confirmation? I find no information by the.team it self

5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

6. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

Check this post.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/core-update-thursday-19th-august.43504/#post-353418

To be honest, I'd love that too. I'd rather have it being able to download in the background during my working day. Then having to download this big update after my day is done, and probably spending a lot of time waiting to be able to try it out.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Xander1986

Okay sofar I understand is this due to issues with the console older version vs next gen. Why they choose to delay the steam update? That's complete different story....

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

I think you both misunderstood. How I understand it, DTG JD is talking about 2 separate things.

1. The update is being pushed to Thursday along side the release of Rush Hour Boston Sprinter route.
    2. They can't tell the exact time of release on Thursday when it releases due to the different platforms and their different deployment mechanisms/policies.

Summarizing;
    Core update + Rush Hour Boston Sprinter release on Thursday August 19th at an unknown time of day. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Clumsy Pacer

Because they want the update to go out everywhere at the same time, or at least on the same day. I remember a few months ago they released an update and I believe it didn't go out on xbox for some reason and so they didn't release the patch notes and people got very annoyed about both. I think, my memory of it's a bit fuzzy.

10. Xander1986

I beleve DTG gives more care on console than steam i beleve... always console users are ealier and the steam users have earn there mony to create a steam version... So in that case the console users are very favored!

11. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Stupid decision to release this core update on Thursday:(

• Like Like x 4
  12. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

They can't do this, at least for Steam users, because they want to do the release when the main staff at Valve is working (their office is in the US West Coast).

13. Xander1986

Whats wrong with push the release button and wait until now and thursday? They can give a notice on facebook/twitter when it is there for the console version or pc version? Always better than download 300GB at all the same time.... And a question @the team how do you prevent that people block the update and download the Boston Sprinter dlc before the have finish they whole update? I see a lot off issues incoming...

• Like Like x 5
  14. Xander1986

That steam is not there is not true... there are so many games they releae at midnight EU timezone

15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Not happy with the fact they have now chosen to hold off the big update until Thursday now, I had left my computer on overnight for the update. Thinking that it would start around midnight and would be done by the time I got up in the morning. But to my disappointment nothing happened, and now I see why nothing happened in the announcements. But from the explanation given I am not satisfied with and believe they haven't explained why the hold off and, this is a huge mistake DTG.

As I was counting on the big core update going as planned which would give everyone at least a full day to make sure everything was good with the download before getting the new route.

• Like Like x 6
  16. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

I am annoyed that they just change their decision with a insincere apology so many times. Just like they cut the branch of the upcoming German route

• Like Like x 3
  17. Michael Newbury

They could have easily done that last night at midnight on Platforms, this is just not acceptable patch notes were already released. And was stated on the last Rush Hour stream that the update would happen on Tuesday. Matt even suggested leaving your computer on overnight, for which I took that the download could possibly start at midnight and would have completed or almost completed by the time you got up in the morning.

There was nothing stopping them from doing this instead now they have chosen the update to occur with the new route. So this means that there is no way of making sure that the big core update downloads and installs without any issues. Instead now you will get the big core update and the Boston Sprinter together, and something goes wrong it could leave you with a nightmare if the game does not launch or is not playable do to a issue realted to the update.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Michael Newbury

That is what I was counting on last night, but was very disappointed to find that nothing occurred.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Newbury

I strongly agree there should have been no reason why at midnight it just starts downloading for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Newbury

Yup in the announcements this morning they have made it official it will now occur on Thursday along side the release of the Boston Sprinter.

21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, midnight UK time on Thursday would be 4pm Wednesday on the West Coast, so how would that work except to cause even more confusion?
    Are you suggesting that US players waste their evening sitting on the download?
    You're right that 5pm UK is not good, either, but that's how it's always been for TS and TSW.
    How will it work for EGS, anyone know?

22. Willywill

Willywill New Member

All this means to me is wait til Friday to download (and possibly wait til the following week)

• Like Like x 3
  23. Michael Newbury

I am annoyed as well as I left my computer on overnight specifically for the download to occur.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Xander1986

Okay but when that's the case you think there is no nightshift or what? Valve is one off the biggest company in the world.....

• Like Like x 1
  25. Michael Newbury

That is not entirely true there should have been no reason why the update on steam goes as planned this is DTG making things more difficult for everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Michael Newbury

For me this now means putting off buying the route package until at least the weekend to make sure everything the update time to settle to make sure everything runs fine.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Crosstie

Not a bad idea, I might do the same. I wonder if the launch discount will still be there.

• Like Like x 3
  28. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Why don't we all wait till after tonight's stream before kicking off about the delay too much.

For all we know there could have been a last minute glitch or glitches found in the update which has meant delaying the release of the update. If this is indeed the case and they had knowingly released a faulty update today anyway everyone would have been kicking off because the update broke their install or whatever so like I say let's see what is said later this evening.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Crosstie

Well, if DTG want to release this content on Thursday, August 19, 9 or 10 am Western Daylight Time is the earliest it can be done by Steam. End of story.:)

30. Michael Newbury

I hope it will still be there as well, but if not that is fine with me.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Clumsy Pacer

Launch discounts normally last a week don't they? I somehow doubt it'll last less than 48 hours.

32. Michael Newbury

Not entirely sure on that usually the 10% discount is only launch day, I could be wrong but we will have wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Class156

Class156 Well-Known Member

Why does the delay not surprise me? In work for a major developer and one of the keystones in this industry is to try and stick to your launch dates however it’s possible, ESPECIALLY when you push back on the day of release! Yes it’s only two days, but it does nothing to reassure the customer base and the worrying thing is why the issue wasn’t picked up yesterday at the very least if not earlier!

• Like Like x 7
  34. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Easy solution - don’t buy Rush Hour until the update has been installed and you have tested it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Michael Newbury

That is exactly what I have planned to do now, it will likely be the weekend now before I purchase the new route package possibly Monday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. slider#9040

slider#9040 New Member

Another disappointment from this group.
    Was looking forward to this what could've been a great update.
    What a joke!

• Like Like x 6
  37. Michael Newbury

As was I too looking forward to the update.

• Like Like x 1
  38. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Not to mention, they even gave us patch notes of what to look forward to. Dovetail never gives patch notes until the update releases (for whatever reason), so I was certain the update would be today. Not even route release day and the community is already rightfully disappointed, as if the price increase and route cuts weren't bad enough publicity.

• Like Like x 5
  39. slider#9040

slider#9040 New Member

This is why I'm glad Euro Truck and American Truck Simulators are PC only.
    No need to worry about other platforms and focus on one.

This should've still been released today regardless if the other platforms weren't ready.

This would've been a good two day run before the next big DLC.

• Like Like x 8
  40. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Uh oh spaghettioh... I'm pretty sure Nat said in the last stream she couldn't promise but it was "planned" for Tuesday. But this goes back to, if you can't promise something just don't say it. I think that should be taken literally from now on. No more "we plan on/scheduled for" because it seems like too often we look forward to something and then it gets delayed bit like a Southern service irl... Not digging at anyone, it's clear there are some communication issues and unforseen incidents that crop up, those things happen but lately it just seems a bit too much. So unless it's 100% slam dunk confirmed, announcing or confirming releases/updates with dates/approx dates shouldn't happen.

• Like Like x 3
  41. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

What so the delay is due to consoles now? Where did you read that or are you just being controversial for the sake of it?

• Like Like x 2
  42. Crosstie

Hard to believe that people are moaning and groaning about a 48 hour delay. There's probably some perfectly good reason for it. It's not going to make much difference to those of us with a little patience and understanding.

• Like Like x 10
  43. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The issue seems to have stemmed from people starting to think about having the core update being released TODAY, but the next gen specific versions of DLC not being released til THURSDAY...

so this would mean those on newer xboxes and PS5 would download their entire collection today to get up to version 4.26 of UE, and then download them all again on Thursday to get their console's version.
    Wouldn't affect PS4, Xbox (old) or any of the PC versions, but DTG like to give everyone the same experience no matter what version they're using
    Hopefully they confirm this and not some other issue in the stream in about an hour

• Like Like x 1
  44. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

True but lately there's been too much announcing things and not actually delivering as planned or on time. That's not a good look for a business and not what the community expects.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Of course if DTG follow this line of thought then the thought might cross their mind to go back to the old system whereby we didn't hear what was being worked on until it was just a few weeks from release..... Many of us remember how popular that system was with punters. ;)

Realistically this sounds as though it was just one of those things. Sucks but that's life. That said, there does seem to be more of these hiccups happening which I would hope DTG are taking steps to reduce them

• Like Like x 5
  46. Clumsy Pacer

And this is why they don't give dates in the roadmap streams.

Somewhat surprised no one's pulled the "scam" or "fraud" card which often someone brings up in these situations.

• Like Like x 2
  47. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

When I read this, I get the impression that some peoples would be on dead's door because the update was delayed.

People it is just an update for a game, it is not an update for a life sustaining device, the update will be publish when it is ready and in the mean time life goes on, just be a litle patient

• Like Like x 9
  48. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Steam always have someone there, but the main staff is not there 24h/7.

Yeah, they have nothing better to do than trying to create problems to others on purpose...
    Great way of thinking!

• Like Like x 4
  49. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Has happened, just on other posts...

50. Clumsy Pacer

Oh good.

• Like Like x 1